PDA

View Full Version : What to do with my EK hatch imported Vti?

RedVTi
06-10-2007, 11:38 PM
Hi, I purchased a EK hatch with SOHC Vtech engine. The weight of this car is 1025kg as per the Rego paper. I am now kind of sick of this car's performance. Do you guys think I should sell it( for $6000approx) and get something else or spend another another $4-5K to install the B16 or B18 engine? And what should i do with this SOHC Vti engine.....can i get a few hundred $$ for it?

xqwzit
06-10-2007, 11:54 PM
the search function will be very helpful :)

EK1.6LCIV
07-10-2007, 08:41 AM
Hi, I purchased a EK hatch with SOHC Vtech engine. The weight of this car is 1025kg as per the Rego paper. I am now kind of sick of this car's performance. Do you guys think I should sell it( for $6000approx) and get something else or spend another another $4-5K to install the B16 or B18 engine? And what should i do with this SOHC Vti engine.....can i get a few hundred $$ for it?

I have the Vti Coupe and I'm goin the B16 swap route shortly, mainly because I love the shape of the EJ8s and at the time there were no EM1s for sale near me years back. There's heaps that can be done to the D-series motors in them, but I've decided a turbo was too expensive compared to the B-series swap.

RedVTi
07-10-2007, 10:01 AM
Yeah, I have seen all these turbo kits for sale on ebay. For the same B16 engine swap($4K) money, I can probably buy a full turbo kit for my D motor as well as the piston & conrods kits to lower the engine compression. Then the car will require better fuel supply and radiators. Don't know if this combo will make my civic go faster than VTi-R. Does B series swap require upgrade on fuel system and new radiator too?

Chr1s
07-10-2007, 10:10 AM
Firstly,

pistons and conrods are a necessity when boosting for being forged, conrods dont lower compression. Even if you go D->B you would probably need to upgrade a fuel area of somesort and i doubt a stock b18 would give a boosted D a run for its money (considering you have forged internals and can run higher boost than 10psi)

If you got the money go boost, otherwise if you wanna compete with boost start looking at K series (or worked B series)

|N|
07-10-2007, 11:29 AM
ahhhhhhhhh.. i know this car...

barefootbonzai
07-10-2007, 11:55 AM
Dude was your car on carsales? I was trying to contact you, my mate wants to buy you car!!!!

RedVTi
07-10-2007, 02:36 PM
Sorry, i have listed it on carsales but because I have other cars I wasn't really paying attention to this one. This civic has SOHC Vtech but the sycho is worn out( Still drives fine but swifting in high rev will hear a noise), i have been told that the replacement gearbox will cost me $400 replaced. So at the moment I am deciding what to do with it because I can get a B16A half cut for it for $3K and that it will include the gearbox. Still I am willing to let it go for the right offer. The listed price on carsales is $6,400 and it is negotiable.

philBo
07-10-2007, 03:14 PM
if you do an engine conversion, at least go b18. b16's are gutlesssssss

aimre
07-10-2007, 10:05 PM
Firstly,

pistons and conrods are a necessity when boosting for being forged, conrods dont lower compression. Even if you go D->B you would probably need to upgrade a fuel area of somesort and i doubt a stock b18 would give a boosted D a run for its money (considering you have forged internals and can run higher boost than 10psi)

If you got the money go boost, otherwise if you wanna compete with boost start looking at K series (or worked B series)

Wrong

SeverAMV
08-10-2007, 08:19 AM
Firstly,

shorter conrods can lower compression, as it doesnt allow the travel all the way to where its meant to, which reduces the pressure on the air and fuel mixture, and hence compression. altho you're better off playing around with pistons for that, playing around with shorter conrods can really mess up your engine.

steve88
08-10-2007, 04:31 PM
they made the EK's in VTi only?!

JDMTMY
08-10-2007, 05:02 PM
Aus ek's came in cxi, gli, and vtir

JDMTMY
08-10-2007, 05:10 PM
pm sent

RedVTi
08-10-2007, 05:11 PM
As per my ad in carsales, this is an oversea model. I don't know how to post the engine bay pic onto this thread otherwise i would include a pic. If you are interested. Please give me your email address and i shall send you a pic. This is an oversea factory model and it is a hatch with SOHC VTEC engine. It has ABS, better door trim and Leather seats. Still i think it is slow and need an engine swap or turbocharged.

FEL12X
08-10-2007, 06:50 PM
HAHA..finally u are here...

guys this is an import "STOCK" EK VTI..or u can say its a VTI-S in some country, the D series SOHC VTEC in this one is not same as the local EK sedan VTI, this one got a black rocker if i am not wrong, but i was told this sort of JDM sohc D series make more Kws then the local one (correct me if i wrong)..

Mr RedVTi...if u want to keep this and make it a lil quicker,..get the exhaust done first, i reckon the one on ur car now is bit too big..

EK1.6LCIV
10-10-2007, 07:39 AM
It's sounds like it's an EJ8 to me please take a pic of the tag in the engine bay near the radiator to confirm my suspisions

philBo
11-10-2007, 08:42 AM
It's sounds like it's an EJ8 to me please take a pic of the tag in the engine bay near the radiator to confirm my suspisions

^^ he already said that it's an overseas model sohc vtec car dude.

As per my ad in carsales, this is an oversea model. I don't know how to post the engine bay pic onto this thread otherwise i would include a pic. If you are interested. Please give me your email address and i shall send you a pic. This is an oversea factory model and it is a hatch with SOHC VTEC engine. It has ABS, better door trim and Leather seats. Still i think it is slow and need an engine swap or turbocharged.

RedVTi
11-10-2007, 09:31 AM
Anyway, I intend to make this civic a sleeper. Performance is my main concern. See my wanted list in the "Wanted to Buy"section. Hope you guys can help.

RedVTi
11-10-2007, 09:40 AM
HAHA..finally u are here...

guys this is an import "STOCK" EK VTI..or u can say its a VTI-S in some country, the D series SOHC VTEC in this one is not same as the local EK sedan VTI, this one got a black rocker if i am not wrong, but i was told this sort of JDM sohc D series make more Kws then the local one (correct me if i wrong)..

Mr RedVTi...if u want to keep this and make it a lil quicker,..get the exhaust done first, i reckon the one on ur car now is bit too big..

Hey buddy! Thanks for your explanation. I bought this car because it seems interesting...but now i am losing hope on this car..should have concentrated on my other track car don't you think?

barefootbonzai
11-10-2007, 01:35 PM
yeah just concentrate on your other car and sell this car to my mate :)

RedVTi
11-10-2007, 01:50 PM
I have given all the details and photos to your mate but i haven't heard back.

FEL12X
11-10-2007, 08:54 PM
keep this as ur daily mate...drive ur flying chicken in the track..

RedVTi
11-10-2007, 09:27 PM
Too late now!! Just purchase the turbo kit for this D engine. Now looking to buy the metal gasket, forged pistons and conrods package from us. Then I will need your mate to install them for me. Never know i may begin to love Honda!