PDA

View Full Version : FN2 Type R Power Up

amato2
09-10-2007, 11:25 PM
hey guys i am looking at buying a FN2 i really love the car despite what a lot of people say i think it a real unique car and there is nothing like this look wise and also sound wise i think.

anyways i am going for a test drive this weekend and cant wait, i really wana buy a Red one so will see how we go anyways.

I just wanted to know if there are any companies or dealers that have like a power up bolt on kit, IE intake cams headers tune. or something like that i mean i am a modder and if i bought that car it wouldnt stay stock for long, not that i am complaining of course LOL

anyways what you guys think about the power up any thoughts??

danno
09-10-2007, 11:38 PM
Good luck man, you'll love it =) Ignore the reviews and anyone else who hasn't driven one, and I'm sure you'll leave with a grin on your face!

amato2
10-10-2007, 12:07 AM
Yeah i know it already puts a grin on my face just by looking at it LOL...

But i would still like to know if there are any bolt on that you can buy in a package and get put on. If i get this car i am going all out LOL hope before summer holidays and then crusing it up and down on the nepean at rosebud... looking for some.. UM... people LOL

Chris_typer
10-10-2007, 12:14 AM
Yeah you'll love it....in regards to looking for mods. there is company called JTUNE, you can check there website out www.jtune.com.au, the owner also has a site called ww.hondatech.com.au and there are quite a few people in there which have already mod'd there FN2's, like LSD's and other stuff. The main package your prob looking for is what JTUNE is designing which is a whole headers, exhaust, intake, ecu package etc...check out the sites

yourfather
10-10-2007, 12:15 AM
Yeah i know it already puts a grin on my face just by looking at it LOL...

But i would still like to know if there are any bolt on that you can buy in a package and get put on. If i get this car i am going all out LOL hope before summer holidays and then crusing it up and down on the nepean at rosebud... looking for some.. UM... people LOL

say LOL any more in that paragraph and I will force that red Civic Type r up your ass.

I bet that will make you LOL.

p.s. dude that is advertising JTUNE - that stuff is for an Accord Euro

NOT an FN2

Chris_typer
10-10-2007, 12:20 AM
p.s. dude that is advertising JTUNE - that stuff is for an Accord Eurothat red Civic Type r up your ass.

NOT an FN2

yes i know that but if you actually read the hondatech forums there actually designing a package for the FN2...so in answer to your comment YES they are!

yourfather
10-10-2007, 12:23 AM
yes i know that but if you actually read the hondatech forums there actually designing a package for the FN2...so in answer to your comment YES they are!

Thankyou for your useful information,

As stated in my previous post, currently JTUNE only offer a package for the Accord Euro. They have been developing this "Accord Euro" package for quite a while.

I may wish to say that I am developing a cosmic laser ray beam that will make all women on the planet naked.

By the time I have developed such a laser ray beam, I am quite sure that the JTUNE FN2 package will be ready for installation.

Kindest regards,

Your dad

Chris_typer
10-10-2007, 12:25 AM
Thankyou for your useful information,

As stated in my previous post, currently JTUNE only offer a package for the Accord Euro. They have been developing this "Accord Euro" package for quite a while.

I may wish to say that I am developing a cosmic laser ray beam that will make all women on the planet naked.

By the time I have developed such a laser ray beam, I am quite sure that the JTUNE FN2 package will be ready for installation.

Kindest regards,

Your dad

Loll fnny cnt...they've finished the Accord Euro package already...there currently working on the FN2 package, and they recon it wont take as long, who knows...

yourfather
10-10-2007, 12:27 AM
Dude, with the amount of time it took to make the Accord Euro package, I am quite sure I will be a real life father before the FN2 sees upgrades

Chris_typer
10-10-2007, 12:30 AM
So true so true...I wasn't singling out JTune as the only source for mods, I was just saying at the moment the only people in Australia which are actually officially designing mods for the FN2 are JTune. Hopefully in the near future we will see some other people begin designing mods.

|N|
10-10-2007, 12:30 AM
say LOL any more in that paragraph and I will force that red Civic Type r up your ass.

I bet that will make you LOL.

p.s. dude that is advertising JTUNE - that stuff is for an Accord Euro

NOT an FN2

LOL .. sorry to spam this... but i cant stop LOLing ...

luke u funny kient

lukits01
10-10-2007, 12:52 AM
Well there is a company that makes everything you can possibly think off for FN2. But the phrase "More than you can afford pall" comes to mind. (especially because they are italian hehe)
http://www.jasmotorsport.com/civicTypeRGr.htm
http://www.jasmotorsport.com/CIVIC%202007%20PARTS%20LIST%201.03.07.xls

There's only one item in there that you really need:
GEARBOX 6 SPEEDS SEQUENTIAL JAS 10,800.00 Euros!

57UDD
10-10-2007, 01:02 AM
i talked to some of the guys at 999 automotive here in brissie and they've only said they got top fuel air intake, not too sure but thats what they said to me.

i'm waiting for the jtune package, or seeing if this import guy in brisbane can live up to his words and get the FD2R, we'll see in a couple of weeks.

amato2
10-10-2007, 08:19 AM
well i just wana add another LOL...... to the thread.

Cool info guys i cant wait till saturday to test drive it, Jtune look like a good place to go they have pretty much everything i wana get anyways cant wait till they make a system for the FN2, hopefully soon. still are there any other more popular places like Skunk2, toda etc.. that make anything.

Oh and i just wana add another LOL!!!!

tseesinngwailo
10-10-2007, 08:47 AM
Can I please put myself on the waiting list for the Cosmic Laser Beam that makes all women naked??? and whats the approx cost? LOL!!!!

amato2
10-10-2007, 08:53 AM
Just another LOL!!!!!!!!! LOL LOL LOL

actually how bout we try LMAO

Philip Lee
10-10-2007, 09:16 AM
i think they're intakes and exhaust available at UK but i'd personally wait a little bit longer to see what's available. afterall the car was only released in Mar07 in UK.

Zdster
10-10-2007, 09:20 AM
Cool info guys i cant wait till saturday to test drive it, Jtune look like a good place to go they have pretty much everything i wana get anyways cant wait till they make a system for the FN2, hopefully soon. still are there any other more popular places like Skunk2, toda etc.. that make anything.

I wouldnt have thought that (m)any of the US based companies would be making mods for the FN2 due to the lack of availability in the market.

Might be worth investigating if any of the parts for the US Si can be used on the FN2 as the US would have parts for that.

Can I please put myself on the waiting list for the Cosmic Laser Beam that makes all women naked??? and whats the approx cost? LOL!!!!

I have spoken to YourFather privately and he says that there will be a group buy for the product but only if you put your money down about 6 months before the product is released.

He also said that he was going to release the product two months ago but more R&D was needed. Then he told me last month that it would be available soon (as in last week) but still no word.
Update: I just got a PM from YourFather. The Cosmic Laser Beam will be available at the END OF THIS WEEK!!! I hope it does come out soon as this YourFather character keeps pushing off the release date and I really want this unknown product!!!

amato2
10-10-2007, 09:24 AM
do KnN make a typhoon intake yet for it, they seem to make intakes for everything else.

Another thing i was going to ask about is the standard sound system in car is it any good or does it need a major improvement. another question was about the Ipod adapter from honda is it pricey??? any good??

Chris_typer
10-10-2007, 10:49 AM
do KnN make a typhoon intake yet for it, they seem to make intakes for everything else.

Another thing i was going to ask about is the standard sound system in car is it any good or does it need a major improvement. another question was about the Ipod adapter from honda is it pricey??? any good??

Yeah nah the speakers are pretty good...the OEM Kenwoods from my knowledge so its not a neccesity to upgrade them. In regards to bass, the car lacks this so I actually got a Rockford and Fosgate 12" sub and R&G Amp..heres the thread
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72456

sitta
10-10-2007, 11:16 AM
dont get the ipod adapter from honda, you can get it easily for less than $200

The speakers are pretty good for standard system but not good enough for me... the sound starts to break when played loud. I have a soundstream amp, foval v2 speakers and a 12' kicker sub and thats how it should soud

aaronng
10-10-2007, 12:12 PM
If you want FN2 mods, don't look at Japan or Asia. You have to look to UK. They have parts there.

amato2
10-10-2007, 12:59 PM
Chris Type R love the install pics looking very very hot, did it cost much to get that installed i duno whether i would want a subby just a good quality amp and run also good quality speakers off that would be fine for me, any thoughts on sound system.

As for the power Chris after owning it for a while now what do you think of the FN2 is it like what the reviews say about it, another question do like people keep starring at it when your driving cuase there is nothing else that looks like that on the road. HAHA

Chris_typer
10-10-2007, 01:41 PM
Chris Type R love the install pics looking very very hot, did it cost much to get that installed i duno whether i would want a subby just a good quality amp and run also good quality speakers off that would be fine for me, any thoughts on sound system.

As for the power Chris after owning it for a while now what do you think of the FN2 is it like what the reviews say about it, another question do like people keep starring at it when your driving cuase there is nothing else that looks like that on the road. HAHA

Yeah does look pretty neat..cost me $900 total (sub, amp,custom box, labour)...yeh well wen i get a bit more money I'll be doing the speakers aswell.

Well I've read so many different reviews...the car is quick, I really enjoy driving it simply for the fact that its an all-round car..its got comfort,speed, looks, sounds good..all of that...in regards to people looking at it, chicks dig it hardd..doesnt matter where I am everytime I pull up at the lights people look at it and spin out..and your right there isnt anything out there that looks like it. Some people recon the GTi is better, personally I've driven both now and I'm sure after you test drive it you'll think the same..the CTR is like ten times more fun to drive.

Philip Lee
10-10-2007, 02:09 PM
i think the oem hu is a pansonic.

it's not easy to change HU apparently. as the factory facia is very expensive and not available locally. then if u wanna keep the clock on the display, u have to keep the factory HU somewhere. that's y i think an Ipod would be a better option if you want to store your files on a flash.

oh btw where do you guys get your ipod connector instead of the Honda option?

sitta
10-10-2007, 03:41 PM
search in ebay

Philip Lee
10-10-2007, 05:10 PM
so which one did you buy?

yourfather
10-10-2007, 06:16 PM
Hi, just in regards to the PM's that I've regarding my Cosmic Laser Beam.

It is in development, but im in need of extra funds. So I will be looking to float my company on the ASX to raise cash.

When the time is right, I will inform you all of my intention to float, and will issue a prospectus

amato2
10-10-2007, 08:12 PM
the laser beam sounds cool will you be making any retrofit products so i can put it on the front of the CTR :)

anyways i have been reading around a lot and i have come to another conclusion what is the different in parts between the EDM CTR and the JDM CTR they both have the same motor, is the tune different i know about the petrol but that surely cant make a 20KW difference.

Chris_typer
11-10-2007, 02:42 PM
Yeah well it can..because Japan have higher octane fuel so outta factory the cars can afford to be highly tuned..so yeh with a few other engine tweaks the car puts out an extra 20KW. I still personally prefer the EDM CTR looks better..although I wouldn't mind brembo's :P

Philip Lee
11-10-2007, 02:49 PM
i think there are many other detail changes between the K20A used in the FD2 and FN2. eg. intake port is different, FN2 has balance shaft and not on FD2 etc.

however the extra 20kw, i wonder how many will be left if FD2 is dynoed with 95ron fuel.

personally i'd take the LSD before the brembo....

aaronng
11-10-2007, 02:51 PM
the laser beam sounds cool will you be making any retrofit products so i can put it on the front of the CTR :)

anyways i have been reading around a lot and i have come to another conclusion what is the different in parts between the EDM CTR and the JDM CTR they both have the same motor, is the tune different i know about the petrol but that surely cant make a 20KW difference.

There are many difference in parts. Have a look here: http://asia.vtec.net/Engines/FD2K20AR/index.html

And I don't think the FN2R gets the same header as the FD2R:
http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/6038/fd2headerslx7.jpg

sitta
11-10-2007, 04:03 PM
http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/6038/fd2headerslx7.jpg

this is a work of art!!!

Chris_typer
11-10-2007, 07:16 PM
Thats a hectic link...it is a hardcore version of the CTR as all the JDM versions are but after the mods to the FN2, prob be just as good as the FD2

sitta
11-10-2007, 08:40 PM
I doubt the fn2 can be as good as the FD2 unless you spend heaps of money in it, y not buy the fd2 instead. It has more power, superb chasis and great handling

Chris_typer
11-10-2007, 10:14 PM
Can't see the value in importing one seriously..for 20KW's and slightly better handling..im happy with the CTR.

aaronng
12-10-2007, 11:04 AM
Can't see the value in importing one seriously..for 20KW's and slightly better handling..im happy with the CTR.

I'm waiting to see how much Honda Australia wants to bring it in at. In the UK, the FN2R has an equivalent RRP of about AU$40,000. In Japan, the FD2R has an RRP of AU$29,000! So it should be AU$10,000 cheaper than the FN2R if they stay at the same profit level. But, if they bring it in at the same price as the FN2R and make the AU$10,000 profit, I'd buy it as long as they keep everything intact. The engine runs on 97 RON fine like what Honda Japan engineers said in Malaysia, so it should run on our 98 and 100 RON with no problems.

Chris_typer
13-10-2007, 10:54 AM
Yeah thats fair enough, looks like a great car. Are they definately importing it? Atm I've just bought my CTR so I prob won't be selling it..besides I'm still on my P's so for the time being the Euro CTR is fast enough. Wouldnt mind stealing the Brembo's off the JDM CTR :P

aaronng
13-10-2007, 05:44 PM
The upside of the FN2R is that when someone sees an FD2R they will think it's a Civic ricer. When they see an FN2R, they know it's a CTR.

locote
13-10-2007, 06:20 PM
The upside of the FN2R is that when someone sees an FD2R they will think it's a Civic ricer. When they see an FN2R, they know it's a CTR.

Even better....
The look on their face after they get pawned will be priceless!!!

Kenshin3180
15-10-2007, 05:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JswCbQaNn4A

Chris_typer
15-10-2007, 07:07 PM
Nice video.