PDA

View Full Version : Type R Brake Pads

scollops
17-10-2007, 02:51 PM
You see the amount of brake dust on the rears with this thing.......I have seen replacements in the UK, but not much here. Anyone have ideas on what you can do or alternatives I can get fitted.....Cant take the hit for a full conversion yet boss would kill me.:(

|N|
17-10-2007, 03:25 PM
You see the amount of brake dust on the rears with this thing.......I have seen replacements in the UK, but not much here. Anyone have ideas on what you can do or alternatives I can get fitted.....Cant take the hit for a full conversion yet boss would kill me.:(

i honest do not understand wat u trying to ask?

can explain it?

SPEEDCORE
17-10-2007, 03:28 PM
He's having a whine about the brake dust on stock pads.......

scollops
17-10-2007, 08:09 PM
Thought it was pretty easy .. replacement brake pads !! Understand now ? Is there any. There are Powerslot brake conversions but a bit extreme - the question is more the amount of brake dust compared to the fronts.

SPEEDCORE
18-10-2007, 02:23 PM
If the answer was pretty easy why come here asking questions.....

Anyway.... only way that I can see you dusting the rear wheels up more is if there is an issue with your rear brakes. I'd query a handbrake issue...

bennjamin
18-10-2007, 02:27 PM
handbrake might be adjusted too tight - drags under normal driving and hence wears out the rear brakes. OR crappy aftermarket rear pads that have alot of dust.

|N|
18-10-2007, 02:36 PM
or somethin wrong with front brakes... its using less force then teh rear... hence more dust from the rear

bennjamin
18-10-2007, 02:41 PM
or somethin wrong with front brakes... its using less force then teh rear... hence more dust from the rear

fronts = 60/70 % of braking or so lol. But there maybe MORE pressure onto the rears. Offset brake pads front and rear will upset your brake balance. Try to use the same pads front n rear guys !

|N|
18-10-2007, 02:52 PM
fronts = 60/70 % of braking or so lol. But there maybe MORE pressure onto the rears. Offset brake pads front and rear will upset your brake balance. Try to use the same pads front n rear guys !

yea just an idea LOL... nothing is impossible...

but if thats the case... the car will be close to unstopable LOL