PDA

View Full Version : Accord 07 - subby

longers
14-10-2007, 05:06 PM
g'day guys...i was just wondering if its possible to install a sub into my 2007 accord. i don't intend on getting a new head-unit so i was just wondering is there a way where i can connect it (via and amp) into the stock head unit?
and does anyone have a pic of the back of a 05-07 accord factory head unit? if so can you please post? cheers:D

lilwilliam
14-10-2007, 11:35 PM
g'day guys...i was just wondering if its possible to install a sub into my 2007 accord. i don't intend on getting a new head-unit so i was just wondering is there a way where i can connect it (via and amp) into the stock head unit?
and does anyone have a pic of the back of a 05-07 accord factory head unit? if so can you please post? cheers:D

ive created a thread about this already try a search function next time to see if the topics you require have already been covered. :thumbsup:
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70698

longers
15-10-2007, 10:13 AM
hahha thanks dude
i spent the whole sunday looking for any info on ozhonda.
probably not searching the right key words...thanks mate
did you eventually get it working?

EuroDude
15-10-2007, 06:42 PM
umm since u have two threads (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76784), I'll post here too lolz

If you want a Sub only, you will lose the rear speakers. The Honda HeadUnit doesnt have RCA outputs. So you need to use the speaker wires that go into the rear speakers/

What you want is a 3 channel Amp (or a 4 channel with 2 of the channels bridged to the Sub).

Have a look at the Audison SRx3 (3 channels). It can power decent 6x9's and a Sub with ease, and has High Level Inputs so you dont need to use a LOC (Line Output Converter). LOC's can degrade the sound quality and introduce noise. I tested a Stinger SALOC in my Euro and it degraded the sound significantly, and introduced pops and alternator noise, and the bass distorted very easily when the HU volume was high.

Installation:
*Install the Amp and power it straight from the battery, put the fuse as close to the battery as possible, and ground it to the chassis in the boot.
*The power cable can route from the battery into the cabin via the existing cable grommit in the middle-passenger side of the firewall, then under the carpet on the passenger side and into the boot. Dont route the power cable on the driver side since thats where the stock rear speaker wires are routed.
*Find a 12v accessory power source (the ciggy lighter or the accessory power plug in the armrest console), and plug it into the Amp's Remote-In.
*Detach the Rear speaker wires, and re-route them into the Amp's high level inputs (or use a LOC if your Amp only takes RCA inputs).
*Install new 6x9's and connect them to 2 channels on the Amp.
*Install the Sub and connect it to 2 bridged channels or 1 internally bridged channel.
*Turn the HU volume up to 35 and slowly increase the 6x9's Gain on the Amp until it distorts the 6x9's, then do the same for the Sub Gain