PDA

View Full Version : B18C2 into EK1

1996ek1
16-10-2007, 08:20 PM
Hey just wondering what i would need for this conversion, i think i know most of them, please tell me what im missing....

Engine
Gearbox
Wiring loom
ECU
B series mounts
Driveshafts
Shift linkages
Custom wiring loom adaptor
and some sort of ECU connector harness

Am i missing anything here ?

1996ek1
16-10-2007, 08:27 PM
Then to be legal i would need a brake upgrade too.

So i would need VTi-R front brakes or larger, rear brake conversion, and a larger brake MC, correct?

smomo
16-10-2007, 11:33 PM
I think that should be it, just remember to budget a few hundred extra for other small things which will pop up. You'll need header as well but if you get a halfcut they should be included

WPN.22R
17-10-2007, 12:02 AM
If you need someone to put it together for you drop me a pm:thumbsup:

[ricer]
17-10-2007, 12:05 AM
have to get a motor later then 1996

scyt7e
17-10-2007, 12:17 AM
you should just get a half cut seriously.... saves a lot of time and effort

but stuff u need

1) u dont need b series mounts u need the brackets

- front tranny bracket
- rear engine bracket
- timing belt side engine bracket ( u can mod but heck just buy it )

2) ps/ac pump unless ur not going to run it

3) u cant use the loom from the integra half cut... unless im mistaken stick to a obdIIa one plug thingo.. ek4 harness is good or a civic vti one is nice but u got to mod it :( i had bad experience there lol.. going to be hard to find a ek4 wiring loom... but yes ecu and dizzy should be the same from the engine

4) o2 sensor

5) throttle body + intake manifold and intake arm and some filter or stock intake thing

6) ur missing all the sensors for the throttle body etc map, iat and the rest...

7) injectors ( better be part of the engine)

8) header!! lol i doubt ek1 one will ever fit the b18c

9) spark plug leads

10) mayb a new fuel pump is good

hmmm... i think i managed to pick up the random stuff missing... and hope that helps

1996ek1
17-10-2007, 10:02 AM
WPN.22R - Im going to be doing this myself :D (hope it works out)

[ricer] - Already know that one, but thanks :thumbsup:

&

scyt7e - I was going to buy a complete running motor, which would have included TB + ITM + Dizzy + Leads + headers + injectors + sensors.

But you gave me few things to think about.

Altho the person isnt selling the motor anymore, change of plans. So im looking for a halfcut again.... just cant seem to find one :(

And thanks for the help guys :thumbsup:

Zdster
17-10-2007, 10:10 AM
WPN.22R - Im going to be doing this myself :D (hope it works out)

[ricer] - Already know that one, but thanks :thumbsup:

&

scyt7e - I was going to buy a complete running motor, which would have included TB + ITM + Dizzy + Leads + headers + injectors + sensors.

But you gave me few things to think about.

Altho the person isnt selling the motor anymore, change of plans. So im looking for a halfcut again.... just cant seem to find one :(

And thanks for the help guys :thumbsup:

Contact AKMotorworks - they should be able to source you one.

You will also need to get the rest of the exhaust system (from the headers back) and when you do the brakes I would suggest also upgrading the proportioning valve (since you are already there anyway) and you will need, brake lines, e-brake cables (if you are doing the rear), pads, discs, master cylinder (which you mentioned), brake booster and hubs.

1996ek1
17-10-2007, 10:49 AM
Contact AKMotorworks - they should be able to source you one.

You will also need to get the rest of the exhaust system (from the headers back) and when you do the brakes I would suggest also upgrading the proportioning valve (since you are already there anyway) and you will need, brake lines, e-brake cables (if you are doing the rear), pads, discs, master cylinder (which you mentioned), brake booster and hubs.

Thanks for that, ill write all this down.

And i did contact AKMotorworks, first they said 3650$, then they said that was a special, and it will be $4000+ postage, and postage was quoted $200-$500 which is a very large gap, even tho i mentioned i live in sydney.

I then if they could find one and tell me a definate price for it, and they never got back to me.....

Zdster
17-10-2007, 10:57 AM
Thanks for that, ill write all this down.

And i did contact AKMotorworks, first they said 3650$, then they said that was a special, and it will be $4000+ postage, and postage was quoted $200-$500 which is a very large gap, even tho i mentioned i live in sydney.

I then if they could find one and tell me a definate price for it, and they never got back to me.....

They have been super busy, so drop him another line and he will get back to you I am sure :thumbsup:

jdmTYPE R
17-10-2007, 11:32 AM
i got a complete b18c7 for sale...u will need to change the block bracket on the timing belt side to a b16a bracket and u can use your ek1 loom and buy the conversion harness from edge automotive that convert it to a vtec obd2 loom and also a ek4 rear mount bracket

scyt7e
17-10-2007, 12:10 PM
you dont necessarily need exhaust from the headers back but it would be a nice thing to have i guess... just go aftermarket after :thumbsup: brakes wise u can still run stock setup temporarily and go from there if you get a half cut anyway u should get the brakes as well :thumbsup: and i think a teg ones can be swapped over..... mayb

Zdster
17-10-2007, 01:02 PM
you dont necessarily need exhaust from the headers back but it would be a nice thing to have i guess...

So he should just run his stock ek1 exhaust from the headers back?

and i think a teg ones can be swapped over..... mayb

Yes, integra brakes will work.

scyt7e
17-10-2007, 01:04 PM
not sayin he should or shouldnt obviously its not the ideal situation but if he cant get piping he can still run the ek1 exhaust im on that at the moment its got lots of back pressure but still runs i'ld say... :(

Zdster
17-10-2007, 01:06 PM
not sayin he should or shouldnt obviously its not the ideal situation but if he cant get piping he can still run the ek1 exhaust im on that at the moment its got lots of back pressure but still runs i'ld say... :(

Wow! Cant imagine that is particularly advisable.

1996ek1
17-10-2007, 06:37 PM
Thanks guys for all the useful info!

Will i be able to get it registered with a B18C2 conversion and the stock drum brakes on rear ?

Phuong1987
18-10-2007, 07:46 PM
You will need the following to complete the conversion
1. EK4 rear engine bracket
2. EK4 power steering pump

You will probably get away with the rear drum, ill recommend to get them change though. If you can find a guy that do easy blue slip, then your lucky.

scyt7e
18-10-2007, 07:56 PM
hmm i seriously doubt the guys wouild even know the difference... i mean 1.6 l to 1.8 l they see it they probably are like ah just a 1.8l... but yeah i'ld upgrade brakes for more of a safety issue rather than getting it registeredd :thumbsup: and ur 15% within the limit upgrade anyway so... shouldn't be too much dramas which reminds me i should get down to it soonish

1996ek1
18-10-2007, 09:01 PM
Yea , i would get to it eventually but would be tight on cash after the conversion lol