PDA

View Full Version : Tuck the ABS fuse box thingy??

DNYALL
15-10-2007, 06:32 PM
I really wanna tuck this away somewhere, either into the front bar or side fender or even inside behind the dash, Antone done this befor??

How did u do it and where did u move it too? Is it just as easy as extending each wire to the new location or is there a better easier way????

I mean this box:
http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/8673/getridofthislc4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Also Does anyone have a DIY guide to moving the fusebox into the cabin/dash. I am guessing it is just a case of dissconnecting the wires from the back, feeding them through the firewall and then reconnecting them to the newly mounted fusebox in the cabin. But a Guide would be awesome!!

Any help would be sweet :thumbsup:

DNYALL
29-10-2007, 04:13 PM
don't worry, i figoured it out myself :thumbsup:

kyobibi
29-10-2007, 04:19 PM
wanna post up a DIY? :)

JasonGilholme
29-10-2007, 04:19 PM
i ended up removing my abs all together.

much better. but i'm sure you could get it behind the fender if you really needed to.

Fuse box is easy. you just gotta pull it all apart and rearrange it the way you like it.

DNYALL
29-10-2007, 04:42 PM
yeah well i was just gonna do the fuse box, but then when i took that out i realised half the loom went into the engine bay and half the loom went into the cabin, so i ended up tucking that whole side, other side starts tonight.

JasonGilholme
29-10-2007, 05:12 PM
haha awesome work man :thumbsup:

The head light looms aren't too hard. I had to untangle the ground wires on the drivers side by cutting them and reconnecting them. Otherwise they wouldn't have reached a good place to be grounded.

The engine harness is fun to tuck when the engine is in the bay. i took mine out recently and did it all while it was out. sooooooooo much easier haha. No need to extend any wires either. They're all too long now actually ahha.

DNYALL
02-11-2007, 09:35 PM
yeah unhooked the drivers side loom from all its oem cable ties and found that it was just too hard to do while the engine is still in. i just ended up kinda tieing them all up in a messy ball and hiding them down the back underneithe the master cylinder sort of.

Looks a bit better but i would really need the engine out and the dash kind of out as well so that u could get to all the firwall to move the connectors back there.

Looks good enough for now though.

zco
03-11-2007, 12:46 PM
what i did to my old car. unbolted the mounting bracket.. flattened it so it was straight instead of 'L' shaped
then un clipped all the brackets for the wiring harness on the passenger side strut tower, mounted it there and hid all the wires below it. cleaned it up nicely..