PDA

View Full Version : Fixed up!!

SiR JDM
05-08-2004, 05:47 PM
ey everyone... jus got my Breeze back yday...
for those who dunno ive done the breeze > b16a conversion
http://ozhonda.com/viewtopic.php?t=8498

Had a few problems ... the conversion was done 1/2 assed and needed a few things like ECU rewiring, map sensor added and a few other things..
Full credit to adrian at razztech, fixed everything... was honest, genuinly cared for my problems and fixed them all at a very reasonable price and now its running pretty sweet i must say...

Honestly if any of you guys are in melb, no matter where in melb its worth the trip to Adrian.. i drove 60kms just to get there... but it was well worth it.. he picked up and fixed stuff within seconds of looking at my car, where as a mechanic i took it too didn't even know there was a problem after having my car on hoist for hours... he comes 100% recommended from me and im positive im not alone..

The car is running very nice and is tekking VERY hard (and loud :P) and its a realll fun car to drive atm.. Today was driving home from uni (monash clayton - so if u go there n see my breazt there make sure no one stealin it :p) and pulled up with at the lights with an s15 on my left and a sti on my right... they were both goin at it.. n i felt like i owed it to you guys to represent the Hondas!! so i suprised them both greatly seeing a lil white breeze hatch barking at them :P.. the s15 couldn't get traction.. it was fun..

Anyway... now everything major seems to be fixed for the time being, som minor things i forgot to ask Adrian at razztech bout hopeing some of u guys could help with...

1- My windscreen whipers have a slight problem.
Int doesn't work
Fast and Super fast work... BUT when i turn it off.. it just switches off at watever position the whipers are at when i turn it off... I heard theres a whiper control unit or something? Are these expensive/hard to install?

2- When the drivers door is open, the light doesn't come on inside the car, but it works for the passanger side? Any ideas guys :S?

3- My hatch boot needs regassing, it doesn't stay up... Can u get this regassed anywhere? or only specific honda places? Is it expensive? (its not really urgent)

4- Fuel consumption - Ive heard most people get about 400kms city driving in b16as is this about right? At the moment its gone a bit over 1/4 and ive only got 90km from the tank.. Im not sure weather i should trust the needle.... also ive got headers and pod.. and ive been redlining a fair bit.. so is this a pretty normal consumption rate?

5- Got breaks overhauled as well straight after the conversion and the guys at ultratune put my wheel on wrong... when the wheels are straight my honda H on the steeringwheel looks like a ‡ .. went back there today and they said we can only change it if u get wheel allignment and i dont need one at the moment! How can u take the wheel off to straighten it up?

thanx guys!! =)

Weq
05-08-2004, 05:53 PM
dont rust the honda needle. Wait till the fuel light comes on, and u got like 60-80km's left in the tank. For the door light, u will have to take a muilt-meter the toggle switch on the door frame. either its not getting power (wiring poblem) or the switch itself is gone. Regassing wise, u can get 2nd hand struts from wreakers, or get them regassed. im not sure about price differences - ring around!

ATSE
05-08-2004, 06:04 PM
Good to hear your car is running well!

With the interior dome light turning on when only the passenger side door is open.. there is a switch on the b-pillar which is covered by rubber, which is on both sides. When the swtich is depressed(door open), the dome light should come on... when it is down (door closed) the dome light should turn off. So unscrew it and check out the wiring there.

Also with fuel consumption... around 400-430km is what I get in my B16A2. I know for a fact that the EG fuel meter is very inaccurate and goes up n down alot. Just reset your trip meter next time you fill up and try drive normally to get a good idea of your consumption.

toE
05-08-2004, 08:39 PM
Cant wait to see it in the flesh James. :)

tinkerbell
05-08-2004, 10:56 PM
1- My windscreen whipers have a slight problem.
Int doesn't work

-COULD BE WIPER RELAY BROKEN, IT IS UNDER THE DASH (SOMEWHERE...)

2- When the drivers door is open, the light doesn't come on inside the car, but it works for the passanger side? Any ideas guys :S?

JUST LOOK AT THE SWITCH - MIGHT JUST NEED SOME WD40? IT IS THE BLACK AND SILVER SLIDER ON THE DOOR PILLAR...

3- My hatch boot needs regassing, it doesn't stay up... Can u get this regassed anywhere? or only specific honda places? Is it expensive? (its not really urgent)

MIGHT BE CHEAPER TO GET NEW STRUTS, BUT CAN BE RE-BUILT - DUNNO WHAT COST THOUGH

4- Fuel consumption - Ive heard most people get about 400kms city driving in b16as is this about right? At the moment its gone a bit over 1/4 and ive only got 90km from the tank.. Im not sure weather i should trust the needle.... also ive got headers and pod.. and ive been redlining a fair bit.. so is this a pretty normal consumption rate?

HMMM, MIGHT BE RUNNING IN "OPEN LOOP" CHECK THE ecu FOR ANY CODES, IT MIGHT BE S DUD OXYGEN SENSOR? JUST GO THROUGH A WHOLE TANK AND TEHN YOU WILL KNOW :)

5- Got breaks overhauled as well straight after the conversion and the guys at ultratune put my wheel on wrong... when the wheels are straight my honda H on the steeringwheel looks like a ‡ .. went back there today and they said we can only change it if u get wheel allignment and i dont need one at the moment! How can u take the wheel off to straighten it up?

YOU CAN TAKE THE STEERING WHEEL OFF, NEED A 19MM SOCKET (USUALLY ON A 4-WAY WHEEL BRACE) TEHN JUST RE-ALIGN IT TO YOUR SATISFACTION... EASY!

thanx guys!! =)

NO PROBLEM ;)

micka
06-08-2004, 01:49 AM

which 1/4 is it? if it's the top quarter i'd be a little concerned (be it gauge, useage, etc) . my car (eg gli) as well as pretty much any car i've driven the top half lasts a lot longer than the bottom half. ie when i've got a full tank it doesn't move from full til i've done about 140kms, when the needle's at half its done about 330km, needle empty about 440km. still about 5 litres in car.

my car might just be weird, but it does seem to be the case in all cars i've driven.

SiR JDM
06-08-2004, 10:33 AM
Thx alot tinkerbell, ill look into the things u said..
I have a 4 wheel brace, i just dont know how to get to the socket to take off the wheel? Is there screws or a lever.. clip anything?

Well it was filled up to a bit under 1/2 and when i posted it was a bit above empty
estimatly 1/4 of a tank...

I filled up last nite and since have done about 50kms and bout 1/4 is reading to be gone ... im gonna try n run down a full tank n see how it goes then

thx alot again

Oh another stupid one, wats the best setting for diimisting in a EG (assumin not using aircon)

Circulate air? Draw air from outside? 100% cold + demister?
Just last nite was pretty horrible in the cold conditions

Weq
06-08-2004, 12:59 PM
i use air from outside + (feet + window(dimister)) on fully hot and lv1+.

tinkerbell
06-08-2004, 01:09 PM
Thx alot tinkerbell, ill look into the things u said..
I have a 4 wheel brace, i just dont know how to get to the socket to take off the wheel? Is there screws or a lever.. clip anything?

OK, just to confirm - you need to remove the little H cap on the s.wheel and under that you will find the 19mm nut that attaches the s.wheel to the hub...

i use a very small jewelers screwdriver with a bit of electriacla tape over teh tip to reduce the chance of a slip causeing the screwdriver to gouge the surface of the steering wheel...

once you remove the 19mm nut, there is a splined shaft that the wheel goes on and this is how you adjust the angle. by lifting hte s.wheel off and rotatinging it...

dunno why Ultragoons couldnt have done this???

just make sure your tyres are dead straight bfore you make the adjustment (it might take a few goes to get it perfect...)

g.luck :)

SiR JDM
07-08-2004, 01:53 AM
Ohhk.. cool thanx alot ill give it a go hopefully tommorow...

Also my clock near the clusters jus turned off recently (i think somethin happened when i tried to install my deck >_< )

Would this be a fuse problem?

btw thx for the info weq... il try it out :)
Do u guys get the occasional leaf thro ur vents? or am i running thro too many bush's? :P?

BlacKEGPedroew
07-08-2004, 10:23 AM
how much did the entire conversion cost? not including the cost of the half cut?

[[d a n n y]]
07-08-2004, 11:24 AM
finally james took u a while :D

SiR JDM
07-08-2004, 03:13 PM
BlacKEGPedroew: For conversion 3k including parts and labour..
Parts meaning, no manifold (and no o2 sensor), no intake, no radiator (which i had to source myself after conversion) and wiring up the ECU wrong..

It was cheap but was a head**** to get up n working properly... as danny said *took me awhile* lol

SIKCVC
08-08-2004, 11:23 PM
a lot easier to start with a Si base...

still your car should hammer being nice and light weight!!!

SiR JDM
10-08-2004, 09:38 PM
a lot easier to start with a Si base...

yea i totally agree... to anyone thinkin about doin a b16a conversion vti/si is a nice base if u got the money.. no carbi conversion hassle, no disc conversion hassle.. u get power mirrors, windows, central locking.. etcetc can go on forver.. but if ur like me n dun have the money .. the breeze is a nice light base tho as you said...

does anyone know exactly how much the breeze weighs compared to GL, Gli, Si, Vti Egs?

Jai-VTi
10-08-2004, 09:54 PM
how much you pay for your half-cut?where from?

I was thinkin of turboing my EG vti..but 3G for a B16A conversion aint bad at all....

Congrats mate! :P

SiR JDM
10-08-2004, 10:19 PM
the conversion cost me 3k .. which after talkin to people who have done the same conversion is virtually 1/2 price.. and i relaised afterwards why it was so cheap

It wasn't a 1/2 cut, it was like all the parts chipped in a crate from japan..various parts wernt there... the labour was done shockingly... the ECU was wired up all wrong.. hence the title and reason of this topic to share with everyone how happy i am that i finally got it fixed up! :P..

it was done at a dodgy mechanic in clayon here in melb, im not goin to tell anyone who he is/contact details because i dont want him to rip anyone else off

I highly recommend sourcing your own 1/2 cut.. make sure all the parts are there and everythin is in good condition and use it all in ur conversion..Uve got a VTi its a very good base to start with... 1/2 cuts range from 2-3k depending where and condition of the engine block etc... but its very worth it! If your goin to do it yourself grab a nice 1/2 cut n head at it and use all the parts ...instead of the bits ur missing grabbing aftermarket (like my extractors and filter) or sourcing OEM in that case ebay is ur friend :D

if u want ne more info add me on msn jamezk2k@hotmail.com im on a fair bit n ill help u out best i can =)