PDA

View Full Version : changing the euro chrome window trim to black?

ig3o
12-10-2007, 07:21 PM
has anyone changed the euro chrome window rim to black? if you hav.. can u let me know..

- where i can buy the black trim?
- does the euro SPORT trim fit on a 04 model euro?
- was it hard 2 put it on?
- how much did it cost?

thanks =)

stephen8512
12-10-2007, 07:26 PM
i know a few TSX owners have bought black duct-tape like material to cover the chrome

- the duct tape stuff can be bought from bunnings i guess....but if ur after the replacements, honda australia should have them as the SPORT model came with black mouldings and not chrome....

- the only thing cosmetically changed from the SPORT and the 04 model is the bodykit, grille, front/rear lights and the chrome mouldings as well as the chrome door handles (on the sport, they are matt chrome). THe shape of the car is the same so if the black mouldings from a SPORT can be purchased separately then it should fit

- could be difficult applying it if u have the replacement since u would have to pry off the chrome mouldings then put the new ones on.

- dont know about cost but expect it to be a bit $$$ since its honda genuine parts (assuming they have them in stock and they sell them)

ZamueL
13-10-2007, 09:34 AM
I would not recommend duct tape as it will shrink very fast in the sun and the tack on the back will be very hard to get off. I would go to a sign writer and by some black cast vinyl. Make sure it is cast. and use that. I can be heated and conformed with a hair dryer and easily removed by heating and peeling it off.
the vinyl is rated at 7 years outdoors but I would also recommend changing it every year or 2 so that it does not get baked to your car.

ig3o
19-03-2008, 02:11 AM
i asked about the euro sport black window trim @ peter warren warrick farm.. and guess how much??

$750! for the set! lol..

xntrik
19-03-2008, 02:13 AM
^
spray paint. $10.

get the picture? LOL

tony1234
19-03-2008, 05:37 AM
i asked about the euro sport black window trim @ peter warren warrick farm.. and guess how much??

$750! for the set! lol..

What a joke!!Who would pay that!

Mike Star
19-03-2008, 07:51 AM
What a joke!!Who would pay that!

I talk to some guys in the US and they paid $600 USD to change it and I didn't think that was worth it either. There is Chrome black out tape available that is auto quality and is very thin and I know some of the US guys have also used that. I think unless it looks perfect it would just spoil the car and make it look tacky.
Cheers