PDA

View Full Version : what are my brakes???

DNYALL
15-10-2007, 05:54 PM
How big are the calipers meant to be on an EM1? When i got new brake pads, The guys ordered the stock pads for my car and when they tryed to fit them, they were too small. I was told that my calipers were not standard and had been swapped to something bigger.

The mechanics ended up measuring it and sending the specs to the brake place and they ended up fitting honda accord pads which turned out fitted perfect. Never heard of accord calipers on an EM1 befor though...so am just wondering if they are actually accord calipers or something different?

I measured the calipers, from top to bottom they are 180mm. My discs seem to be stock still. (around the 260mm mark) Also people have commented that my brake booster seemed bigger than ussual. (I just went and had a closer look at the brake booster and it says 'Findlex nm260v-3' on it) Is this wat is written on other peoples booster????

just to clarify the measurement if anyone is a bit slow...i mean this way:
http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/6969/brakevt1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
(^^NOT MY ACTUAL RIMS....I WISH!!^^ :p)

I have lost contact with the dude i bought it off though so i can't ask him wat he changed it to.

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas of wat they could be off? Or are the mechanics just stupid and they are actually stock calipers.

Thanks for your help,
-Mike

SPEEDCORE
16-10-2007, 10:31 AM
Take your wheels off and have a look for stamped number/code and post it up. Also try to find a brand ie. NISSIN

Also measure the rotor diameter and post it up.

Cvik_ryda
17-10-2007, 12:40 AM
i just got my brakes swap over for bigger calipers and rotors. Everything come off a Prelude but the rotors has to be re drill to 4x100. Maybe the guy who sold u the car did what ive done. hope that help. My rotor now is 282mm.

BaNaNaMaN
17-10-2007, 08:48 AM
Prelude and accord calipers is a common honda swap. Worst case they may be legend calipers but if the rotor is 282 then my money is on prelude/accord.

Legend calipers suit the 260mm rotors.

|N|
17-10-2007, 08:52 AM
maybe ur mech just ordered pads for normal EK1 .. whihc is a smaller calipar and disc then em1/ek4?
best way is to find another ek4 or em1 and compare them

bennjamin
17-10-2007, 08:55 AM
you measured the calipers or the brake disc itself ?