PDA

View Full Version : Civic Ferio Wheel Axel

jay_vtec
17-10-2007, 11:27 PM
Hey

wondering if anybody knows...are the wheels axels on Ferios different to a regular civic...i kno there are different features in the ferio model but i went to a tyre place n they said i need MULTI FIT rims only

if so where do i get these from??

cheers

Zdster
18-10-2007, 08:34 AM
Wait, what are you trying to do? Fit new rims or get new axles?

It sounds like you just want to change the stud pattern in which case you need to replace the hub etc (or just find a similar looking wheel in the correct PCD).

tRipitaka
18-10-2007, 09:38 AM
if you're talking about stud pattern, all eg/eh civics (from stock) are 4x100 and do NOT need multifit..

jay_vtec
18-10-2007, 05:09 PM
nah i need new rims...but wen i took it to the tyre place the guy said i need MULTIFIT rims because i have an import model civic, the stud pattern is different to a general eg civic...hence why i need multi fits

have u's ever heard of this?

D4rk4n63l
18-10-2007, 05:11 PM
nope.. and neither should you, go to other shop mate... ferio is simply market name for EK sedan, hence its 4x100...

|N|
18-10-2007, 05:20 PM
i say neva go back to that shop.. coz they dont know wat they talking abt

Zdster
18-10-2007, 06:28 PM
As the above two users have said, he has no idea what he is talking about.

Have a read here:
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41413
and here:
https://www.rsracing.com/tech-wheel.html

jay_vtec
18-10-2007, 10:50 PM
the guy i went to is a good mate of mine and he has hundreds of second hand rims and we tried at least 20 4 stud patterns and none would fit as soon as he got multi fit rims they fitted on..........confused the hell out of me

|N|
18-10-2007, 10:54 PM
the guy i went to is a good mate of mine and he has hundreds of second hand rims and we tried at least 20 4 stud patterns and none would fit as soon as he got multi fit rims they fitted on..........confused the hell out of me

his a good mate of u doesnt make him knowledgeable...

hundreds of rims doesnt mean that some of them is ur stud pattern

being multifit just means that it fits both 4x100 and 4x114.3

unless ur studs are 100x100x100x114.3

otherwise its got nothing to do with multistud or not

Boban
18-10-2007, 11:03 PM
whats 100x100x100x114.3?????
Also maybe, just maybe someone has upgraded the brakes to the old ITR so they're 114.3

Easy way is just to measure them for yourself mate, just go diagonally from one stud to the other

|N|
18-10-2007, 11:11 PM
whats 100x100x100x114.3?????
Also maybe, just maybe someone has upgraded the brakes to the old ITR so they're 114.3

Easy way is just to measure them for yourself mate, just go diagonally from one stud to the other

it doesnt exist... i made it up....

studs either 4x100 4x114.3... the point i was trying to make is he doenst need multistud rims..

Zdster
18-10-2007, 11:17 PM

There are a number of reasons that the wheels you were trying didnt fit.

Easiest way to solve the problem as Boban said is to take some measurements yourself. I assume there are four studs (as in the bits that pretrude out when you remove the wheel)? If they are Honda, then it is going to either be 4 x 100 or 4 x114.3 (I have yet to see Honda produce a PCD in a four studed standard wheel that isnt one of these). In wheel terms, 4x114.3 are less common and on single studed rims (compared to 4x100) and as such that is the reason you probably found only the multi-studed rims fit.

Assuming you have a 4x114.3 setup (which you can easily measure - see the links I posted earlier) then with a bit of searching you should be able to find rims to suit your car which dont have to be multi-stud.

jay_vtec
19-10-2007, 01:05 AM
i just want to quickly say thanks for everyone who is helping me and everyone on this forum...its guys like u who make these things possible....so thanks for the help lol just wanted to say that cuz ive been on here not even a week and ive asked a fair few questions and all u's have done is answer them which i really apprecaite so thanks fellas

back to the rims...this weekend ill get the rims off and measure them and see what i come up with

Zdster
19-10-2007, 07:56 AM
back to the rims...this weekend ill get the rims off and measure them and see what i come up with

There is no real need to even take the rims off to do the measuring.

If it has four studs (which I assume it does from all the talk that has taken place) just get a ruler and measure from the centre of one wheel stud diagnally across the wheel to the centre of the other wheel stud. In mm it will probably be 100mm or 114.3mm. Other potential measurements could be 108mm (if for some reason the brakes were swapped with peugeot brakes) but it is most likely to be 100 or 114.3.

http://www.gomog.com/allmorgan/pcd4A.jpg
4 HOLE WHEELS
Measure the distance between the centres of 2 OPPOSITE holes
OR
Measure the distance between the centres of 2 ADJACENT holes and multiply by 1.414
http://www.gomog.com/allmorgan/wheeloffset.html