PDA

View Full Version : Cranking sound on right front wheel

Globby
22-10-2007, 07:49 AM
Hey guys. I bought a '96 civic Vti 3 months ago and have been driving since. Lately there's this cranking sound on the right front wheel of my car. The sound can only be heard whenever u hit the break or going through a hump. Would it be because of the absorber?Did it break or something?I hope someone can shed a light to this problem?Thanks everyone! :thumbsup:

xntrik
22-10-2007, 08:40 AM
Hey guys. I bought a '96 civic Vti 3 months ago and have been driving since. Lately there's this cranking sound on the right front wheel of my car. The sound can only be heard whenever u hit the break or going through a hump. Would it be because of the absorber?Did it break or something?I hope someone can shed a light to this problem?Thanks everyone! :thumbsup:

Cranking, as in screeching
or cranking as in, scraping?

Globby
22-10-2007, 08:55 AM
Thanks for ur reply dude. Its neither but more like a tapping sound. Does that ring any bell?

94vtirozguy
22-10-2007, 09:01 AM
could be a loose bolt. retorque all bolts in the suspenion to spec.

Also check the bolts on your on and around the calipers

applio
22-10-2007, 02:48 PM
i guess sharp the disk will help you to fix this problem, my car got the same problem with you, when i hit the brake, noice comes out, specially when you down to around 30kmh - 10kmh, i can clearly hear the noice... after i sharp both the disk, noice gone.

aaronng
22-10-2007, 03:16 PM
Probably something caught in between the rotor and pads.