PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Got There Gaurds Rolled

98coupevti
17-10-2007, 10:39 PM
Hi , i got a civic coupe , im thinking of getting 18's rims for my car , i heard i hav to roll my gaurds, i just want to get some opinions thanks guys

kendc5r
17-10-2007, 10:55 PM
u could always get a camber kit...

BlitZ
18-10-2007, 10:44 AM
u could always get a camber kit...

ahahh and what.. add more camber?

SiReal
18-10-2007, 10:44 AM
before u get them rolled, get your rims put on, get your suspension done, get your car fully loaded, go for a drive over some bumpy roads, and if u heard the scraping, then u go and get them rolled.

also if possible, get the correct offset + width to minimise any need for rolling. if that fails, go for your life.

coakman
19-10-2007, 02:57 PM
Roll your guards if you're going with 18's. Better to roll and have no issues than have something catch on the guard at a crucial point in a corner at high speed! I got mine rolled - CRX with 18x7.5

rikstar
25-10-2007, 01:09 PM
i use to have 18' rims on my 98 teg and rolling the guards was a must.

My advice would be to take it to a place that knows what they are doing. i've heard a few bad stories about some tyre shops trying to do it. I took mine to a panel beater and he did an awesome job... no cracks in the paint work at all. :thumbsup:

Good luck.

STTICH
25-10-2007, 03:11 PM
its a common misconception to many (i think) that rolling ur guards mean u can fit bigger rims.

no.

most of the time it depends largely on the offset & width of the rims.

rolling guards will only help eliminate minor scraping problem, for example when ur rims/tyres are 'just'/ slightly touching the guards.

if the offset of the rims is totally unsuitable + the width , and sticks out too much, rolling guards really wont do any good.

16CTEG
26-10-2007, 12:05 AM
i own a guard roller! ;):p

fatboyz39
26-10-2007, 07:59 PM
hammer!!

aaronng
26-10-2007, 08:05 PM
It depends on the tyre and rim width, and the offset. It DOESN'T depend on the diameter of the rim.

Jonald
28-10-2007, 05:35 PM
Well i've got 18's on my EG civic sedan atm. Fully loaded on friday night. I wanted to cry... cringing at every slight bump. Was cruising on the freeway at 40km's/hour.

Putting my koni sports + eibach pro's on this week sometime! What you guys reakon if i had the koni's on middle perch... what sort of stiffness you reakon im gonna have to have them that?

Thanks lads :D

string
29-10-2007, 01:35 PM
Well i've got 18's on my EG civic sedan atm. Fully loaded on friday night. I wanted to cry... cringing at every slight bump. Was cruising on the freeway at 40km's/hour.

Putting my koni sports + eibach pro's on this week sometime! What you guys reakon if i had the koni's on middle perch... what sort of stiffness you reakon im gonna have to have them that?

Thanks lads :D
Doesn't matter what stiffness you have them at, your maximum suspension travel will be the same, the damper will just affect the transition from one state to the other.

Jonald
29-10-2007, 07:57 PM
Well, i had them on soft and i got massive scrub. Put them on stiff, wasn't bad...

Got guards rolled, only slight scrub on front with full lock...

All good :D:D