PDA

View Full Version : My new CRX bolt on's Stanthorpe added (two video's added 25/11/07)

intacivic16v
14-10-2007, 07:23 PM
Hey guys I’ve been meaning to write this one in for a little while, but until today i haven't been able to really test them out.

A few months ago i purchased a new 1.5 way Cusco LSD and a set of JIC coilovers from High power racing in Brisbane. I haven't had the chance to give it all a go on the track until today. Today was the final round of the Grafton Hillclimb 2007 series. My car runs in the improved production road registered class 1300-1600cc. At state level they open that class to basically full race cars. the current record is 53.07sec, my personal best with my 1988 Honda crx (1.6 vtec and microtec computer) was 54.98 (so I had a little room for improvement). today my first run with a cold dusty track (also with the help of my new Kuhmo 700 semi's) was 53.9, which i was over the moon about. By the end of the day I had unofficially broken the Aust record for my class 3 times and ended up with a 52.49. Now I just need to be able to repeat that next year when the state round is held there again.
A mate of mine with a very quick WRX (who also unofficially broke the Aust record for his class) and I also got some in car video footage, so hopefully we will be able to post up a link for it in the near future.

I would also like to give a big thank you to Ivan at High power racing for convincing me to purchase the diff and coilovers. Cheers Ivan.

Guy i have added the video to youtube, Hopefully it worked. The only run that ended up working on the camera was the second run of the day, which was a 53.02
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXsp-n9cYik

as you can see in the video the new 1990 integra b18 gear box has very tall gears, so i think i will be trying to swap the lsd over into my close ratio CRX box as soon as i can. I'll see how it goes at Stanthorpe this weekend on a longer track.

Stanthorpe 27th 28th Oct
Just got back from the weekend at Stanthorpe the rain held off until we just finished and it was hot most of the weekend. The weekend ended up being quite buzy. I think there ended up being around 120-130 cars entered, which reduced us to 5 runs. 3 on day one and 2 on sunday. This was only the second time i have been at the track. Improvements on the car compared to the first time are the same as above (new lsd, new coilovers, new gear ratio's and new tyres).
Ok now here's the stuff you probably want to hear:
Stanthorpe is only a small track approx 39sec (previous best) for me to do a lap. The each run consists of a 4 lap run standing start, no warm up lap
Best time first visit approx 2:42:
Best time with old tyres(same tyres as last time) this meeting approx 2:39:
Best time with new tyres this meeting approx 2:35: (i think, i still havn't got the times for the 5th run yet)

therefore the new diff and coilovers gave me just under a second a lap approx, and the new tyres gave me approx 1 sec a lap. I ended up coming 3rd in the under 1600 improved production class out of about 10-12 cars, however my car is the only one which was not a fully striped out race car, so i was extemely happy with that. Thanks again to Ivan at High power Racing, and everyone else that has given me advise with the LSD over the last 6 months. Fingers crossed i will have a video up this week sometime.

Guys i finally added the stanthorpe video's.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvujHKuc4ng this video is of the first time i went to stanthorpe. the car had the vtec engine and the microtec computer, the LSD and the Coilovers had not been put on, this was the last time i raced it with out the new bits.

This is a old video i found of the first Honda i raced at grafton, it was a JDM imported 1986 Si civic, which came out with a 1600 twin cam, 4 wheel disc's, i was only using road tyres then though. I think this was the first year i was even racing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEt1KpKhCOA

Hodgy
14-10-2007, 09:04 PM
Congratulations. great work!

Do you have some pics of your new car setup?

intacivic16v
15-10-2007, 06:01 PM
cheers man not at the moment, we are trying to get this in car footage off the camera, but we kind of broke it half way through the day hehehe didn't like the heat and all the vibrations..

Congratulations. great work!

Do you have some pics of your new car setup?

smomo
15-10-2007, 08:28 PM
Very nice work! Can't wait to see the video if you can get it.

Any other suspension work done to the car, swaybars etc?

intacivic16v
16-10-2007, 06:29 PM
I've got a rear strut brace but i didn't use it this time because its to hilly. i didn't want to harden up the rear end to much.
I ended up setting the front coilovers to one of the hardest settings, and setting the back to the softest setting to avoid the rear end sliding out on me.

The first run i did with the new set up i had the front to soft and i ended up lifting a rear wheel, and nearly spinning it round. With the front end hardened up it stopped the rear lifting. which encouraged a little understeer, but with the LSD gripping the inside wheel it was pulling me out of the corners fine.

The car needs more refinement with swaybars, bush's and stut braces. But i'll slowly play around with that before next year.

Oh by the way i will be racing at Stanthorpe on the 27th and 28th at Carnell raceway if anyone wants to come out for a look. Its a great weekend, they have sprint envent (which i will be in) and circuit racing as well, its a great mix for the spectators.

Very nice work! Can't wait to see the video if you can get it.

Any other suspension work done to the car, swaybars etc?

ONE600
17-10-2007, 01:46 PM
Nice to hear you did well :thumbsup:

intacivic16v
18-10-2007, 08:24 AM
thanks heaps man, the parts i got from Ivan were unreal. And its the first time i have had decent semi's. That made such a huge difference. Now i just need to get this B16B head on hehehe. So i may need to get some more little bits and pieces from Ivan in the next month. Whan do you guys race again?

Nice to hear you did well :thumbsup:

intacivic16v
23-10-2007, 07:03 PM
video added

CRXer
23-10-2007, 07:40 PM
Nice run,looks like fun,that LSD seems to be launching & pulling thru corners well.

e240
23-10-2007, 07:40 PM
Great Stuff!!!

intacivic16v
24-10-2007, 05:45 PM
Yeah its a great track nice and tight. I've been racing there for about 6 years now with other cars. I wish i had the footage of the last run of the day, that would have looked heaps better, it was alot quicker and smoother. The other gear box was so much better for grafton, with this gear box i was hitting 8500rpm just before the last corner, and with the other gear box i was about 7000-7500 in third or so. I'll see how it goes this weekend at Stanthorpe, and decide which way i will go with the gear box's. I'll try to get some footage of stanthorpe up next week some time. Cheers mate

Nice run,looks like fun,that LSD seems to be launching & pulling thru corners well.

SINISTR
24-10-2007, 05:57 PM
Well done mate ... just saw the vid ... it rocks!

intacivic16v
24-10-2007, 06:41 PM
Thanks man, have a look at my mates WRX run at grafton, thats on youtube. very very fast

Well done mate ... just saw the vid ... it rocks!

dsp26
24-10-2007, 06:48 PM
handling looks good... and driving too :thumbsup:

pity the vid quality is a bit "meh"... or is that a youtube thing?

very tight track indeed, where is it?

kraiye
24-10-2007, 06:54 PM
very nice mate, congrats on the records :thumbsup:
don;t suppose this is your mate by any chance (dam utube, u go there to check one thing and before you know it an hour's gone)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2LrT2L5LKU

intacivic16v
24-10-2007, 06:56 PM
Thanks man, yeah the vid quality is i bit shitty hey, if you look at the WRX from Grafton, that was the same camera and the same day. the only difference is that i have it attached to my pasenger seat (thats why it is vibrating heaps) and he has it attached to his roll cage.

Grafton is about 4-5 hours south of Brisbane.

handling looks good... and driving too :thumbsup:

pity the vid quality is a bit "meh"... or is that a youtube thing?

very tight track indeed, where is it?

intacivic16v
24-10-2007, 06:58 PM
Thanks man, yeah that is my mates one. I love that car hehe

very nice mate, congrats on the records :thumbsup:
don;t suppose this is your mate by any chance (dam utube, u go there to check one thing and before you know it an hour's gone)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2LrT2L5LKU

Hodgy
24-10-2007, 10:43 PM
Nice Video. Thanks for sharing that with us

intacivic16v
29-10-2007, 10:40 AM
Stanthorpe added

thebob
01-11-2007, 09:46 PM
Good work mate, i only heard the other day that stanthorpe had a track, i think that place will be on the cards when im ready. Very well done on the times! You need to try QR now

intacivic16v
03-11-2007, 06:44 PM
Yeah Stanthorpe is a great little track, quite technical and hard on tyres. the video i took is taking a little while to get sused out, dam computers hehe, but have a look at my mate WRX run the, just go to his Grafton one and click on his profile to find the other one.
Yeah i have been keen to get up to QR to have a run, but the track lay out has put me off a little. My car gets really skaty over 140km/h hehe, so when i get that sussed out i will try and get up there.

How often do you get up to QR??

Good work mate, i only heard the other day that stanthorpe had a track, i think that place will be on the cards when im ready. Very well done on the times! You need to try QR now

nigs
03-11-2007, 07:02 PM
Ohhh yer!
Looks like a awesome hill climb.
Good work.

What are the spring rates for the JIC's?
What did you run before the JIC's?

intacivic16v
04-11-2007, 05:37 PM
Yeah its a great track down there at grafton, pitty its in the middle of no where hehe.

So far i havn't been playing around with the spring rates at all, they are just the standard springs that came with they, sorry i can't even remember what they were. I've only been fiddleing with the damper and ride height. Before the coilovers i was using Koni red struts and king springs (which i am trying to sell at the moment if you know anyone that is interested)

Ohhh yer!
Looks like a awesome hill climb.
Good work.

What are the spring rates for the JIC's?
What did you run before the JIC's?

intacivic16v
26-11-2007, 06:49 PM
two more video's added, one of stanthorpe and one of an old grafton run from 2002 (different car) links on front page