PDA

View Full Version : Bride bucket seat is Illegal?

rickyprawiro
20-10-2007, 12:28 PM
guys please help me , im confused with this ... ill already install a pair of Bride Exas 3 lowmax (non reclineable) on my s2000 but some of my friends said better take it off coz its illegal but some of them said its ok / legal for roadster car...
i dunno what should i do ? :confused: should i take it off to avoid problems?
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k255/rickyprawiro/depan.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k255/rickyprawiro/carsales1.jpg

shadou
20-10-2007, 12:34 PM
if it's not ADR approved then it's illegal.

vtek
20-10-2007, 01:13 PM
the best thing to do is to ring and make a general enquiry about it to your road transport place in your state.

euroasia
20-10-2007, 01:45 PM
were you just posting the picture to make people jealous?
you sneaky devil..

well it worked :( damn i like the look, don't think i'd like the comfort (or lack thereof)

ludecrs
20-10-2007, 01:49 PM
God I love the Feels sides.... So sexy from every angle.

I thought you were selling?

pboi
20-10-2007, 05:37 PM
leave the seats in. ive got a pair of bride seats im planning to put into an s2k maybe aswell.

in my s14 i've got bride seats and ive been defected heaps of times =)
but cops never mention anything about the seats.
but its really up to the police officer lol.

rickyprawiro
20-10-2007, 10:35 PM
its not feel comfy but can help me choose a slim girl by my side :D joking lol

rickyprawiro
20-10-2007, 10:38 PM
God I love the Feels sides.... So sexy from every angle.

I thought you were selling?

teah i try to sell my car next month ... coz i never use it...

WhiteAP1
21-10-2007, 12:30 PM
As long as the rails arent compromised or modified they should be fine.

dc2dc2dc2
21-10-2007, 12:54 PM
sexy car !
post more pics of it in appearance !

dundas
21-10-2007, 10:36 PM
tecnically they are illegal.
not many are actually legal..

[stealth]
21-10-2007, 11:19 PM
i reckon they're fine aslong as the rails are legit...
it is 2dr roadster after all....

rickyprawiro
21-10-2007, 11:55 PM
thanks guys... i used original bride rail n brackets for ap1 ... i hope mr policeman can understand :)

[stealth]
22-10-2007, 02:56 AM
just worry about it IF it ever happens...
you should be fine tho!
btw, they look awesome :D

WhiteAP1
22-10-2007, 08:53 PM
thanks guys... i used original bride rail n brackets for ap1 ... i hope mr policeman can understand :)

If u get asked, just tell Mr Policman that they are they original s2000 rails from honda and the seats just bolt/slide straight in............simple.

Si1enzio
22-10-2007, 09:22 PM
Pa kabar boss,
You can also say to Mr Policeman its factory seat. Tell him it is a sports car so its standard :p

.::F[L]Y::.
22-10-2007, 10:12 PM
most mods we do are illegal. seats look fantastic in the car. the car overall looks nice. could be abit lower imo

BRU51N
22-10-2007, 11:02 PM
Pa kabar boss,
You can also say to Mr Policeman its factory seat. Tell him it is a sports car so its standard :p

it was an option from factory :D

Black_DC5_R
22-10-2007, 11:56 PM
The reason some people will say they are illegal is the issue of fixed seats in 4 or 5 seat cars. The regulations say that they must be able to recline in oder to access and egress the rear seats. They ARE legal to put in a 4 or 5 seater, IF the rear seats are fully removed, AND the vehicle is re-registered as a 2 seater.

In a 2 seater, such as in your case, they are perfectly legal, as long as the genuine seat rails are used. Modified or custom rails are also acceptable, along with nothing being wrong with them, IF they are done correctly. In any case, custom rails should be inspected and signed off by an engineer, such as those used by compliance yards, who inspect the fitting of anti-intrusion bars.

The seats are legal in terms of safety too, as they would be taken off the market if they were not, as was the case of MOMO seats back about 6 years ago, when they were found to break in crashes. Which is why it is VERY wise to buy off a local authorized distributor who can inform you of this, or else they are liable for legal action taken due to their mis-information. None of this applies if you buy the cheap seats on the net, (see Ebay), which are made cheaply, commonly from China, which are designed and made with no regard for safety guidelines.

And on the lighter side of things, your friend is probably saying that because they are jealous! LOL

I love your seats and can't wait until my carbon Bride seats from Japan, they are taking WAY too long to arrive!!!

aznsiko
23-10-2007, 01:10 PM
Y::.;1398645']most mods we do are illegal. seats look fantastic in the car. the car overall looks nice. could be abit lower imo

most mods people do are illegal anyways.. and if nobody cared when carrying out those mods why should you care? lol.. i mate has a pair of fixed sparco seats in his civic.. seem to be fine so far.. haveent got any defects or anything..

but hey your car is a hot man..

nice work:thumbsup:

Malenic1981
23-10-2007, 06:36 PM
I heard it's illegal if it's 3door hatch, because of safety resons (people at the back cant get out??) but in S2K I think you should be fine

tegstar83
23-10-2007, 11:37 PM
Just get some of those snap on seat covers stupid cops wont be any the wiser

BlitZ
24-10-2007, 10:13 AM
no ADR approved = not legal.. not matter what brand.

Is there even an authorised bride dealer in OZ ? (never heard of one)

I say if the quality is > or on par with OEM I wouldn't worry too much about legality. I would be simply more concern with its safety..

ProDriver
25-10-2007, 01:53 PM
Nice care mate, what kit have you got on your s2k dude?

Bayani
25-10-2007, 02:01 PM
This answer is the winner.

The reason some people will say they are illegal is the issue of fixed seats in 4 or 5 seat cars. The regulations say that they must be able to recline in oder to access and egress the rear seats. They ARE legal to put in a 4 or 5 seater, IF the rear seats are fully removed, AND the vehicle is re-registered as a 2 seater.

In a 2 seater, such as in your case, they are perfectly legal, as long as the genuine seat rails are used. Modified or custom rails are also acceptable, along with nothing being wrong with them, IF they are done correctly. In any case, custom rails should be inspected and signed off by an engineer, such as those used by compliance yards, who inspect the fitting of anti-intrusion bars.

The seats are legal in terms of safety too, as they would be taken off the market if they were not, as was the case of MOMO seats back about 6 years ago, when they were found to break in crashes. Which is why it is VERY wise to buy off a local authorized distributor who can inform you of this, or else they are liable for legal action taken due to their mis-information. None of this applies if you buy the cheap seats on the net, (see Ebay), which are made cheaply, commonly from China, which are designed and made with no regard for safety guidelines.

And on the lighter side of things, your friend is probably saying that because they are jealous! LOL

I love your seats and can't wait until my carbon Bride seats from Japan, they are taking WAY too long to arrive!!!

SINISTR
25-10-2007, 02:54 PM
^^^^ I agree that answer is very correct.

What i'll add tho - most 'brand' seats like momo/sparco/bride are often FIA approved. And im of the belief if its FIA approved its WAY up above ADR approval...

irvinchua
04-11-2007, 06:51 PM
The folly of ADR is that even when another standard requires something to be of higher standard than it, compliance requires that that 'thing' be dumbded down to comply with ADR.

powerofdream
05-11-2007, 08:22 PM
which brand r these rims , r they work`s

FN2TypeR
05-11-2007, 08:56 PM
best looking red 2000 i've seen. rims are perfect. any lower and you'll ruin the whole image. perfect as is. seats are perfect. i say if you like it, then use the seats. if all else fails just close the roof.

speedracr
08-11-2007, 08:59 PM
You will need an engineer's certificate to be completely legal, even if the seats are ADR approved, the installation needs to be certified.

Bear in mind that the Authorities can defect you for a completely standard car if they wanted to; the onus is on you to prove its road worthiness.

I believe most signatories will approve of the seats in your car if you've used the matching rails.

albert107
14-11-2007, 12:11 AM
Semi bucket is all legall, but not on full bucket !

smoked1
15-11-2007, 12:58 PM
brides are not ADR approved.....:(

if u had them engineered, I believe it would be a different story:thumbsup:

WhiteAP1
15-11-2007, 01:16 PM
You will need an engineer's certificate to be completely legal, even if the seats are ADR approved, the installation needs to be certified.

Bear in mind that the Authorities can defect you for a completely standard car if they wanted to; the onus is on you to prove its road worthiness.

That certainly varies state to state. If they do defect your car (in victoria) they have to give you a reason. They also have to let the people at the testing bay know what you were defected for. U might think the police force and EPA are on the same side but i can gurantee you (in victoria) the EPA do not like having their time wasted by testing a stock cars all day. They also encourage you to take matters further if they feel you were targeted without cause.

albert107
18-11-2007, 01:27 AM
Nice car mate !

ludecrs
18-11-2007, 09:34 PM
too bad he sold it and didn't sell me a few things I would have liked to buy:p

NVD52K
30-11-2007, 09:41 AM
very nice car do u know where to get the carbon fibre lip from ?

markoJEK1
08-12-2007, 09:41 AM
sorry to be a bit off topic, but what does ADR and FIA actually stand for, always talked about it but never actually looked into it, what are they abbreviated for?

hondavti25
08-12-2007, 12:33 PM
how much is the engineers cert for new seats outa cruiosity?

Bayani
08-12-2007, 04:09 PM
sorry to be a bit off topic, but what does ADR and FIA actually stand for, always talked about it but never actually looked into it, what are they abbreviated for?

ADR = Australia Design Rules
FIA = Not sure, LOL :X The Equivilent Scheme to the ADR's but for a different country, as SINISTR said earlier, their standards are higher.

Bayani
08-12-2007, 04:11 PM
how much is the engineers cert for new seats outa cruiosity?

It does vary, expect $200-$350 for a Certificate for only your seats.

m0nty ITR
08-12-2007, 06:04 PM
ADR = Australia Design Rules
FIA = Not sure, LOL :X The Equivilent Scheme to the ADR's but for a different country, as SINISTR said earlier, their standards are higher.

It's the Federation Internationale de l'Automobile. The FIA is the worldwide motorsport governing body. ADR is Australian Design Rule. It applies to helmets, glass, the works. Pretty much anything to do with transport on our roads.

camakazi
09-12-2007, 04:45 AM
but to be legal in australia doesn't it have to be ADR approved no matter what. even if they are FIA approved they still have to be ADR approved from my understanding

cam

m0nty ITR
09-12-2007, 08:10 AM
but to be legal in australia doesn't it have to be ADR approved no matter what. even if they are FIA approved they still have to be ADR approved from my understanding

cam

Yes. For road use. But FIA applies to all motorsport events. A seat or roll cage can be FIA approved but not ADR approved meaning it's OK for track use, but not road use. That's essentially what happens during compliance of new cars. Under CAMS rules, non Australian complianced cars must be fitted with FIA approved roll cages.

camakazi
09-12-2007, 09:23 AM
yeah i thought it was somthing like that

yc89
12-12-2007, 09:52 AM
guys please help me , im confused with this ... ill already install a pair of Bride Exas 3 lowmax (non reclineable) on my s2000 but some of my friends said better take it off coz its illegal but some of them said its ok / legal for roadster car...
i dunno what should i do ? :confused: should i take it off to avoid problems?
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k255/rickyprawiro/depan.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k255/rickyprawiro/carsales1.jpg

your seat make all people jealous:p awesome

riceburner
05-04-2008, 07:42 PM
nice as

drsilliez
09-10-2010, 08:52 PM
wat front lip is that or is that the entire bumper bar ? and what side strakes are they? so hot....

kimnkk
10-10-2010, 02:59 PM
wat front lip is that or is that the entire bumper bar ? and what side strakes are they? so hot....

Looks like an Amuse lip. Wouldn't mind one, imo flows with the car and its pretty subtle.

ludecrs
10-10-2010, 04:33 PM

Amuse front lip
Custom carbon fibre splitter
Feels side skirts
Ings +1 rear bumper.

nicdevile
16-05-2012, 10:19 PM
Hello!!! Can anyone tell me where I can get a pair of Sparco seat bases? Also wanting to know is the American Sparco seat bases the same ones used for the Australian ones, ie if I ordered off Ebay for a pair of Sparco Seat for an AP1 from USA will it fit an Australian AP1? I got the seats and rails waiting for about 6 months now just dying to put them on...