PDA

View Full Version : Wiring Diagram/specs

DLRioM
06-10-2007, 09:05 AM
Does anyone here know where i can get documents on the wiring of the euro? I need to trace down the wire that operates the lights when the doors open. I think its the the green/silver one but need to be sure?

Thanx

EuroDude
06-10-2007, 01:58 PM
Grab an Accord CL9 service manual (on CD) from eBay. The British one will do. Don't get the TSX one since it can be quite different in some areas.

Merlin086
06-10-2007, 02:12 PM
Differen colour wires for each door. Just unscrew the door button and check the colours.

According to the manual

Front passenger.....yellow/green
Front drivers....yellow/blue

r-r-redEuro
06-10-2007, 05:19 PM
door sills ? accord euro door sills ? =/

EuroDude
06-10-2007, 06:07 PM
Remove the Bulb and use a Multimeter (Continuity test) from the bulb terminals to the location where you want to tap into (i.e. the honda connectors under the dash that lead into the door).

If you dont have a multimeter, you can get cheap non-240Volt ones at Dick Smith for like $15. The 240 volt (500v max) ones are quite expensive but you dont need them for car electrics.

DLRioM
07-10-2007, 10:47 AM
Thanx.

Best just to do the multimeter test.

If anyone finds any documents though let me know the link.

directedfx
09-10-2007, 09:08 PM
Does anyone here know where i can get documents on the wiring of the euro? I need to trace down the wire that operates the lights when the doors open. I think its the the green/silver one but need to be sure?

Thanx

Hey DLRioM, i've done a bit of testing with the wires in mine, and i i've figured out a few wires. But im not sure what you mean by "the wire that operates the lights when the doors open" the dome light or courtesy door lights?

I think what your after is the green /w red stripe wire that you can locate going down the drivers side A-Pillar in the wiring loom. This is a negative trigger, ie. only switches to ground (otherwise open) when you see the domelight turn on automatically, so when the ignition is turned off, and also when u unlock your car by remote when approaching.

The other wire you may be after is the door trigger wire, which im pretty sure is also negative triggering, and you can find this by unscrewing the push switch on the door sill on the drivers door frame. The push switch is what gets pressed by the door when shut to indicate the door is in a closed position.

Let me know exactly what your trying to do and i might be able to help you out more with the wiring colours. Hope the above info helped.

Goodluck

DLRioM
10-10-2007, 08:34 AM
Im after the positive trigger which i believe could be green/grey wire located under the drivers dash.

Im installing a neon under the drivers and passenger dash to operate when either door is opened.

EUR003act
10-10-2007, 09:35 AM
Im after the positive trigger which i believe could be green/grey wire located under the drivers dash.

Im installing a neon under the drivers and passenger dash to operate when either door is opened.

u'll have to use the negative trigger... all the positives and pre wired on (they dont turn on or off) and the controling of the lights is via the ground being connected/disconnected... if you really need positive, just run the switching ground to a SPDT (single pole double throw) relay, the other side of the coil direct to positive (trhough a fuse ofcourse) and then also run the positive direct to the common on the relay. then on the N/O (normally open) pin out, connect you neons positive there... that way when the door opens, the relay will trip, allowing the positive to go closed circuit :cool:

directedfx
10-10-2007, 08:37 PM
As EUR003act mentioned above, you can use the negative trigger to switch ON a relay to pass through a 12+ voltage.

Alternatively (and ONLY because the neons run on a lower current) you could simply connect the red(+'ve) wire of the neon to a constant 12v, and connect the proposed green/grey wire to the black(-'ve) wire of the neon. This is the same way any light in your car will work. However, as your 'borrowing' that negative trigger from another circuit, it would probably be a good idea to use a 1N4001 blocking diode to avoid 12v from feeding back into the door circuit. This method would only cost you a grand total of maybe 25c for the diode. Enjoy!

PS: Take photos and post em' up when your done, possibly a DIY even ;)

EUR003act
11-10-2007, 09:09 PM
1N4001 blocking diode

now thats very specific :p

good choice in diode lol i must have thousands of them in my garage!!