PDA

View Full Version : CRX conversion B18C / H22a?

CRXChris
22-10-2007, 09:35 AM
Hi all,

Noob so bear with me if I could have found this info elsewhere.

Looking to do a conversion into my 92 CRX. From what I've read the H22a conversion is a more affordable option than the B18C? Any comments?

And can anyone point me to where I might get one and get the conversion done? Can anyone quote me?

Chris.

SeverAMV
22-10-2007, 10:44 AM
Hi all,

Noob so bear with me if I could have found this info elsewhere.

Looking to do a conversion into my 92 CRX. From what I've read the H22a conversion is a more affordable option than the B18C? Any comments?

And can anyone point me to where I might get one and get the conversion done? Can anyone quote me?

Chris.

h22a is more torquey due to the extra displacement, but it weighs more and will probably destroy your weight balance. i believe it also requires some modification to the chassis to fit it, and maybe some mods to the firewall.
b18c will give you similar power if you get the right one, and wont mess up your weight balance as much. should be reasonably easy to convert.

TheFranchise
22-10-2007, 10:58 AM
Are you talking about the B18C7, as in the Type R engine, or the VTiR B18C?

If your talking about the Type R engine, then the H22A will be a cheaper engine to purchase, yet probably cost alot more to install, and as SeverAMV saidl, it'll put your weight balance outta whack...

IMO, go the B18.

fatboyz39
22-10-2007, 02:53 PM
What motor you got in your current engine bay?

SeverAMV
22-10-2007, 05:37 PM

i've still got a stocko d15b dual carb. cant find any reason to ditch it yet, and cant justify the 5k+ conversion to a b16a. plus, for a carburettor motor, the d15b dual carb goes pretty well.

panda[cRx]
22-10-2007, 09:02 PM
b18c/h22a won't make THAT much of a difference balance wise.

h22a parts will be cheaper to source than b18cr, but you will need custom engine mounts and most likely some other custom bits.

b series is pretty much just bolt in (other than messing around with the efi stuff which u'd need to do for h22a anyway)

i_own_you
23-10-2007, 01:59 AM

i believe he has a b16a2 considering he has a 92 CRX (gen3)

anywhos,
from my knowledge, it would be the first (not entirely if you consider online CRX drag car) if you go ahead with a h22a.

so i say u go for it just to be different.

vtegra
24-10-2007, 12:34 AM
i have brand new h22 mounts that u can use on ur car.. cheap..
go for h22 swap. u wont be dissapointed