PDA

View Full Version : Selling Stuff

scollops
15-10-2007, 05:24 PM
Would like to sell some gear but I cant some getting, welcome to Ozhonda. In order to gain "Member" status and earn the right to sell items in the Marketplace you need to be registered for atleast 90 days and have a minimum of 1 Post Quality (PQ) point. More information on the PQ points system can be found here. Once you gain Member status this message will disappear. Enjoy your stay here on Ozhonda!

How do I check how long I was here ??

AsH_
15-10-2007, 05:47 PM
u signed up in Aug '07... so just 1 more month to go...

PQ points... need to post some helpful or informative comments and you its uo to the reader whether that post deserves a PQ point... no spam doesnt count...

bennjamin
16-10-2007, 10:17 AM
you havent attained a +1 rep point from anyone.

Get out there and try to help , and be a member rather than join here just to sell something.

dsp26
16-10-2007, 07:33 PM
you havent attained a +1 rep point from anyone.

Get out there and try to help , and be a member rather than join here just to sell something.

good point... wasn't that the point of the system... there just seem to be a few too many people like the thread starter no offence to him... but the intention seems quite clear.

scollops
17-10-2007, 09:07 AM
Quote ....The intention seems clear......

Ok so your branded for asking a simple question about selling, as also noted I havent been with the forum long, and yes I have posted. I have a Honda Civic 2007 its new I cant provide any advice yet. Although I do add details about the ongoing 3rd gear issue and Honda Australia, and also brake advice. Were not all out there just after selling - thats why I use ebay.

Move on......

bennjamin
17-10-2007, 09:19 AM
Your point in this thread is clear ~

Would like to sell some gear but I cant

You have been here for a very short time and have only 5 posts to your name , so keep on using ebay to sell.

scollops
17-10-2007, 08:13 PM
Bennjamin - noted and will do. I guess I assumed wrongly or rightly a Honda forum in Australia would be interested in sharing issues/information on the new civic and the odd part - which is very expensive from the dealer.

But agree move on closed thread.

johnprocter
18-10-2007, 06:28 PM
lol why are you giving this guy such a hard time he was only wondering why he couldn't sell anything yet and you all just assume he is on here just to sell.. and whats the problem with that anyway? maybe his providing cheap stuff for us honda owners instead of us spending 3 times as much at a dealer ship or somewhere else. after all he isnt the one with a big sale sign in his signature.

wynode
18-10-2007, 09:54 PM
lol why are you giving this guy such a hard time he was only wondering why he couldn't sell anything yet and you all just assume he is on here just to sell.. and whats the problem with that anyway? maybe his providing cheap stuff for us honda owners instead of us spending 3 times as much at a dealer ship or somewhere else. after all he isnt the one with a big sale sign in his signature.
It's just very frustrating because we've made it VERY clear. For example when a new user logs into the forums at the very top of the forum index page it says this in red font.

How more obvious can we make it?

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/5928/newrs9.jpg

dsp26
19-10-2007, 11:37 AM

You've missed the point if this is the only public automotive forum your on... a lot of responsible car forums have a similar rule to protect "members" from people who just sign up to sell, get the money and never ship the item and there have been cases here i've noticed 'by accident' with memebrs mentioning it or having it in their sig. And what happens is they'll have a sook to the mods who have no control of the transaction but get blamed for it at the end of the day because they "moderate" these forums.... it's a very reasonable rule i'm sure you can appreciate that.

not saying scollops is like that but at the end of the day, none of us here know him.. he hasn't been here that long, he's made 5 posts, no PQ/Trade rating

Q_ball
19-10-2007, 11:40 AM
Here here - nicely put :)

dc2dc2dc2
19-10-2007, 11:50 AM
Just a quick question
Say someone has been a newcomer for a year
they do not know much about cars and basically come online just to read up to help themselves but don't give out much advice
Would u guys consider making them a member ? Or would they require a PQ no matter the circumstances.

bennjamin
19-10-2007, 11:58 AM
Under no circumstance , no. What does it change making them a member ?Its fine to browse , as they do and ask questions all they want as a newcomer.

Others here work hard to impress and earn that +1 PQ point to become a member :)

dc2dc2dc2
19-10-2007, 12:04 PM
but what if they have no knowledge as a car enthusiast because they don't wanna give out wrong advice ?

So u don't think that someone that has been a newcomer for 1 year doesn't deserve to be a member ?

Q_ball
19-10-2007, 12:11 PM
but what if they have no knowledge as a car enthusiast because they don't wanna give out wrong advice ?

So u don't think that someone that has been a newcomer for 1 year doesn't deserve to be a member ?

Not if they dont contribute,
Reading doesnt equate to contributing to a forum.

And its been covered so many times before, that PQ isnt only for the real nitty and gritty tech heads that can post e=mc2 style tech info.
It is also for helpful posts.

JasonGilholme
19-10-2007, 12:11 PM
i think the rule has its flaws.

Because people sign up and want to become a member but don't know anything. they try hard to answer technical posts and get flamed for giving out information that is incorrect (even if its slightly wrong in one way) and then they end up getting pissed off and leave the forum all together.

All because they want to be a member. (possibly without any intention to sell stuff at all.)

And it makes it even harder for them now because you can't PQ in most sections any more. It seems like you gotta be a mechanic in order to be a member these days.

dc2dc2dc2
19-10-2007, 12:13 PM
honestly i rekon out of 20 n00bs 1 n00b would be lucky to recieve PQ points. Also like to add out of 20 n00bs its probably only 1-2 of them who signed up purely to sell. Most of them are legit newcomers.

I agree with Jason it does have its flaws. It does seem impossible for newcomers to become members these days.

Q_ball
19-10-2007, 12:17 PM
Its easy to be helpful and gain PQs, thats where most of my points come from..

Scenario: noob asks question that has been covered several times..
Action: link noob to a thread that contains a prior discussion of the topic.
For extra browny points: link to several sources within the forum...or outside.

Its easy, ppl jst have to be bothered to help themselves rather than complain all the time.

JasonGilholme
19-10-2007, 12:19 PM
It is also for helpful posts.

People can be helpful in all sections of the forum so why can't you give PQ's in all topics??

doesn't seem fair. And i know people will abuse the PQ system but you either restrict the amount of people becoming members or you keep a better eye on the PQ system.

JasonGilholme
19-10-2007, 12:20 PM
Its easy to be helpful and gain PQs, thats where most of my points come from..

Scenario: noob asks question that has been covered several times..
Action: link noob to a thread that contains a prior discussion of the topic.
For extra browny points: link to several sources within the forum...or outside.

Its easy, ppl jst have to be bothered to help themselves rather than complain all the time.

still doesn't give the noob a PQ point...

Q_ball
19-10-2007, 12:21 PM
People can be helpful in all sections of the forum so why can't you give PQ's in all topics??

doesn't seem fair. And i know people will abuse the PQ system but you either restrict the amount of people becoming members or you keep a better eye on the PQ system.

Helpful posts within the tech forums.
Being helpful and linking members to various discussion topics will also allow the new member to learn more and gain more tech knowledge.

Q_ball
19-10-2007, 12:22 PM
still doesn't give the noob a PQ point...

Its not a guaranteed point, but they have to start somewhere.
Like i said, thats where most of my points have come from - helping members to various past discussion points that are relevant to their question.
Do it often enough, they will get recognised, and they will receive a PQ point.

bennjamin
19-10-2007, 12:28 PM
Rules are set with the best intentions and , while arent perfect ( see the recent abuse by several members) they have achieved what set to do , that is prevent anyone signing up JUST to sell

Correct me if wrong , but I cannot see any issue of being a newcomer - its only a small title under your username. I have not received any complaints or issues nor seen any from any newcomer about becoming a member UNLESS they are asking how to sell stuff.

JasonGilholme
19-10-2007, 12:40 PM
....would that be because once you become a member the only extra thing you get is access to post things for sale???

dsp26
19-10-2007, 01:43 PM

not being a smartarse coz the context makes sense but just that point i bolded doesn't go together well :p

but yeah it has it's flaws, the system this forum uses is one of only 2 efective systems i've seen only this one keeps MOST people happy..

the other method was a set membership fee or in the case of another forum i'm on.. "Forum Donation" which is any amount you want to donate which purely goes towards maintaining the forum... but at the end of the day, just like earning PQ points.... it's about giving back to the community that supports you.. kinda like centrelink lol

dc2dc2dc2
19-10-2007, 01:46 PM
lolz ok maybe i used the wrong words
all im trying to say is...say ur just a ave. joe who works in office who doesn't really know much about technical things about ur car and leave it all to ur mechanic. BUT u just jump on ozhonda for ideas on modz etc.

bennjamin
19-10-2007, 02:46 PM
....would that be because once you become a member the only extra thing you get is access to post things for sale???

thats pretty much it.

My point is , i have never had anyone complain about just being a newcomer. Who cares what your title is ?

The only people that have cared , have had questions regarding selling items.

wynode
22-10-2007, 09:38 PM
i think the rule has its flaws.

And it makes it even harder for them now because you can't PQ in most sections any more. It seems like you gotta be a mechanic in order to be a member these days.

That's mainly in the lounge.....where it should not be used anyways. I've said this before.....if someone can recommend a system that address the issues of people signing up purely to sell and encouraging people to help each other out.......I'm more than happy to listen to it.

honestly i rekon out of 20 n00bs 1 n00b would be lucky to recieve PQ points. Also like to add out of 20 n00bs its probably only 1-2 of them who signed up purely to sell. Most of them are legit newcomers.

I agree with Jason it does have its flaws. It does seem impossible for newcomers to become members these days.

Only real benefit of the PQ points system (apart from bragging rights) is so you can sell something. So going by your logic that only say 1/20 people want to sell something.....what's the problem then?

GIPONU
23-10-2007, 12:03 AM
1/20 would get the PQ point.
1-2/20 would like to sell.
but the 1 PQ point would be goin out to the other ppl who dont need to sell.
this is confusing but yeh, i tried..

dsp26
23-10-2007, 11:03 AM
1/20 would get the PQ point.
1-2/20 would like to sell.
but the 1 PQ point would be goin out to the other ppl who dont need to sell.
this is confusing but yeh, i tried..

so the 1/20 deserves it

1-2/20 who would like to sell purely for it rightfully shouldn't be able to...

remaining 17/20 have no problem then wether they have a PQ or not... their possibly not contributing to the community nor do they have the intention to sell.

GIPONU
23-10-2007, 01:06 PM
so the 1/20 deserves it

1-2/20 who would like to sell purely for it rightfully shouldn't be able to...

remaining 17/20 have no problem then wether they have a PQ or not... their possibly not contributing to the community nor do they have the intention to sell.

yeh, but the 1/20 who gets it, doesnt make use of it.
whereas the 1-2/20 have parts worth selling and cant get rid of it cos they dont ever get the PQ point. even if they try.
ie: me. like i've been here for 1.5yrs. and i contribute if i know wat im on about.
but still im a newbie..
and the 17/20 are really just here for the lounge making ozhonda their 2nd home.

krogoth
23-10-2007, 02:04 PM
y do u have a red box?

GIPONU
23-10-2007, 04:12 PM
y do u have a red box?

cos i cracked a joke.
and some1 took it srsly.
someone with alot of green boxes.
so its gonna take some1 with the ammount of boxes to overcome it..
=="

bennjamin
23-10-2007, 04:31 PM
so anyways....

If you question why you cant sell you dont really belong on Ozhonda.

IF you genuinely want to get rid of your "newcomer" status then earn the right and you can be whatever you wish.

Closed