PDA

View Full Version : ECU isues. OBD2A vs OBD2B...

BseriesPLZ
18-10-2007, 01:13 PM
hi everyone - got a strange issue.

mate has a b series i a car - with OBD2B wiring ( EK)
We run a OBD1 ECU (with conversion harness) and the car brings up VSS and TDC codes , and splutters/almost stalls when you touch the accelerator.
But if we run a OBD2B ECU (have a spare power fc in this config.) the engine runs 100% fine.

Is there extra wires for the OBD2 series that the OBD1 ecu doesnt have ? OR that are swapped around ? I thought the conversion harness would fix this up and run fine.

Does this mean we can run a EM1 or EK9 etc ecu and it wil run fine ?
Can the EM1 ecu immoblizer be removed ?

thanks will

Bowzer
18-10-2007, 01:24 PM
Sounds like you may have a problem with the conversion harness, you might want to cross check the wiring or try another harness that works

|N|
18-10-2007, 01:25 PM
hi everyone - got a strange issue.

mate has a b series i a car - with OBD2B wiring ( EK)
We run a OBD1 ECU (with conversion harness) and the car brings up VSS and TDC codes , and splutters/almost stalls when you touch the accelerator.
But if we run a OBD2B ECU (have a spare power fc in this config.) the engine runs 100% fine.

Is there extra wires for the OBD2 series that the OBD1 ecu doesnt have ? OR that are swapped around ? I thought the conversion harness would fix this up and run fine.

Does this mean we can run a EM1 or EK9 etc ecu and it wil run fine ?
Can the EM1 ecu immoblizer be removed ?

thanks will

i used to have the exact same problem. because theres actally one extra sensor that ur engine dont run.

check VSS and coolant temp sen make sure they not faulty first.. coz my mine.. my coolant tem senen was ***ed... thus causing the enigne to almost stall in cold start. unbale to rev it up.. as it would just stall if i do...

and i happen to have EM1 ECU FS... but u need to get someone to take the immob off..

ECU-MAN
18-10-2007, 01:56 PM
sounds like a problem with the harness

BlitZ
18-10-2007, 03:31 PM
im running obd2b to 2a covnersion and ITR ecu and car it healthy.

And I dont think the Em1 ecu has the immboliser.. if so its easily removed anyways

ECU-MAN
18-10-2007, 10:59 PM
im running obd2b to 2a covnersion and ITR ecu and car it healthy.

And I dont think the Em1 ecu has the immboliser.. if so its easily removed anyways

EM1 ecu does have an immo, and its not a walk in the park to remove it.