PDA

View Full Version : Central Locking/Alarm

SiR JDM
04-08-2004, 02:17 PM
As i did my b16 conversion from a breeze... i have no alarm/central locking/immobilizer...

a friend quoted me he can get it pretty cheap (90-100$) from a friend.. for a whole kit including remote central locking, alarm and immobilzier ?

What would be the difference in cheap alarms compared to those you see at jb hifi etc? Are they just marked up alot, or are they actually better quality?
Can things actually go wrong with them?

Pretty much central locking is the main thing im after.. i hate key-entry.. i want keyless... alarm and immobiliser is secondary at the moment (but dont think bout stealin my car ne of u >_<)

Does anyone know of any good .. reasonable (by that i mean cheap :P) places that do remote central locking and/or alarm/imobilz?

bumography
20-08-2004, 05:32 AM
good alarms might have more features..
ie. Auxillary, allows you to attach more sensors, minor small things such as ..
door lock when ignition on,
door unlock when ignition off,
Interior light on when unarmed and dimmed when ignition on
many small features like that can make a big difference
=D

kwayzivietnamese
20-08-2004, 08:39 PM
Alarm, immobiliser, central locking, remote for just 90!!!
man thats good...is dat fitted or not?
Can you get me one too?
Actually im just after the central locking..how much?

soon2b300hp
20-08-2004, 08:52 PM
how much do u wanna pay.... my friend works for rihno?

what state are u in?

mytoycivic
20-08-2004, 09:00 PM
just be warned with cheap immobiliser/alarms... they are usually one (maybe 2) point immobilisation...insurance will usually only cover 2 or 3 point immobilisers...so make sure u research this (with the unit itself and ur insurance company) before you go making decisions...because this could be the difference between a payout and a kick in the arse...
:)

kwayzivietnamese
20-08-2004, 11:12 PM
how much do u wanna pay.... my friend works for rihno?

what state are u in?

Im in nsw. Wots his quote on 2 doors?

SiR JDM
22-08-2004, 04:36 AM
90$ was an estimate from my friend, its actuallty 120$ but if i buy more than 1 he said probably get to 100$ but i need to find our more about the system first.

The price is not installed, im not sure if he can do installing..ill chcek n get back

soon2b300hp - im in vic? where u from? n how much for 2 door central.. i need that first, then alarm/imob.. i can get that later if i need

kwayzivietnamese
22-08-2004, 10:45 AM
100 is still pretty cheap for alarm and central locking...well central locking usually cost bout 30-40 for 4 doors..but thats not even wiv remote...
So i guess the alarm cant be that great? And wiv such types of alarms, i guess you could do it urself, save u the 100 or so for installation

Perry
22-08-2004, 12:43 PM
wat type of alarm is it?

kwayzivietnamese
22-08-2004, 02:58 PM
cant imagine it would be too great. Just sumtin to protect doors n stuff...id imagine ud be waking up some nites as well to it going off. Nevertheless, an alarm is an alarm.

SiR JDM
23-08-2004, 04:25 PM
well he said its *Boomerang* style... gettin it so cheap cuz direct from korea wholesale..

ill post up more when i got full details

btw, does ne one know where to jus get central locking cheap installed.. not even remote jus central.. i hate leaning accross n popin the door >_< fk'n breeze!

soon2b300hp
23-08-2004, 09:32 PM
i could not get it that cheap about $3oo.oo for the rihno RA with central locking kit... but that alarm will also make ur insurance cheaper,,, plus u would have to pay for fitting

MIRZ
16-05-2005, 10:22 AM
can someone advise a good alarm installer in Melbourne. western suburbs would be prefered, thanks.

J-MuN
16-05-2005, 07:03 PM
What would be the difference in cheap alarms compared to those you see at jb hifi etc? Are they just marked up alot
james... wat kinda question is that... :p PM me yo!...