PDA

View Full Version : replacement brake pads

muli
04-08-2004, 05:48 PM
Rang two honda dealerships today asking for front brake pad prices, got two different prices $170 or $177. One is $250 to install and other one is $290.
Now i think thats a complete rip-off but obviously i would have to use original honda pads not to void warranty incase something happens or do i?

Psyklops
04-08-2004, 05:59 PM
geezus that's a bit much for stock pads! I got my pads (Razztech compound for street)) for a similar price, and they are pretty damn nice....and as for installation, it is a walk in the park...VERY easy to do...dunno about voiding warranty, my EG Vti is kinda outta that period now :roll: ;)

FIT
04-08-2004, 07:17 PM
Rang two honda dealerships today asking for front brake pad prices, got two different prices $170 or $177. One is $250 to install and other one is $290.
Now i think thats a complete rip-off but obviously i would have to use original honda pads not to void warranty incase something happens or do i?

mind me asking which honda dealer charge the cheapest one? might need to go there for cheap stuff hehe

muli
05-08-2004, 07:56 AM
$170 at highway honda in springwood and $177 in cleveland but im quite dissapointed with the honda service anyways, some service dealerships wanted $230 for 20000kms service, one was $250 and ended up getting it for $168 at another honda dealership

TypeG
05-08-2004, 11:32 AM
Honda service is always rip off coz we need them to service our NEW car

muli
26-10-2004, 08:25 PM
just a update ended up getting the honda parts through a friend that can get cheap parts from few car dealers, ended up paying around $108 for them :=)

BBC03
27-10-2004, 01:12 AM
i'm getting Project U brake pads... are they any good compared to the OEM one?
will your warranty voids if you change the pads?

Type R Positive
27-10-2004, 01:53 AM
Change the pads your self. It would take you 5 seconds seriously.
check out for endless brake pads and calipers! They have your jazz front pads.
www.centraxauto.com.au Australian distributor.

Jus-10
27-10-2004, 08:24 AM
Honda service is always rip off coz we need them to service our NEW car

That is 100% not true. You can service your car at ANY licensed mechanic and still retain the full factory warranty.

Type R Positive
27-10-2004, 02:30 PM
That is 100% not true. You can service your car at ANY licensed mechanic and still retain the full factory warranty. :thumbsup::thumbsup: This is what I have to do. The closest dealership to me is about 1200 kms away. You are just supposed to use honda lubricants and parts. I got 10l of FEO oil and a few filters and some coolant sent up from Perth. I don't mind, it is good stuff anyway plus I have spares if I get in the shit. The dealer might tell you one thing, but if any of you have any questions regarding your car, CALL HONDA AUSTRALIA! They don't lie!

Geoffy
27-10-2004, 04:27 PM
That is 100% not true. You can service your car at ANY licensed mechanic and still retain the full factory warranty.
Yeah but if you intend to sell your car it would be worth more if you state on your log book that it's serviced by honda all the time...

Type R Positive
27-10-2004, 05:18 PM
Yeah but if you intend to sell your car it would be worth more if you state on your log book that it's serviced by honda all the time... No. you might get more if you serviced every 5,000k instead of every 10,000k. Most people know that dealerships are dodgy anyway. What, you think that honda can change an oil filter better than elsewhere?

TypeG
27-10-2004, 07:57 PM
Yeah but if you intend to sell your car it would be worth more if you state on your log book that it's serviced by honda all the time...

that's the truth u cant argue
ppl know dealer are doggy but prefer the car to service over there all the time
if a new car is not service in Honda, yr resale value will go down and even worse if u trade in