PDA

View Full Version : Ignition problem

sikisdr69
07-10-2007, 04:45 PM
Hi Guys

When i give the car has warmed up if i turn it off and try to turn back on it wont, if i let it cool down for like and hour then it will start again, i can clutch start the car in this process while it is warm, does anyone know what it could be, im thinking that the starter motor relay is heating up and not responding, Also it happens when i use Vtec alot, it didnt use to do this before i tuned it to allow vtec to kick in, could it be a ECU problem, I would much appreciate it if you guys can help me out

CRXer
07-10-2007, 05:35 PM
Does the car crank but not fire,or just not crank at all when u try to restart?

If it does crank,then take a look at the main fuel relay.

bennjamin
07-10-2007, 05:54 PM

+1 vote for this.
My old car did it , started fine , but after awhile sitting in traffic would stall. Leave it for awhile to cool don and it was fine , but it would happen again.
Replaced main relay and all was good.

sikisdr69
07-10-2007, 09:10 PM
Car doesnt crank at all, and wont crank untill the car is completely cool, after car is cooled down it will start i can turn it off and back on no problems, but after i go for a drive and plant it wont start once i turn it off, but night times its fine as the weatehr is cool and car doesnt heat up as much, im thinking its the starter motor playing up im going to do some checks on it and see how i go

fatboyz39
08-10-2007, 08:08 AM

+1 vote for this.
My old car did it , started fine , but after awhile sitting in traffic would stall. Leave it for awhile to cool don and it was fine , but it would happen again.
Replaced main relay and all was good.

Why not change the main relay? Or if not test it out? Much cheaper option first.

sikisdr69
09-10-2007, 08:17 AM
yea thats what im going to do, coz i had the stalling problem yesterday, how can i test to see if it is gone, because it seems to be ok now but i dont want to be in teh same situation as yesterday

bennjamin
09-10-2007, 08:43 AM
try and borrow a known working one from someone with a similar aged car as yours. IF it still has the same problem then its not the main relay.

ECU-MAN
09-10-2007, 08:52 AM
Hi Guys

When i give the car has warmed up if i turn it off and try to turn back on it wont, if i let it cool down for like and hour then it will start again, i can clutch start the car in this process while it is warm, does anyone know what it could be, im thinking that the starter motor relay is heating up and not responding, Also it happens when i use Vtec alot, it didnt use to do this before i tuned it to allow vtec to kick in, could it be a ECU problem, I would much appreciate it if you guys can help me out

change yoru ICM

sikisdr69
09-10-2007, 08:58 AM
change yoru ICM

can you elaborate on ICM

bennjamin
09-10-2007, 09:01 AM
ICM = igniter unit for the dizzy

ECU-MAN
09-10-2007, 09:15 AM
Ignition Control Modual