PDA

View Full Version : BAttery dyin problem

Fo55il
21-10-2007, 02:06 PM
hi pplz - i gota problem wid my abttery dying all d tym - if i dun drive my car for 2 days or so my battery becomes weak - it dun die completely casue i can just get d engien to turn over jsut not start 100%

any idea why ?

aaronng
21-10-2007, 02:17 PM
Do you have an amp?

AKILYA666
21-10-2007, 03:30 PM
get your alternator checked. And ya battery. usaully bob jane can check ya battery for free.

Fo55il
21-10-2007, 03:42 PM
nope - i got amp cables but they r disonnected. could it be cause i have no light in d interioir light ? or could it be cause i think one of the butons for d doors is broken. d one that detectsd wether d door is closed or not ?

AKILYA666
21-10-2007, 03:52 PM
nope - i got amp cables but they r disonnected. could it be cause i have no light in d interioir light ? or could it be cause i think one of the butons for d doors is broken. d one that detectsd wether d door is closed or not ?

If the interior light was missing it wouldn't complete a circuit so it wouldnt drain your battery. How often do you drive your car, is it mainly at night or day, how old is your battery, you should get it replaced every 2-3 years.

Fo55il
21-10-2007, 03:58 PM
nah battery is fine reason being cause i sto; it from my mrs car - hah a mirage

my batter y died n i gota battery from my cuzz from his magna i think - it dint fit cause d hood wouldnt close so i put taht in d mirage n took d mirage battery-

Boban
21-10-2007, 04:04 PM
Either your alternator is rooted (not charging the battery) or you got something that's staying on but should be off (like an amp, cd player, neon lights etc...) i had a similar problem, i connected an fm transmitter and the next morning my car wouldn't start because the little shit brained the battery, i wired it up to a constant instead of an accessory wire :( n00b, but yeah doesn't have to be big to drain your battery

Fo55il
21-10-2007, 04:11 PM
atm - i dun have anythin in d car - no neons no cd player no nothin - D battery does charge!!! but it gets drained - if i jump start it n then drive fora bit , it will start if i start it soon. but say if its d next day then it wont start. i hafta jump it again .

theres no way of finding out besides rippin erthin out?

Phuong1987
21-10-2007, 04:24 PM
Hey man, get your alternator check out.

1. Start the car.
2.Take your positive lead of the battery.

After taking off the positive lead and the engine turns off, that means your alternator is gone yo, if it remains on, theres nothing wrong with the alternator

Fo55il
21-10-2007, 04:29 PM
but it does work - reason being that after i jump start - i drive fora bit n when i stop i can turn it on -

Spunkymonkey
21-10-2007, 04:57 PM
its probably your alarm if you have one....

I had that problem for years....one part of the alarm was replaced....helped...but then kept doing it....replace the whole alarm..problem fixed...

steve88
21-10-2007, 04:59 PM
so something is either draining it while its off. or his alternator is doing a half assed job (just cause it starts when your car has been jump started and then turned off then on doesnt mean it charges fully).
alternators are cheap arent they?

Fo55il
21-10-2007, 05:02 PM
hmmm - ye could be - well atm i got this charging thing on, powerpoint to battery. so it will tell me when its charged completely.

in regards to STEVE88 i driven d car gor liek hours n d bettery is charged quitea bit- when i go t oa freinds n leave after half an hour d car will start - btu d next day it will give trouble ...

steve88
21-10-2007, 05:06 PM
you sure ur alternator is charging it all the way? components dont just work and not work, they do half assed jobs. especially if they are starting to wear out. does your car have an alarm? try unplugging that too (garage your car if you do this so it doesnt get nicked haha)

Fo55il
21-10-2007, 05:09 PM
lol - dw chances of sum1` takin my car is low - they gotta jump start it lol

mmmm i dun think i gotan alarm - cause theres no speaker under d hood.

steve88
21-10-2007, 05:16 PM
next too your steering wheel u know that nob u can dim/brighten the intensity of light on your deck. is there a light next to it (red one?). not all alarms have speakers, some are just immobilisers (if its some pro@life one)

Fo55il
21-10-2007, 05:19 PM
na no light - dats what im sayin tho - but i should get a electrician to look at it .

p.s i disconnected battery n car stayed on

aaronng
21-10-2007, 07:29 PM
Go and buy a new battery. AC delco or Supercharge gold for $90.

Being a battery from a Mirage, I reckon it would be a few years old.

Fo55il
21-10-2007, 07:40 PM
well il kno 2moro --- battery was changed this year in d mirage tho ....

ill tell u guys 2moro or d day after

lmfamglia
21-10-2007, 08:05 PM
could it be that your battery needs some distilled water?

aaronng
21-10-2007, 08:12 PM
^^ ahh, yeah. That's important and should be checked first. :thumbsup:

Is the wire from your battery to the negative terminal and the ground cable from the rocker cover to the chassis in good condition?

Limited
21-10-2007, 09:37 PM
my ls integra had a similar problem... check your water level by doing this (got from google):

Interstate low-maintenance batteries have removable vent caps, which may be pried off with a flat-head screwdriver. Once removed, you will see individual vent wells. Look down into each individual cell to make sure that the water is covering the lead plates and is at the proper level. Add water to any cells that are low on water. Always use distilled water to fill the battery in order to prevent chemicals from contaminating the battery. Be careful not to overfill the vent wells. The fluid should cover the lead plates in the battery and be no higher than 1/8 inch below the bottom of the vent well.

After doing this charge your battery for a good 24 hours.