PDA

View Full Version : Honda Blue tooth system

pilotb777_300
11-10-2007, 09:49 AM
Has anyone here had any experience with that new bluetooth handsfree set that honda now has available for the euro ? it sits up on the A pillar I think and is connected to the cars audio system.
I just called honda.. they quoted me $750 for the unit supplied and fitted. a bit expensive I think.. but it is a nice clean install. Looks pretty much factory standard. What u guys reckon ?

traumatized
11-10-2007, 10:22 AM
Yes it does look clean, i like where it sits on the A pillar, but concern if its an attraction to theives.

I just use a Bluetooth unit (BlueAnt to be exact) that is clipped onto my sun visor which i'm able to take off and hide if i need to and also i can take it to other cars so if i sell my car i can just move it. Battery life on the unit is great, the speaker is pretty good also. It's easy to connect to the phone where you just flip the mic lever down and it connects to the phone

Best of all its a fraction of the price of the Honda BlueTooth option.

also from looking at the unit some disadvantages that i would see in the unit is that see it is hooked up to your speakers which would probably mean it mutes your music as you receive a call, so if you have passenagers they will hear your entire conversation.

from looking at the the picture of the unit i don't see a headphone jack to enable you to have a private conversation while having passenagers in your car also.

afnorton
26-10-2007, 11:47 PM
I picked up a Honda Bluetooth kit today and installed it myself.
Came with easy instructions, and best of all, they stuffed up the quote and I got it for $454

Tip: You don't have to remove the stereo, I was able to reach the plug from underneath after removing the storage pocket below.
Took 2 hours.

Works great, It can store up to three different phones.

E_Honda
30-10-2007, 06:52 PM
Theres an awesome new Bluetooth handsfree unit to be released soon, the motorola T505 which attaches/detaches to your sun visor like a lot of others.

But the main feature of this BT kit i'm hanging for is the fact it can handle stereo BT music coming from one direction and play it through your car stereo. It will scan for available FM stations in your cars stereo and tell you the station frequency through voice instructions. Then you simply tune that station and it will transmit the bluetooth signal through your car speakers.
The mic picks up your voice from the sun visor but the callers voice is heard through the stereo speakers in your car.

I'm curious to see whether the sound quality is decent but i guess i gotta wait till its out to have a listen.