PDA

View Full Version : Helmets

nvmee
19-10-2007, 10:14 AM
im still undecided on whether to get a bike or not, lets just say i bought a helmet now for a motorbike and later on get a car; would i be allopwed to use the same helmet when tracking?

some advice with helmets would be great too

honda_ek4
19-10-2007, 10:17 AM
yes you will.

Zilli
19-10-2007, 10:17 AM
yes... as long as it is an approved helment for the Australian Standard you will be fine

AKILYA666
19-10-2007, 10:22 AM
yeah as above. If you are going to buy a full face dont buy a cheap one with little to no venting or you will cook your head in no time even with the windows down. Try and get something with a washable liner aswell because if your wearing it alot they tend to get stinky real quick.

95civic
19-10-2007, 10:26 AM
I would say spend as much as you can on your helmet. There are huge differences between a $99 and a $1200 helmet, the fit, the safety standards and comfort change heaps! If you get yourself a good helmet to start with you can keep it for a while if you look after it.

dsp26
19-10-2007, 11:32 AM
anyone wanna post pics/specs/price of what they have?

Zdster
19-10-2007, 11:45 AM
the safety standards and comfort change heaps!

The safety standards dont tend to change - it is just a question of if the helmet meets the standard or not, and if it does meet the standard by how much does it exceed them.

In terms of comfort, all I can say is try on a million different helmets. Just because it is more expensive does not mean it will be more comfortable!

aaronng
19-10-2007, 12:27 PM
For the bike, I'd buy a good helmet like an Arai. Then I'd get a good riding suit, boots and a suitable bike backpack. You can't use your regular backpack when riding bikes (if you fall off and roll, you'll break your back). Don't skimp, I don't want a thread where we have to start posting RIPs.

If you decide not to get the bike but still want a helmet for the car, I'd buy a $80 THH one instead. Oh, and NEVER peel off the australian standards sticker that is on the helmet (nor cover it with another sticker)

95civic
19-10-2007, 01:19 PM
anyone wanna post pics/specs/price of what they have?

I have an Arai GP-5K and its a great helmet.

If people are serious I would highly reccomend arai and the new sparco helmets.

http://www.araihelmet-europe.com/php/page/CAR_show/images/GP-5K%20white.jpg

mrwillz
19-10-2007, 01:34 PM
can u wear a helmet in ur vehicle? on street

aaronng
19-10-2007, 02:25 PM

Cops can claim that the helmet obstructs peripheral vision.

Riced_Civic
19-10-2007, 03:36 PM

lol, i will laugh if i ever saw that on the streets.

not saying u do it. just in general it will be funny

Zdster
19-10-2007, 03:38 PM
lol, i will laugh if i ever saw that on the streets.

not saying u do it. just in general it will be funny

Why? It is no different to having a roll cage in a car.

aaronng
19-10-2007, 04:05 PM
Why? It is no different to having a roll cage in a car.

People find strange things funny. Everyone was staring at my friend when he was driving around in his car wearing a pair of yellow high-contrast ski-goggles.

Zdster
19-10-2007, 04:19 PM
People find strange things funny. Everyone was staring at my friend when he was driving around in his car wearing a pair of yellow high-contrast ski-goggles.

I assume he was wearing them for better vision?

aaronng
19-10-2007, 04:48 PM
I assume he was wearing them for better vision?

Yup, it's the same thing as those driving glasses with the yellow lens. Just that his was goggles.