PDA

View Full Version : Integra vtir mods

MicchyR
06-10-2007, 10:45 AM
Hey all im new to the honda scene so dont slam me for this im still pretty n00b lol. I was thinking of getting an integra vtir (1996) and was just wondering what mods could be done (the one im thinking of buying has a full exhaust and intake already done) but i was wondering if there was anything else aside from this? perhaps interchangable parts from the type R's? any little hints or tips to unlock a bit more power would be great.

also is it possible to get a type R body kit (minus the wing and stickers :P), ive been looking at a few websites and a lot of bodykit places dont seem to have em. Anyways thanks.

Zilli
06-10-2007, 11:12 AM
dude i think it'd be in your interest to read the stickies in the Integra forum, they give you some great information. The thing you need to understand is its not easy to get big power out of our cars unless u go turbo...

you can get lip kits that replicate the ITR dunno exactly where from though

xtat1k
06-10-2007, 11:14 AM
you can change anything you want basically, just as long as you have the funds. and as for the type r body. no shop/website will sell it. unless ur very lucky and theres someone sellin on here. but theyre very rare to find.

MicchyR
06-10-2007, 11:18 AM
i tried searching but couldnt find anything that useful. and yeah im aware turbo is the only way to get big power, i was just looking for something a little extra - i currently own a pulsar and for e.g you can advance the timing safely for a little extra power, little tricks like that, id be happy with it stock as my 1.6L aint exactly a dyno king :P

yeah just looking for replicate type r kits. Thanks for the replies guys.

tRipitaka
06-10-2007, 11:22 AM
the kit really only consists of a itr front lip..

but for your 1996 teg to look like a type r, you'll need a rear facelift bumper, a front facelift conversion, and of course, the itr front lip.. you'll also need to shave off the side mouldings..

MicchyR
06-10-2007, 11:24 AM
oh is there a significant difference in looks of 1996 and 1998+ models? see i didnt even know that lol only just getting into hondas.

tRipitaka
06-10-2007, 11:31 AM
oh is there a significant difference in looks of 1996 and 1998+ models? see i didnt even know that lol only just getting into hondas.

:thumbsup:

so if you want to do a type r lookalike.. it's best to get a 98+ model.. as parts for a facelift conversion are damn hard to find nowadays..

MicchyR
06-10-2007, 11:33 AM
is that more or less the rear and front bar? or is there a bigger difference than that (lights, some structural parts, quartar panels etc) i had a look at a few pics of this 1996 and to honest it looks pretty good already it probably wouldnt need a kit. there seems to be plenty of other kits out there anyway.

tRipitaka
06-10-2007, 11:39 AM
is that more or less the rear and front bar? or is there a bigger difference than that (lights, some structural parts, quartar panels etc) i had a look at a few pics of this 1996 and to honest it looks pretty good already it probably wouldnt need a kit. there seems to be plenty of other kits out there anyway.

more than just the bumper..
headlights, parkers, front bumper, and possibly modify the bumper support (someone confirm this ?)

but rear bumper is straight swap.. but are as rare as hens teeth

MicchyR
06-10-2007, 11:42 AM
fair enough, well probably give that a miss, but im liking the look of it anyway. just another question, the steering wheel in these look pretty lame, i was wondering if i could be swapped out for something better (with airbag) maybe a type R one (again im guessing it will be expensive and probably difficult) just wondering though. thanks.

G-Stick
06-10-2007, 11:52 AM
more than just the bumper..
headlights, parkers, front bumper, and possibly modify the bumper support (someone confirm this ?)

but rear bumper is straight swap.. but are as rare as hens teeth

nah u dont need to modify the bumper support.

from wat it seems ur better off gettting a 98+ vtir because the money u gonna spend on the front and rear conversions will boost it to the price of the 98 anyways.

as for the type r steering wheel, to fit it on the 93-97 u have to modify some wires. but i think for the 98 its a straight fit

MicchyR
06-10-2007, 11:59 AM
lol yeah i think the type kit is out, only because the car in question is 1996 and i can get a pretty good deal on it, great condition etc and i might choose to go all out on it later down the line and get a whole kit. thanks all for the replies, been a good help.

xtat1k
06-10-2007, 12:20 PM
steering wheel isnt that hard to find it. a couple of people sell it but then again its still rare. you have more chances on finding a steering wheel then type r panels.

MicchyR
06-10-2007, 12:25 PM
cool, the reason i dont just buy a type R (aside from the 5-10k extra purchase price) is also the insurance on one, which would be a must but its at about 3700 a year full comp :( something i cannot afford a year, my pulsar is like 1300 lol so cant really justify it.

rikstar
06-10-2007, 09:12 PM
Hey, welcome to the family (Honda) hehe.

Just my opinion, but I say you should spend your money on making your VTi-R stand out from the crowd with some nice wheels, lower springs and maybe just a front lip. Don’t waste your money on making it look like a type R… I’ve spent loads of money on making my car look like a type R and I just gave up because it almost became an obsession hehe… but I the best thing I got for my 98 VTi-R was a thicker swaybar and new suspension. If you want bang for buck go for these two items.

DUST
08-10-2007, 05:16 PM
Like rikstar said, don't waste your money trying to make a copy of a type R. Make your DC2 stand out, people are only gonna laugh at you for imitating a Type R.

I get laughed at all the time about my car, but who gives a sh!t my car stills turns head. Be original and don't be like every other sheep in the world...

Just get some decent stand out rims, which people don't usually buy. Get a set of coilovers, and do up abit of interior design. Then you should be happy with your Teg.

shebangs
08-10-2007, 11:54 PM
Or do what I did did. Keep it stock outside, and do the engine and suspension. I eat R's for breakfast (and lots of other cars). It's all fun though, gotta respect the R.

The front bar doesn't make it go faster :)

G-Stick
09-10-2007, 06:25 PM
Or do what I did did. Keep it stock outside, and do the engine and suspension. I eat R's for breakfast (and lots of other cars). It's all fun though, gotta respect the R.

The front bar doesn't make it go faster :)

so wat times are u running?

F.O.B Squad
09-10-2007, 10:01 PM
Not sure if this is true but i read somewhere in OH, if you wanna keep up with the dc2r in engine performance, apparently you can put in a b16a head, change the intake manifold with an aftermarket one, good headers and exhaust system and if you wanna go further maybe get forged pistons or something like that, thats if you dont wanna go turbo and keep it N/A.
And i guess for handling as good as a dc2r put in a good set of coilovers, strut and sway bars and i think you should have a good ride and prob a good set of wheels and tires.