PDA

View Full Version : Accord Euro R Sports Pedals

jooneth
09-10-2007, 07:40 PM
Has anyone installed the euro R sports pedals?
I bought one but I am having trouble installing the brake and clutch pedals. There is like this small thin and long looking rod (looks like a nail) that seems like to be screwed onto the pedals, but dunno how to screw these on..... (Those of you have installed this will know what I mean)
Any thoughts?

Suntzu
09-10-2007, 07:49 PM
Where you get them from. Im heaps keen for some pedals but i dont want to be swapping entire assemblies!

sports06
09-10-2007, 07:55 PM
sorry cant help, but where did you get them from, wouldnt mind a set for myself

Edit: ^^^^ beat me to it lol

mugen88
09-10-2007, 07:59 PM
First you need to remove the plastic cover off the factory brake and clutch pedals. Then you need to drill some holes for the pedals to to be rivetted in.

See if this helps you.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52314&highlight=euro

devilians
09-10-2007, 08:37 PM
I got my done tru honda when I got my car they gave me discount so got them for AU$165 installed cost you the same if you buy it in japan

aaronng
09-10-2007, 09:02 PM
Yup, take off the rubber part on your existing pedal, put the metal pedals over and mark out the 3 holes. Then you have to drill those holes. The thin metal rod things are rivets and you need a hand riveting tool ($11-15 at supercheap) to put those on.

jooneth
15-10-2007, 02:21 PM
Yup, take off the rubber part on your existing pedal, put the metal pedals over and mark out the 3 holes. Then you have to drill those holes. The thin metal rod things are rivets and you need a hand riveting tool ($11-15 at supercheap) to put those on.

Thanks guys~~ I didn't know that thin rod stuff was rivets. I got the tool off my friend and now I have installed them... looks awesome..

I got the pedal through ebay. It took me a while to get one coz I was waiting for someone to sell this pedal. Got it for AU$180 including shipping.

aaronng
15-10-2007, 02:25 PM
Thanks guys~~ I didn't know that thin rod stuff was rivets. I got the tool off my friend and now I have installed them... looks awesome..

I got the pedal through ebay. It took me a while to get one coz I was waiting for someone to sell this pedal. Got it for AU$180 including shipping.

That's cheap. Do you have the link to the auction?

EUR003act
15-10-2007, 03:05 PM
I have a combination of the Mugen Racing pedals and the Genuine Honda pedals... i had to use the Mugen ones for clutch/brake as honda australia only make the racing pedals for automatics! :(

heres a snappy (notice my silver dash trim :D)
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=7135&d=1192424657

aaronng
15-10-2007, 04:58 PM
Aren't the mugen ones defectable since they don't have the rubber grip? Here are the ones for the manual, but it's no where near $180 shipped: http://yhst-1408381693991.stores.yahoo.net/jdmaceurpeas.html

EUR003act
15-10-2007, 05:33 PM
Aren't the mugen ones defectable since they don't have the rubber grip? Here are the ones for the manual, but it's no where near $180 shipped: http://yhst-1408381693991.stores.yahoo.net/jdmaceurpeas.html

they might be :( they have this crazy steel mesh on them, if your only wearing socks its like velcro! lol i dont see an issue with slipping of the pedals, infact, they definately grip more than the rubber... but if thats the law, then i guess the are defectable! lucky it only takes 10secs to swap them back over to rubber :D

aaronng
15-10-2007, 05:37 PM
How do you attach it to the pedal? Using very strong double sided tape?

tron07
15-10-2007, 05:56 PM
Some forumers posted that they got theirs from IS motorracing (Rockdale, Sydney) for (I think) $250... Anyone want to get one? Maybe we can go together and get some bulk discount. Do PM me.

EUR003act
15-10-2007, 06:44 PM
How do you attach it to the pedal? Using very strong double sided tape?

nah the have like a grove around the sides and bottom so that the cover slides over the pedal... then at the top there is a aluminium bar that screws onto the cover from behind holding it all in place... no rivets, no double sided tape, no hole drillig... completly reversable :D

jooneth
16-11-2007, 09:13 PM
That's cheap. Do you have the link to the auction?

Sorry for the late reply.

Well the thing is, I missed out on the auction so I sent this guy an email if he had another one available. And it was lucky that he had the last one so he decided to sell it for the same price as it was sold in the earlier auction, which was $139 plus shipping was like $40.