PDA

View Full Version : Accord 98/99 Headlights

drunkntigr
23-10-2007, 02:50 AM
Left headlight on parents late 98 model Accord (I believe you all refer to it as the one made in America, not the one made in Japan with the lower hood, the form that was before the Euro) has been out for months now.

I'm assuming it's not that illegal to drive without headlights.

I'm looking at getting HIDs for it, however I'm assuming getting a pair of OEM halogen replacements will cost me $10 vs $200 for HIDs.

Anybody care to share their experiences with the Accord Headlights?

Sensei
23-10-2007, 01:25 PM
Sylvania Silverstars - 9006 globes will give you a good compromise. They're very bright and the beam spread is nice too. And unlike aftermarket blue-ish tinge bulbs these are not high wattage bulbs. The only problem is that they're kinda hard to find in the 9006 application.

IS250
23-10-2007, 05:38 PM
I've got Philips Blue Vision in one side and the stock ones in the other side. Theres a noticeable difference in appearance but on road light is fairly similar, the Blue visions are a bit duller overall I think.

Probably wouldn't recommend HIDs, unless you want your parents explaining to the cops why their lights are blinding everyone haha. Accords have reflectors so the light from HIDs would just scatter everywhere.

SiReal
04-11-2007, 07:07 PM
I have Polarg Hybrid B1s in 4300K - so thats just pure white.

Anything more and it becomes 'rights' - rice + lights

Pretty good visibility at night time.

Costs around $80 from traders. I picked mine up brand new for $50 whilst in Japan.

4ccord98
17-11-2007, 11:04 PM
hey man, im a newb to ozhonda, I also drive a 98 accord! You should get a set of HID:thumbsup:, makes the car look new!