PDA

View Full Version : Clutch / transmission problems

fuzzy
17-10-2007, 07:43 PM
hey guys i've got a bit of a problem with my clutch.
it's making a - as best as i can describe - whirring noise, but when i press the clutch in it dissapears.

the problem start a couple of weeks / almost a month after i got it serviced at a honda dealer

car is a civic ek1 cxi
what i was hoping for is if anyone knows of a good mechanic in the western suburbs, my car is up for another service anyway so was hoping to get it all fixed and done at once.
i've searched on here for mechanics, but most are listing in box hill and frankston, i don't mind box hill but i live in footscray, so travel is a bit of a problem

cheers

Mark

dc2_itr
17-10-2007, 08:57 PM
hey mate,
on my old car (a 180sx) i had eactly the same problem and it was the bearing on the input shaft of the gearbox, not sure if its the same on hondas, but check the bearings in the gearbox matey, hope it helps
stephen

EuroDude
17-10-2007, 09:38 PM
Yep, bearing on the input shaft ftw.

imratedpg
17-10-2007, 10:39 PM
sounds like the gearbox is giving way...when you depress the accelerator hard does the car rev out? like rev out of gear as to slip ?

ECU-MAN
17-10-2007, 11:08 PM
your gearbox is fine. ( for now anyway ). change the ISB in the gearbox before the metal fragments from the bearing failure go to town on the rest of the bearings/parts in the gearbox.

fuzzy
18-10-2007, 07:48 PM
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AEDLXKWL

link to sound of how my car is running
when its loud, thats with the clutch out
and with the clutch pushed in the noise goes.

like i said i want to get it fixed, but was hoping someone on the forums had a mechanic they trusted on the west side of melb...

cheers,
Mark

marte
18-10-2007, 08:43 PM
thrust bearing off ur clutch

destrukshn
18-10-2007, 09:22 PM
could also be release bearing as well, as marte has said.

ECU-MAN
18-10-2007, 11:37 PM
thrust bearing off ur clutch

that would be noisy when you clutch in not when its released.