PDA

View Full Version : Water temp,oil pressure gauge

tekung89
21-10-2007, 07:57 PM
does anyone know how to install a water temp and oil pressure gauge to an EG?

dc2-forshizzle
21-10-2007, 08:05 PM
water temp you'll need an adapter plate between one of the coolant hoses. The best way for an oil pressure or any oil gauge is a sandwich plate between where the oil filter sits. The adapter plate i'd assume would just be a universal one while the sandwich plate must be one made for your vehicle.

Limbo
21-10-2007, 11:27 PM
if you do not use the sandwich plate, you can also use an adaptor on when the OEM oil pressure sensor, a T piece, that is how i have mine, it gives a better reading also.

I use the factory water temp but its is as above

tekung89
22-10-2007, 10:30 AM
thankx guys, yeh was jus thinkin since i have them lying around that i might aswell put them in, but it might be jus too trouble some atm so i'll probably get someone else to install it

JasonGilholme
22-10-2007, 10:43 AM
i don't reccomment the T piece in the block idea. Thats why i had to pull my engine out. Cause the T piece snapped upon removal.

Water temp sensor can be put in the thermostat housing as well. A good workshop can thread your OEM thermostat housing for you.

DLO01
22-10-2007, 10:50 AM
No Jase, I think your mixing it up. You don't want it in the thermostat housing. Its on the bottom hose which is after your radiator. After its been cooled.

Either put it in those adaptors you get for your top hose. Or put it in the housing on the motor, on the top hose. This is where I have mine. This give you the hotest temp your water is as it exits the motor before it gets to the radiator.

DLO01
22-10-2007, 10:52 AM
But yeh, Oil pressure use a sandwich plate, you can also put your oil temp in there somtime too. :thumbsup:

JasonGilholme
22-10-2007, 11:02 AM
No Jase, I think your mixing it up. You don't want it in the thermostat housing. Its on the bottom hose which is after your radiator. After its been cooled.

Either put it in those adaptors you get for your top hose. Or put it in the housing on the motor, on the top hose. This is where I have mine. This give you the hotest temp your water is as it exits the motor before it gets to the radiator.

haha ahh ok. my bad.

I still reckon on the housing for the top hose rather then the adaptor in the raditor hose way. :thumbsup:

DLO01
22-10-2007, 11:08 AM
Yeh, I knew you knew.... :p

Yeh, especially if you have some Spesh blue Spoon hoses. Don't want to cut in to them with the adaptor.

Plus having the sensor in the top housing looks Oem & neater too.