PDA

View Full Version : D2 COILOVERS ON EBAy!!! for dc2r

jko2
17-10-2007, 09:00 PM
Hey, just wondering has anyone brought these before from ebay? Just hoping to get some feed back as it is very tempting to buy. It stats on the advert that it does not come in its original packaging, could this be fake?

cheers guys

dsp26
17-10-2007, 10:19 PM
Hey, just wondering has anyone brought these before from ebay? Just hoping to get some feed back as it is very tempting to buy. It stats on the advert that it does not come in its original packaging, could this be fake?

cheers guys

nope.. performance-guru right? very reputable and very well priced.

Just a note that the "DC2" coilovers they sell are for DC2r only and require the rear LCA

Int3gra-T
17-10-2007, 11:15 PM
i bought mine from there,
running sweet.
cheap cheap im happy!

dsp26
18-10-2007, 08:41 AM
and also the set thats $200 cheaper always has the 11K front springs and the normal priced ones have 9k fronts... probably the reason for the price as the 11k fronts don't sound too good to me with 6k rears.

also reason they don't use factory boxes is coz their huge, cheaper to ship by putting them together in a smaller box with bubble wrap, etc..

zco
18-10-2007, 08:45 AM
LOL! i dont think ppl would make fake d2's.

d2's are shit enuf as it is... why make a copy of a copy for ?

the coilovers are the worse you can buy. look on the forums, countless ppl are hving problems with them..

have fun finding a new set 6months later.

dsp26
18-10-2007, 08:51 AM
LOL! i dont think ppl would make fake d2's.

d2's are shit enuf as it is... why make a copy of a copy for ?

the coilovers are the worse you can buy. look on the forums, countless ppl are hving problems with them..

have fun finding a new set 6months later.

there haven't been many from THIS forum have there? i'm pretty sure i've scoured the suspension section for such problems and the current major issue going around is the one relating to nissans using them for drift....

was wondering if you could post some threads i may have missed as i am considering these also and just wanna be dead sure..... coz its either these or i'll be getting tanabe or apexi from overseas

zco
18-10-2007, 09:28 AM
heres one already

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74313&highlight=knocking

IZY-10
18-10-2007, 10:28 AM
wow one person complaining about knocking big deal. What about the people that complain about their Tiens are rusting??

dsp26
18-10-2007, 10:38 AM
yeah read that one... seemed superficial an issue to me as it was only the one person

z3lda
18-10-2007, 10:51 AM
another member here purchased a set of d2''s offf the same seller

after he paid for the installation he leaked.

though he got sent replacement shocks for free, he still had to pay for the reinstallation and the inconvienence it cause him

dsp26
18-10-2007, 10:58 AM
fEk! ok i'm gonna do some further reading/research....

do you have the link to that thread z3lda? just want to know how difficult it was to get the replacement organised with them and if they replaced the set or just the one... install is no probs as i can do it myself.

zco
18-10-2007, 11:39 AM
to IZY-10:
no its not ONE PERSON, if you read the thread, other ppl have the same problem aswell

so maybe you should do some reasearch like dsp26 and find out what you're paying for
it seems liek you have a set of D2's and just cant hack the fact that their gonna end up like everyone else's
this thread has nothing to do with tein's being rusted so POQ

Limbo
18-10-2007, 11:41 AM
doesn't matter what the product sometimes you get unlucky and get a bad set.

If you were gonna buy cheap ones i woud have thought you'd do a DIY to save further money.

In the end the quality is not as good but may be ok for those who are not your hard core driver but just want the benefits of coil overs. For the price seems worth the try

dsp26
18-10-2007, 12:04 PM
zco: sorry whats "POQ"??

krogoth
18-10-2007, 12:17 PM
lol, this thread relates alot to ur sig dp26

dsp26
18-10-2007, 12:26 PM
lol, this thread relates alot to ur sig dp26

lol yeah i was gonna mention it earlier but i didn't want it to come off as smartarse... but i do live by it... and i have not seen that fellow post in looooong time.

IZY-10
18-10-2007, 02:41 PM
to IZY-10:
no its not ONE PERSON, if you read the thread, other ppl have the same problem aswell

so maybe you should do some reasearch like dsp26 and find out what you're paying for
it seems liek you have a set of D2's and just cant hack the fact that their gonna end up like everyone else's
this thread has nothing to do with tein's being rusted so POQ

Actually no i dont i use to but never got around to installing them. Every coilover has its pros and cons. Just like cars not every car is built perfectly.

czy_sol87
18-10-2007, 07:12 PM
i've had my D2 coils in for almost a year and no problems what so ever with them, i highly recommend them to anyone that is planning on getting coils

jdm_kid
18-10-2007, 07:23 PM
nope.. performance-guru right? very reputable and very well priced.

Just a note that the "DC2" coilovers they sell are for DC2r only and require the rear LCA

they provide you both (fork & ball type) :) its interchangeable.

most usdm honda's used them, and look at there cars ;) lol

Honda_CRX
18-10-2007, 11:07 PM
Yeah im contemplatin getting D2's from Ebay them or a proper set of JIC's(from somewhere else) but its like 1100 to about 2000................

it would be a b!tch if they leak after install though

string
06-11-2007, 09:47 PM
9/6 doesn't sound very fun unless you really love front camber - that or understeer :D

iced
07-11-2007, 09:21 AM
9/6 doesn't sound very fun unless you really love front camber - that or understeer :D

rubbish!!!

spring rate has nothing to do with camber

NSPYRE
07-11-2007, 09:46 AM
http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/9172/opentrackdayaaron060ys8tl4.jpg

u get wat u pay for...

NSPYRE
07-11-2007, 09:53 AM
oh, and by the way, if u went onto the D2 website and had a look at the test report, u would kno that where ever the test was conducted, it was not in Germany. notice the chinese character in the background and the red stamp. that is not wat it should look like. a test report should also be FAR MORE detailed. below is an example of a real test report:

http://users.tpg.com.au/gsingson/scan.pdf

string
07-11-2007, 11:31 AM
rubbish!!!

spring rate has nothing to do with camber
All suspension attributes have something to do with each other when it comes to overall effect, but that wasn't my point. I didn't once mention a relationship between camber change and spring-rate, rather a relationship between the ammount of pleasure you get from a 9/6 setup and the ammount of camber you have, or understeer you like.

With that much front bias in roll resistance, you're going to need very high front camber for rotation - the true definition of an arse dragger. The only advantage such a setup has is that it's easy to drive fast.

Of course it's still going to behave much better than standard by virtue of being a performance modification. It'll probably feel reasonably netural off throttle too as 9/6 is pretty close to standard weight distribution.

Then again; for all I know you could be coupling this setup with a 32mm rear sway-bar, in which case i'll subtley exit left.