PDA

View Full Version : turbo help

jasonb
14-10-2007, 01:46 PM
hi guys i need some help ,,im thinking of putting a turbo on my baja but its only a 1200 ,no i dont want too just put in a different motor ,i want to set it up old school style and was wondering what ide have too do basically ,like brake upgrade ,and stuff ,,,,,i dont know much about it so any help would be greatly appreciated ,,,,,thanx jasonb:wave:

p.s. i know this is a honda site but the buggy sites just tell me to upgrade to a bigger motor and i dont want too do that ,,,,,,,,

blk_shadow
14-10-2007, 03:10 PM
it depends on how much psi you want to run.
you might want to change the internals.

brake upgrade is for sure, and the usual like intercooler, bov, dump pipe, exhaust system upgrade, oil catch can, fuel rail, fuel reg, and maybe even fuel pump.

jasonb
14-10-2007, 04:48 PM
hi blk shadow ,i didnt want to run a intercooler ,i want to run it old school style not with all the other junk ,i realise it would run better but it will look sh@thouse with it all showing,its gona be regod too ,i should of said that before ,,,,thanx jasonb

aaronng
14-10-2007, 04:55 PM
Without an intercooler, the intake temperature will be higher and you'll make lower power at the same boost pressure. Make sure that your injectors and fuel pressure are sufficient to supply the additional fuel for the extra air. Also check up on ECU options (unless it is a carby)

jasonb
14-10-2007, 05:10 PM
thanx aarong ,yeah its a plain jane 1200 vw motor with a carby ,i didnt know whether to set it up suck or blow through style ,its all air cooled and open at the back so it should get cooler air without the need for an intercooler,there will be no need for ecu or injectors ,no offence but ide just go and buy a suby wrx donk and throw that in if i wanted all the other gear ,I JUST WANT IT OLD SCHOOL STYLE ,

yourfather
14-10-2007, 05:19 PM
carby turbo's are a nightmare dude

aaronng
14-10-2007, 06:31 PM
Carby's put out more fuel with more airflow. But they don't put out more fuel with air flowing at the same speed but higher pressure. That's the problem.

Even if it is open at the back, the compressed air gets hotter. But that is not important for now, you have to worry about getting the extra fuel into the intake charge first.

jasonb
14-10-2007, 09:26 PM
oh ok ,,,so it would be better to go all the way ,as in what they do these day s,,,thanx guys