PDA

View Full Version : input shaft bearing

Denchy
07-08-2004, 02:54 PM
Can anyone tell me if you can get stronger input shaft bearings coz I have stuffed 3 off em every time i lauch at high revs

Denchy

Weq
07-08-2004, 05:29 PM
Never herad of this. maybe ur flywheel is ****ed? i dont see how u can destroy these? i spose u can get something custom made, any bearing place would be able to offer u something if u give them something to work off.

BlitZ
08-08-2004, 01:00 AM
input shaft bearing? is this the inbound drive shaft?

pilot bearing?

Weq
08-08-2004, 10:27 PM
i think its the pilot bearing blitz.. i could be wrong.

Mr. Focus
09-08-2004, 12:54 PM
my bro had the same thing go in his CRX. dunno what they did but it cost a shit load to replace.

Per10d
09-08-2004, 01:40 PM
if its the input shaft bearing i'm pretty sure u can only get the part from honda coz wheni was replacing mine around 2 months back i tried getting it from a couple bearing places but they all told me that honda ussually put some type of patent on such parts and it can only be bought directly from honda.

don't holdme to it though.

it'll set you back around 60-80 bux if i remember right.

Denchy
09-08-2004, 01:44 PM
HOW HARD TO FIT THE FARKER? ITS BLOODY ANNOYING

Per10d
09-08-2004, 05:30 PM
it was fuggin annoying i tell ya. you hav to practically pull the whole box apart to do it.
what engine is it for? coz i couldn't find a book at all that showed anythnig on gear boxs, apparently honda stopped making the book for the d16y aNd those hayes books have nothing on gearboxes in them.

it took a little time to figure out which part goes in which order but finished it on one day.

VTEChnique
09-08-2004, 06:57 PM
Hey Scotty !!

let me ask you - do you drive with your hand resting on the gear-knob ?

Denchy
10-08-2004, 12:42 PM
nah dude, the noise is only there when when the clutch is out, as soon as there is the slightest pressure on the peddle... no noise ...

bennjamin
10-08-2004, 01:05 PM
...listen closey to your gearknob as the car is in neutral - slowly move the gear stick side to side while the engine is on - can you hear a light hummy-grinding noise ? ....and the same nise as you change gears etc ?

Mien is doign the same...and i know its at the minimum...a new set of bearings for the gearbox + flywheel etc :(

Because of the cost ( which is mosytly labour) involved - i suggest you inquire prices of a full gearbox+ clutch overhaul - getting everything done in one go and savign the hassle of doing it again in the near future.

$600 +++...

Denchy
10-08-2004, 01:41 PM
I know the box has had the **** coz I have smashed the guts out of it :twisted: I guess its worth looking into a overhaul but finding someone in Brisbane to do it is hard coz everyone I ask says ( insert best bogan voice) nah mate dont deal with anything that new.. i can fix it if its a torana or bomadore , got heaps of them in stock ( end bogan voice) :D

HELP :evil: ME

ECU-MAN
10-08-2004, 07:58 PM
Can anyone tell me if you can get stronger input shaft bearings coz I have stuffed 3 off em every time i lauch at high revs

Denchy

did they put in genuine bearing in each time it was replaced. I can understand 1 being replaced, but another 2, gee. its not normal, there could be a fault with the shaft or the clearences arnt right in the gearbox.

Denchy
13-08-2004, 09:35 AM
so it wouldnt be caused by mis treatment? coz I rection thats what the warranty mob will through at me .... it expires in 1 month so gots to get me facts straight :lol:

mytoycivic
13-08-2004, 10:21 AM
fug them. these things are meant to last tell them to fix it good and proper because its not your fault!!! (make them think ur the victim)