PDA

View Full Version : IN DASH - DVD Install

SRVTIR
06-10-2007, 10:01 AM
Guys/Girls,:wave:

Im not exactly after somthing you can buy at a store. What im looking at doing is getting a DVD player (Probably just the screen) mounted into the top of the dash - just above the hazard lights..

Ive seen it done before by someguy on here and cant find the thread at all!

I remember it in a newer model euro and he had taken out that LCD screen for the time, temperature etc and modifying the whole to have the screen motoriz out of the the top section of the dash...

any idea guys???
:cool:

DLRioM
06-10-2007, 10:11 AM
Try this link.http://www.ryda.com.au/Car-Audio-Car...cias-s/182.htm

SRVTIR
06-10-2007, 10:14 AM
mate

thanks for ya help but read the thread!

im not after that.. what im after is full custom install stuff... im not sure who did it.. but sombody has... its the little lcd screen above the hazard lights and about the air vents.. he took that out and put a dvd screen in it...

Adrian Euro
06-10-2007, 08:19 PM
yeh i was looking for that thread aswell, seen it before so i know what ur talking abouut but i cant find it again sorry

Miz_II_Die_IV
07-10-2007, 03:52 AM
Same man... ive seen it on one of the forum but cant find it again... dunno if it was ozhonda tho... but yeah... definately seen it b4.... its was a conversion... please help i like to know this too.... ANYONE????

kenny
08-10-2007, 07:23 PM
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x62/xklusiveuro/Half-Din-Honda2520Accord.jpg

i think this is the one you want.. hope it helps..

r-r-redEuro
08-10-2007, 07:24 PM
yeah thats the one i so want that.

SRVTIR
08-10-2007, 08:32 PM
Gime Gime Gime!!! I Want!

How Much?? Where?? Lol

traumatized
08-10-2007, 08:41 PM
that looks pretty good actually, looks nice and clean.

Miz_II_Die_IV
09-10-2007, 02:06 AM
\yes please were did you find it.... Anyone info please....

jamchen
09-10-2007, 12:53 PM
it is actually an factory option for GPS for accords sold in Taiwan, unlike they changed the whole centre panel for GPS like in the Euro... but i am just concern about vision blockage as that unit is sitting pretty high...

Adrian Euro
09-10-2007, 12:55 PM
I should be able to get this for anyone who wants it. I can get the capsule. Or did anyone need the TV as well. I didn't realise that was what everyone was looking for. PM if your keen.

SRVTIR
09-10-2007, 01:03 PM
what is it??? it is just a peice in which bolts onto the top of the dash?

Adrian Euro
09-10-2007, 01:57 PM
what is it??? it is just a peice in which bolts onto the top of the dash?

No it actually replaces the whole air con section. The part that glues on the top is the cheaper version and it bolts to the top and its like $400 just for that this one actuall is the whole section. its one whole piece and custom to a honda euro.

SRVTIR
09-10-2007, 01:59 PM
ok...cool ...

what about wiring though? The standard deck has aux in i kno.. but how does that work??? any ideas guys????

Adrian Euro
09-10-2007, 02:23 PM
ok...cool ...

what about wiring though? The standard deck has aux in i kno.. but how does that work??? any ideas guys????

There are two options you can either purchase the capsul and then have a single din unit placed there. This requires no cutting or bolts. Or you can purchase the capsul and head unit at the same time. They are not built into each other. You have the capsule and the the head unit.

traumatized
09-10-2007, 02:42 PM
guess i would also be concerned about visiblity as the screen will be sitting up quite high.

though its a nice option if anyone wants to upgrade their deck and not use the stock cd player.

Adrian Euro
09-10-2007, 02:56 PM
I find this option better and safer for sat nav then having it below in the storage compartment. Being there you are always looking down cause a hazard.

Eddie
09-10-2007, 03:00 PM
Wow,
if it cost 400 for the glue on version. how much would it cost for the actual capsule with single din.

not sure if it's really worth it

Adrian Euro
09-10-2007, 03:22 PM
Wow,
if it cost 400 for the glue on version. how much would it cost for the actual capsule with single din.

not sure if it's really worth it

I dont know about the glue version i have seen them around but wouldn't use them. I can get them for $600. The capsul which replaces the top console. SO when you resell your car you can just put the other console back on. Its worth it though. I have GPS and TV.

Eddie
09-10-2007, 03:30 PM
so do you have any pictures of your setup? :D

600 for the capsule or the glue on version?

Adrian Euro
09-10-2007, 04:05 PM
so do you have any pictures of your setup? :D

600 for the capsule or the glue on version?

600 for the capsule. I will try and get pictures this weekend. I dont have my digital camera atm.

r-r-redEuro
09-10-2007, 05:08 PM
no watching while driving = no visual blockage =)

traumatized
09-10-2007, 06:30 PM
no watching while driving = no visual blockage =)

unless you have gps in which case the screen will be up while driving :)

i still think its a nice and clean look and looks stock, maybe another option to consider when ppl plain to upgrade their deck instead of having the deck in the bottom compartment

kenny
10-10-2007, 01:28 AM
personally i reckon this is better, as if you wanna look at the screen, all you have to do is look abit, like you can see it in the corner of your eye... whilst on the other hand, if you mount your deck down where the storage compartment is, you actually have to look down fully to see the deck.. and plus you dont ruin your whole compartment space which i reckon is realy handy :D

Miz_II_Die_IV
12-10-2007, 12:49 AM
Hey... how bout installation n stuff... im kinda interested.. tho im gonna have to save up abit... whereabouts u live? in Sydney... it'll be sweet to come see it in action... im wating to put a 7" screen in there. will it fit??? any extra mods??

pilotb777_300
12-10-2007, 02:14 PM
Hey guys... I'm very interested in this. I would like to get a cost idea though of what a full set up would be worth. Capsule, screen, some sort of DVD/CD player and TV tuner. I'm thinking about 1.5K? would this sound about right? MY stock CD player in the car died recently so I'm thinking of not fixin it and getting this instead.

badthing
12-10-2007, 02:18 PM
Is this for all versions of the Euro? Sounds interesting.

cdjhitman
21-10-2007, 11:55 PM
im very interested in this too. us sydney guys shud meet up sumwhere to talk about this. lol. ive been wanting to install my 7 inch alpin tv but duno where to install it.. this seems the perfect place.

Ken-f
23-09-2008, 10:32 PM
So anyone actually find this unit?

BraXta
25-09-2008, 08:22 PM
just one thing tho..

by aussie law if the screen is above the highest point of the actual dash then it will be a defect because it obstructs the head crash zone

i know lots of people Defected for stuff like that ...

thats in NSW anyways no idea bout the other places

Ken-f
25-09-2008, 08:38 PM
Are you serious?? How about all those GPS' that are windscreen mounted?

d0p3y
26-09-2008, 06:27 AM
Are you serious?? How about all those GPS' that are windscreen mounted?

I believe they are legal because they are only mounted with a suction cup - ie: if you hit it with your head in a crash it's just going to fall off or bend out of the way as it's not a permanent fixture.

I still think windscreen mounted GPS are a stupid distraction anyway..

BraXta
26-09-2008, 08:37 AM
I believe they are legal because they are only mounted with a suction cup - ie: if you hit it with your head in a crash it's just going to fall off or bend out of the way as it's not a permanent fixture.

I still think windscreen mounted GPS are a stupid distraction anyway..

i agree with u there =P

and they normally lead you in the busy roads when it thinks its a short cut =P

D R U
26-09-2008, 10:22 AM
I've driven my friends mazda 3 with a screen in the same position.

I tell you now, it's fricken annoying and distracting, it actually covers quite a bit of your view.

I just close it if i drive his car, which defeats the purpose of having a screen.

It might be different in the euro though.

BraXta
28-09-2008, 09:07 AM
Maybe if you installed it upside down..

So it covers vents not window =P

heheh i know that in some DVD tv screens you can flip screens

Ken-f
28-09-2008, 07:13 PM
ahah, yes i was thinking that, but I think it'd look kinda stupid haha