PDA

View Full Version : Any other euro's sitting on 20's please post a pic

Miz_II_Die_IV
19-10-2007, 05:41 PM
Hi guys, guy wondering if anyone else has got 20's on there car... can u post up. Also how low did u go....
I have recently been having problems with my wheels.... When i get up to about 93km.... it seems like my car shakes abit.... as in the steering wheel shakes and it doesnt seem like a smooth ride. But when i try to accelerate over to arounmd 110km it doesnt shake as much. ALso. If i am driving about 90km and i step on the accelerator harder than usual then my car shakes hard as in it needs to pull but it aint balanced or something. Also When i drive it seems like the wheels arent rolling smoothly... and i get this funny sound... it aint loud, but it jsut gets me paranoid and seems like the car isnt running smoothly... Am i the only one getting this or is it normal. Anyone with 20's , please gimme ur input... Much appreciated. BTW sorry if it not making alot of sense its really ahrd to explain....

yfin
19-10-2007, 07:55 PM
Could be wheel balance, could be rubbing, could be you didn't fit hub centric rims when you fitted aftermarket alloys. Just a couple of things to look at.

Miz_II_Die_IV
19-10-2007, 11:11 PM
Could be wheel balance, could be rubbing, could be you didn't fit hub centric rims when you fitted aftermarket alloys. Just a couple of things to look at.

Well ive had them re-balanced like 4 times, rubbing, i dont think so becos i have hear anything, and also the centre hubs, i'd be guessing there is some on there since i took it to 2 different places.... So my question is does anyon else have 20's tho its or normal and is it just my 20's if so im gonna bring it bak to were i got them n let them no my 2 cents... dont wanna look like an idiot going down there if thats wat it has to do!

sameol3
20-10-2007, 01:15 AM
well ive had that shaking problem also when surpassing 90 + km/h and doesnt shake as much past 110... im not sitting on 20's but im sitting on 18's....rubbing definitely aint a problem since i havent lowered it yet.... i've installed hub centic rings and they sorta helped abit..... i also changed to tuner lug nuts since i have p1 rims... they all havent helped much... the only thing i can think of is the wheel balance themselves or the tyres u are using... im gonna be getting the re-balanced soon....

Question u said that you balanced them? did u do a wheel alignment too?

Miz_II_Die_IV
20-10-2007, 03:51 AM
no... i havent align them...do i need to it aint pulling to any side?

kenny
20-10-2007, 02:27 PM
it's most probably the wheel allignment.. i had the same issue with my car last time, and alligning it solves the problem.. i'm guessing it's the same as yours..

Atjo
20-10-2007, 04:11 PM
Are you sure that the hub centric rings fit perfectly on the rims? Even small gap betwen the ring and the rims can make the car shaking badly.

cutchorama
20-10-2007, 04:20 PM
pics!

tyrepower_adelaide
21-10-2007, 06:42 PM
ask the Tyre shops that balanced your wheels if the finger balanced your wheels.

i just put on a set of new wheels and cone balanced them. friday that is

shaked at 80 - 95 100 - 110

took back to work as i own a tyre shop. finger balanced my wheels no worries not one wobble.

give them a call and ask them.

TEMPTN
21-10-2007, 08:17 PM
hey mz2die4 im gonna guess its the hub rings on ur rims dont suit ur hubs or check if all 4 are on
my cars deck to the ground and i dont have any wobble problems
and for the noise diffent tyre brands makes noises on the road expicall nankang tyres makes noises
check if they are rotated properly
what 20s have u got
post pics of ur ride

johnprocter
21-10-2007, 08:25 PM
hey mz2die4 im gonna guess its the hub rings on ur rims dont suit ur hubs or check if all 4 are on
my cars deck to the ground and i dont have any wobble problems
and for the noise diffent tyre brands makes noises on the road expicall nankang tyres makes noises
check if they are rotated properly
what 20s have u got
post pics of ur ride

saw your ride parked on george st a couple weeks ago very nice :cool:

TEMPTN
21-10-2007, 09:06 PM
thanks bro :) havent driven it for a while now been sitting in garage tossing to sell or not