PDA

View Full Version : Proportional Brake Valve Problem

AsH_
07-10-2007, 01:35 AM
my EG's proportional brake valve is leaking slowly...

is it very hard to change?

i was told its a real pain in the ass...

i'm thinking of changing it myself when i bleed my brakes...

here's a pic of it atm...
http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/6086/dsc02853my7.jpg

on hot days my brake pedal sinks...

riruiz_88
07-10-2007, 07:42 AM
wow damn thats a real worry ey, dont want brakes failing on you while doing 100km. is that the standard valve? as you said that you gonna change the valve when you bleed your brakes next time, would this leave the seals prone to damage as your taking all the brake fluid out? but if you know what yours doing go ahead mate and do a DIY while your at it, so others like me may have an idea how it can be done. cause you dont want to fool around with your brakes

Eclipsor
07-10-2007, 10:05 AM
It may be a bit hard to get access but apart from that it should be fairly straight forward. Just make sure you use a flare nut wrench on the hard lines. If they feel like they're about to round then stop and probably use a set of vice grips, very carefully. Don't overclamp them.

If you're taking it off the bracket I think you'll need a torx bit. Apart from that just try and catch as much fluid as you can before it gets all over your paint etc.

AsH_
07-10-2007, 07:58 PM
it doesn't look too hard to change...
i never done it before...

but i tend to try and do DIY on my car...

i believe its a standard valve...
i looked up, needs to be a 40/40 proportional valve...

might need to try and source one...
might call honda 2moro...

looks like its basically...

bleed brake fluid...
Unbolt the hard lines...
undo and remove valve from bracket...
then reverse the procedure with a new/used proportional valve.

if someone has had experience it changing these please let me know what exactly is involved and if i fix it up myself i'll for sure make a DIY for it...

AsH_
08-10-2007, 06:55 PM
i looked on the valve and it said 40/30 on it... what does that mean?

where its leaking is at some little black circle thing on the top half and the valve... its free moving if i push it in a little bit...

ECU-MAN
09-10-2007, 08:50 AM
since its not dual carb you will have a bit more room, still its a fun job.

if your going to change it your self make sure you have got a 10mm pipe spanner.

also since your pedal is creaping to the floor, I recon you will have to rebuild your master cylinder.

AsH_
09-10-2007, 12:58 PM
thanks heaps...

so its not a hard job...

ECU-MAN
09-10-2007, 02:35 PM
I didnt say it was easy

JasonGilholme
09-10-2007, 02:40 PM
its easy when theres nothing in the engine bay. The Intake manifold will get in the way while the engines in there.

Try and get one from the wreckers with the braket. It'll make life alot easier.

You'll need a 40/30 for the EG.

Also, some new fluid would be good if your pedal is creeping on hot days. Mine used to do it a bit in heavy heavy traffic (standing still for about 30 minutes) but new fluid fixed it.

AsH_
09-10-2007, 06:38 PM
i was looking at it today after i changed my oil...

yeh it looks like a bitch... coz of those hard line bolts...

rebuild the master cylinder... i'll give it a shot...