PDA

View Full Version : USED Accord Euro Warranty Help!

fjear
08-10-2007, 02:01 PM
Hi Guys,

I recently just bought a 2005 Euro Luxury which came with the balance of 5 year Factory Warranty.

I called up a Honda dealer and they said if you buy a Used Honda with warranty you will only get 3 Months Warranty instead of what the balance is..

Has anyone else had any experience with this? Is this considered normal or am I getting shafted?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated..

Cheers Guys!

traumatized
08-10-2007, 02:06 PM
Probably best to get word from Honda Australia as they will probably know best (hopefully).

1800 804 954 is the contact number, explain the situation and see what they have to say.

Tobster
08-10-2007, 02:11 PM
I can't recall if the warranty is transferable or not... If I can find my paperwork, I'll see what it says.

The original 3 year warranty probably is, the extension might not be...

Agree: phone Honda direct.

SpadeSix
08-10-2007, 02:30 PM
i just got my 04 euro lux last week and it all came with the leftover of the extended warranty and 3 month warranty from the dealer. I spoke to honda australia & they said everything should be fine providing you do the necessary transfer of warranty paperwork at the back of the warranty booklet but if your unsure call honda aust. they're pretty helpful.

matt
08-10-2007, 03:11 PM
if the car is still covered by Honda Australia warranty then it is transferable, there is a form u should fill out and send back in the warranty book.

given its an 05 car it still should be under warranty.

the extended warranty, the one bought from honda aus, is also transferable, if there is one on the car.

my DC5R was under the 3 year warranty when i got it, i transfered it, and also bought the extended warranty with no probs at all.

aaronng
08-10-2007, 03:19 PM
Yup, the extended warranty is also handled by Honda Australia, not the dealer. So get the paperwork done, or call up Honda Australia. What they do is enter into the system that your warranty expires in 5 instead of 3 years. So make sure you send the paperwork in to transfer any remaining warranty. The form for the 3 year warranty is in the service booklet, but for the extended warranty, you should call Honda Australia to request any relevant forms.