PDA

View Full Version : exhaust and bpipe.

gbang007
06-10-2007, 12:14 AM
i got a twinloop i wanna get put onto a stock ek1 system. i am also considering putting on a header and cat. its more for aestetic purposes rather than performance. i know how it will sound with the header and cat but cant find any second hand ones yet. should i just get my twinloop put on now and then see how it goes sound wise. and then later down the track put the header n cat on? or just do it all at once? what about costs wise, would i be saving much by putting it on all together?

xtat1k
06-10-2007, 02:08 AM
i put exhaust on first cat & headers can wait. not sure abt price difference but if u got the funds might as well do it all in one go.

gbang007
07-10-2007, 07:56 PM
there is a custom bpipe for ek in the for sale section. i am thinking of buying it. is the bpipe the pipe that connects everything together? from header to axelback? what should i look at when buying a second hand bpipe? i also want to get second headers put on aswell as a new 2" cat converter. i dont have the headers or cat converter yet, i want to get the exhaust put on asap, i already got the twinloop, not sure if i will buy the bpipe, but should i get the axelback welded on first? im pretty sure its got a 2" inlet pipe and the bpipe is 2". would it be better off if i wait for the bpipe and get it installed at once? would i save money? what about the cat and headers? i plan on getting everything, just as matter of money and finding the right ones. what should i do?

SeverAMV
07-10-2007, 09:36 PM
twin loop should be slightly louder with factory headers, as the factory headers generally have low volume. so to maintain the same flow rate, the speed of the flow is faster, so it will lead into the catback system with a little higher speed and a slightly louder noise. altho with a twin loop system, its probably not a noticeable increase in sound. if youre getting cat and headers, probably do it all at once.

look around at international ebay if you're just looking for cheap parts. i picked up 4-2-1 stainless steel extractors + stainless steel 2.5" catback system (including resonator and muffler) with an in-built silencer, all mandrel bent, for $140US. probably wont net you the power gains of bigger brand names, but with that price, who's complaining?

gbang007
07-10-2007, 10:40 PM
will cutting a bpipe at the resonator for shipping and then welding it back together cause any problems? coz it could be a bit long for shipping, thats the only problems.

Zdster
07-10-2007, 10:46 PM
If you just want sound, do not bother changing out the headers and cat. You may want to put in a resonator to stop the drone sound, but otherwise, dont worry about it to much.

SeverAMV
07-10-2007, 11:23 PM
will cutting a bpipe at the resonator for shipping and then welding it back together cause any problems? coz it could be a bit long for shipping, thats the only problems.

no such thing as too long for shipping. only a question of how much you're willing to spend on shipping.

Limbo
07-10-2007, 11:44 PM
no AUst post has limits on size of postings. You have to use a courier to get large items in.

If i were you i'd buy all the parts and then get them put on all together. That way the exhaust will sit properly on your car.