PDA

View Full Version : Any1 gone from no resonator to CAI?

BiLL|z0r
21-10-2007, 07:15 AM
I currently have a K&N panel filter and removed the resonator. It gave a nice induction roar note and made the car a little more responsive.

I'm looking at a CAI or air box replacement and was wondering if I'm actually gonna feel any power difference? I realise it may be louder but that's not what I'm really after.

Also what other mods can anyone recommend for just a couple hundred or so? Power or suspension wise?

mugen88
21-10-2007, 07:38 AM
I currently have a K&N panel filter and removed the resonator. It gave a nice induction roar note and made the car a little more responsive.

I'm looking at a CAI or air box replacement and was wondering if I'm actually gonna feel any power difference? I realise it may be louder but that's not what I'm really after.

Also what other mods can anyone recommend for just a couple hundred or so? Power or suspension wise?

CAI will give a bit more top end power that you will notice but no significant gain low or mid range.

The most significant mod for a couple of hundred $$ with instant feel is a larger rear sway bar like the whiteline one, do a seach on this there is plenty of info.

beeza
21-10-2007, 09:56 AM
Stay away from Whiteline.

sodaz
21-10-2007, 11:55 AM
Stay away from Whiteline.

Because?

terryansimon
21-10-2007, 01:38 PM
dunno but a read of this thread may provide details as to why?
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77118

I wanted to get a RSB for my euro as well, but after this whole debacle, I'm a bit spoofed as to whether to get one and risk doing any potential underbody damage to the car.

tony1234
21-10-2007, 05:22 PM
If you run an 18mm RSB you should be right.I wouldn't go bigger,some of the guys on Acurazine have had problems with the 20 and 22mm RSBs.No one from what i understand have had any issues with the 18mm.Sorry off topic.:o

BiLL|z0r
21-10-2007, 05:56 PM
No, it's exactly on topic as I was thinking of an upgraded RSB and good to know these things. CAI is prolly out since I really don't rev high alllll the time and after a more daily driver mod.

Any other mods people would choose? How much (ball park) is a front camber kit?

sodaz
21-10-2007, 06:15 PM

I wanted to get a RSB for my euro as well, but after this whole debacle, I'm a bit spoofed as to whether to get one and risk doing any potential underbody damage to the car.

Ah i see!

I think you might get that problem if you have an excessively thick swaybar with stock suspension. The one for the Euro from Whiteline is 18mm and many of the forum members have it and as far as i know, none have encountered the problem of the subframe cracking. I've had mine for around 2 years now. Some US TSX owners have had that cracking problem but they had the much thicker 22mm Comptech swaybar.

beeza
21-10-2007, 06:16 PM
Upper Front and rear Strut Bars.
Cusco Brake Stopper.

sodaz
21-10-2007, 06:17 PM
No, it's exactly on topic as I was thinking of an upgraded RSB and good to know these things. CAI is prolly out since I really don't rev high alllll the time and after a more daily driver mod.

I'd get the Comptech Icebox if you want a good CAI for daily driving.

The front camber kit will cost you around $200-$300 landed.

Suntzu
21-10-2007, 07:14 PM
I got a whiteline RSB and its FRIGGEN Fantastic. No issues.

I also just put a Fujita CAI in with Ebay Stainless Steell topspeed cheapy headers.

im not sure how much the CAI makes in extra power but I can tell you the throttle response is better and the top end feels less restricted. It creates a bit of noise but Re: Sutzu's Mod log thread. cheers

CGPTSX006
22-10-2007, 02:18 PM
I totally recommend the Progress 22mm RSB with the stock endlinks even though I have an aftermarket endlinks didn't need to use it yet as the stock endlinks is fine I would say this is the best bang for your buck mod dollar for dollar. No problem or what so ever.

aaronng
22-10-2007, 02:20 PM
Send a PM to LXRY and ask him. He has it on his car.

aaronng
22-10-2007, 02:20 PM
Upper Front and rear Strut Bars.
Cusco Brake Stopper.
Stop shooting off a list of mods that don't even exist for the Euro.

aaronng
22-10-2007, 02:22 PM

The only problem with the whiteline 18mm is that some bars tend to rub against the bottom of your spare wheel well. It's a quality control problem. With regards to the subframe bracket tearing, only the Comptech 22mm with upgraded endlinks will give you this problem. Even if you had the Comptech 22mm with stock endlinks, the endlinks would break first before the bracket tears.

BTW, read the thread more, the problem with whiteline is not the swaybar, it's the reinforcement brackets.

BiLL|z0r
22-10-2007, 03:04 PM
What other RSB's have people got other than Whiteline? I'd prefer pay an extra few dollars for peace of mind as I seem to have bad luck in the mod world.

aaronng
22-10-2007, 03:29 PM
What other RSB's have people got other than Whiteline? I'd prefer pay an extra few dollars for peace of mind as I seem to have bad luck in the mod world.

There is Whiteline 18mm (which supposedly won't be made anymore), Comptech 22mm, Progress 22mm and a Selby 18mm (although I think you can get a thicker one as well, custom-made. PM McChook).

The Comptech and Progress are American, so you would get hit by a hefty shipping fee. I'd go Selby.

beeza
22-10-2007, 03:57 PM
Stop shooting off a list of mods that don't even exist for the Euro.

Ok ok.I didn't know...

They should :D

aaronng
22-10-2007, 04:09 PM
Ok ok.I didn't know...

They should :D

The way Honda designed the Accord Euro, it's all the odd angles and lack of existing mount points that you can't put in a brake stopper without drilling an extra hole into the suspension tower. And at the rear, you can't put in the rear strut brace because the parcel shelf gets in the way. The alternative is to design a brace with many bends and to cut the actual trim in the boot so you can go to the back and around the parcel shelf. Kind of defeats the purpose since having extra bends and length would just weaken the bar, requiring it to be thicker (and again will run into the lack of space).

tony1234
22-10-2007, 04:28 PM
I've got a Selby 18mm RSB,16 mths.all good.:thumbsup:They custom make them.I got it from his son Greg Selby at Kirrawee but i noticed recently he'd closed down.:confused:You can try Kmac at Rockdale,they're allright for swaybars,i've had theirs on a number of cars that i've previously owned inc. Hondas and had no problems.

BiLL|z0r
22-10-2007, 05:31 PM
Are they hard to install or should I get it done at my local suspension joint?

aaronng
22-10-2007, 06:03 PM
Are they hard to install or should I get it done at my local suspension joint?

You need either 2 jackstands and a very tall jack, or 4 jackstands and a jack that can go up to 500mm. If you don't have this and don't plan to do many DIYs in the future, just get it installed at the suspension place.

tony1234
22-10-2007, 06:20 PM
You need either 2 jackstands and a very tall jack, or 4 jackstands and a jack that can go up to 500mm. If you don't have this and don't plan to do many DIYs in the future, just get it installed at the suspension place.
Fulcrum suspension sell Selby bars.They're up your way Bill-zor.Try them.

BiLL|z0r
22-10-2007, 07:12 PM
Thanks, I know a fulcrum dealer.

BiLL|z0r
23-10-2007, 03:28 PM
After looking at Whitelines web site it appears they have a share in Selby anyway as it's meantioned a few times.