PDA

View Full Version : things to look out for when buying a dc2r?

Speeder
05-08-2004, 03:11 PM
what are the main things to look out for when purchasing a dc2r?? any major faults? leaks, seals? etc

thanks

JINRAI
05-08-2004, 03:31 PM
RED colour ones...hehe

Sp3rMz
05-08-2004, 08:49 PM
steer clear from red and black ones, yet if u want a faster dc2r buy the red one. "RED MAKES CAR GO FASTER"

BlakTegra
05-08-2004, 10:03 PM
YELLOW GOES EVEN FASTER!

Yellow = performance
Red = hot n shexy

00dc2
05-08-2004, 11:35 PM
all the normal things when checking a car...

make sure it has good service history. its the best thing.. if it has been properly serviced then its most probably ok.. (unless its been rebuilt from a bad accident)!!!

check that it steers straight (also when braking) as accident repair might have been bad..

there are lots of things you need to check on a car. typeR's are great cars so there isnt anything in particular that needs to be checked i dont think.

Iggy_Type_R
06-08-2004, 09:50 AM
Check the 2nd to 3rd gear shift. Many ITRs have weak 3rd gear synchros, and if they have not been fixed under warranty, it'll be your bill to pay.

I've had mine replaced twice under warranty!! But since the 2nd time, it's been a dream!

Speeder
07-08-2004, 11:30 AM
thanks for the replys!

EuroAccord13
08-08-2004, 02:43 PM
Check the painwork for overspray, generally a sign of the car having an accident before.

Best to have the seller start the car for u when it's cold, check to see if the engine vibrates alot when it starts and also for abnormal noises. Check for leaks on the engine block, reference the last service date and check the engine oil to see if it is consistant. check handbrake, use all the 6 gears in the car (including reverse) check the idle of the car during warming up and after.

Car steering abit to the left is normal, check the brakes, see if it shudders or screech.

Bounce each end of the car to test the suspension and shocks, it should stop after one bounce, if it doesn't, it's stuffed..

All these basics plus a few other bits...

My advice is if you are not sure what to look out for, get someone who is versed in mechanics to follow you...

Speeder
09-08-2004, 08:10 PM
yeah im getting a inspector from state roads if i find the right one. well its couple of hundred but better then buying a lemon :)

Sp3rMz
09-08-2004, 10:16 PM
i dont noe bout ova there in nsw but in melborune we can get a RACV inspector to cum and inspect the car...If the car gets the thumbs up from racv and the car then breaks down RACV will fix the car for free.....So if u guyz got somthing similar to that ova there it be worth the 100 or 150 bucks....

SoundStreamer
09-08-2004, 11:54 PM
yes you can get nrma inspections in nsw....they are about the $150ish...they give you a report....but i have never heard that if you do end up finding something wrong with the car they will fix it for free.

maybe its only in melb?

TeMp
10-08-2004, 12:12 PM
Also check the recaros thoroughly. From my experience of looking at dc2rs, they often have holes in them. :(

Sp3rMz
11-08-2004, 12:09 AM
i dont mean they will fix it if the cars busted...wat i meant was if the car passes teh RACV inspection and u get RACV approved certificate then teh car breaks down becoz they missed a problem in the inspection then they will fix for free for u.....thats after bein granted the certificate but if u screw ur car up obviosuli they aint gonna pay shit..