PDA

View Full Version : Quick Q: Brake Master Cylinder Brace

dsp26
17-10-2007, 09:19 PM
For example the Cusco ones... are EG and DC variants the exact same dimensions?

All pics i've seen look identical yet their always listed seperately.

Thanks in advance.

dsp26
18-10-2007, 07:27 AM
bumpage

dsp26
18-10-2007, 11:00 AM
no-one??

ok i'll change the question... since they bolt into place directly opposite the upper control arm (forks), and since eg/dc are the same in that regard.. am i safe to assume the EG & DC brake stoppers are the same?

Or is the reason their listed seperately is coz the DC2 booster is slightly longer/bigger?

JasonGilholme
18-10-2007, 11:05 AM
the mount points are exactly the same but they might be designed slightly differen't because of things around the mount points.

ie strut bar could be different between the two, boost/mc could be higher. MC could be different etc etc.

Let me know which one you end up getting because i wanna get one too lol

bennjamin
18-10-2007, 11:06 AM
EG and DC share the same upper control arm design , BUT the BMC is different dimensions so i dont think they suit each other.

Try and find out tho

JasonGilholme
18-10-2007, 11:10 AM
the EG del sol BMC is the same dimensions as the DC2R one AFAIK. I definately know that the del sol BMC is bigger then the standard EG civic one (due to the del sol having ABS)

bennjamin
18-10-2007, 11:15 AM
the EG del sol BMC is the same dimensions as the DC2R one AFAIK. I definately know that the del sol BMC is bigger then the standard EG civic one (due to the del sol having ABS)

The Del sol is bigger (same size as Gsi / Vtir / EG6 / EK4 correcto?) because it possess DC sized brakes (262mm fronts) - not because it has ABS. (FYI the GSI without abs has the same size BMC too)
OTher EG's with ABS have tiny BMC's ( vti for example)

Anyway to be exact this question should be about Japanese EG/DCs - which both come with B series engines , both with 262mm front brakes and with the same sized BMC. (Cusco making for the local market)

JasonGilholme
18-10-2007, 11:16 AM
yeah i know what you mean ben.

i was comparing the EG del sol (ABS) to the EG civic (nonABS) and just thought that the abs was the main difference.

I'd say the DC one would suit the EG del sol better. Providing that the posion of the Brake Booster/MC is correct.

dsp26
18-10-2007, 11:24 AM
Thanks guys!!! quick responses all of a sudden.. love the love!!!

I'm gonna order the DC2 one... at a great price too... will let you guys know if it fits the EG, otherwise i'll just end up re-selling it on here....

HOWEVER, the one i'm ordering is for RHD JDM DC2 which i'm assumingm then is a DC2r... not the same as standard DC?

bennjamin
18-10-2007, 11:25 AM
id assume DC2R yes. Remember its adjustable too so it should suit any BMC on that chassis ( EG/DC)

JasonGilholme
18-10-2007, 11:45 AM
if it fits hook a brother up! :thumbsup:

dsp26
18-10-2007, 11:54 AM
id assume DC2R yes. Remember its adjustable too so it should suit any BMC on that chassis ( EG/DC)

sweet sweet :thumbsup: i was just reading up on an EK one in the tech section where the member couldn't really fit it even with the bolt all the way back coz the booster was too long... guessing its an ABS issue thats relevant to that chassis only.

dsp26
18-10-2007, 11:55 AM
if it fits hook a brother up! :thumbsup:

no probs, i'll send you the linky tonight coz i dont know it off the top of my head and can't access from work.