PDA

View Full Version : Problem wiring B16 distributor into CRX harness

JohnCRX
07-08-2004, 09:32 PM
I am up to rewiring the new B16 with my old D16 CRX harness and have struck problem.
Everything seems to connect up to the old harness OK except the distributor.
The old motor at the distributor had a rounded plug with 2 wires plus a larger rectangular plug with 5 wires (out of possible 6).
But trying to connect to the B16, the new distributor has the same rounded plugs with its 2 wires plus very large rounded plug with 7 wires!
I thought the harness was supposed to connect right up then add the 4 extras for the vtec?
Is there any help out here, what to do with the 7 wires plug????

ECU-MAN
08-08-2004, 12:28 AM
NOTE, I nor OZHONDA DO NOT take any responsibility in you misunderstanding this information ( or the fact there could be an error ) and you causing dammage to your car.

Your wiring loom in the car doesnt match your dizzy, the round plug with two wires is the coil.
the black with a yellow trace is the coil ( + ) and ICM (+ )
the blue is the tacho signal ( I think )

on the Dizzy the 8 pin Grey Connector with 7 wires is as follows

http://b16a2.kicks-ass.net/pics/distrib-b16a2-1.JPG
looking at the back of the connector at the wirs
4 = ICM signal
1 = CKP ( + ) B11 CIDP
5 = CKP ( - ) B12 CIDG
2 = TDC ( + ) B13 TDCP
6 = TDC ( - ) B14 TDCG
3 = CMP ( + ) B15 RPMP
7 = CMP ( - ) B16 RPMG
5 = N/A

http://b16a2.kicks-ass.net/pics/OBD2to1ab2.jpg

just connect the distributor connector as the diagrams above, look at the last photo of the ecu connectors as that is what you will have. connect pin 4 to the 5th wire you have from the 6 pin connector.

NOTE, I nor OZHONDA DO NOT take any responsibility in you misunderstanding this information ( or the fact there could be an error ) and you causing dammage to your car.

[[d a n n y]]
08-08-2004, 12:44 AM
i dont think u can use the D serise harness into a B serise..motor..
or components

but i could b wrong research mate..

google..