PDA

View Full Version : Honda Accord 1998 Japsepc Wagon - Need Technical Help Please

manphibian
15-10-2007, 09:53 PM
I just bought a 1998 honda accord wagon 2.2 vtec, I have a GPS unit in there but its only japanese maps and language, is there anyway to change it to english? and get australian manps on to it? Behind the lcd there is a cd drive and a pc card drive for the gps software and without the cd the gps does not work.

Also the unit doubles as a tv is there a way to get reception to australian channels? Right now i only get static and sound only on ch 10.

Should i get a dvd player head unit and connect it to the existing LCD or what would you say is the best way to utilise this LCD?

MRH-22A
17-10-2007, 07:13 PM
can we see pics of ur car?

manphibian
17-10-2007, 11:21 PM
here you go check this post out it contains the pics of my car although none of the inside.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76815

SiReal
18-10-2007, 10:48 AM
firstly, u have to find out whether the GPS maps will work with your japanese software. ie.. what format, etc etc

i also undersnatd that tehre will be a difference in channel setting for jdm + audm radio and tv. i've seen taht u can get an adapter from jaycar radio which converts these signals back to australian signals. give that a try to get the radio + tv working.

also find out whether there is an input for your lcd. if there is, and its a common plug and play unit, such as RCA, then no probs in hooking up DVD, TV tuner. if its OEM, then good luck in getting a factory socket/plug, getting that converted into RCA and going from there.

IS250
24-10-2007, 10:21 AM
You need to get FM band expanders to get the radio working. The Japanese frequency doesn’t go as high as Australia’s so depending on the type of expanders you get, you just minus that amount from the Australian station frequency to get the correct frequency. Example, you have an 18 mhz expander and want to listen to Fox FM: 101.9 – 18 = 83.9FM.

For the TV you need a PAL to NTSC converter or just buy a DVD or set top box that supports NTSC.

manphibian
24-10-2007, 11:42 AM
Hi There Guys

I am just thinking of geting a all in one dvd mp3 gps 2 din thingo ma bob and just taking out my current GPS system ... what do u reckon?