PDA

View Full Version : Euro Lux HID adjustment

TRaNz
23-10-2007, 11:53 AM
Hey guys, this may be a nub question but, recently installing the Tein SS, the auto HID leveler was disconnected. Basically not in use anymore.
Now the car is slightly lower at the front, which made teh HID low beam lights seem to point to the ground a bit more.
Just wanted to know how do i make them aim up a little more.
Yeah im missing the days of blinding people :p jks

Any help would be great.

Cheers.

Merlin086
23-10-2007, 01:01 PM
Had the same problem...

There's a small black knob on the rear of the HID cover, you can twist this to adjust, it is a bit tight, or you can put a small screwdriver into the hole next to it to turn the adjustment dial from the inside via the notched wheel.

Just park the car level against a wall and take adjust them up a even amount, remembering to keep the drivers side slightly lower.

big jim
23-10-2007, 05:22 PM
You can also disconnect the battery for half an hour then reconnect and self levelers re-learn light position.

aaronng
23-10-2007, 05:39 PM
Had the same problem...

There's a small black knob on the rear of the HID cover, you can twist this to adjust, it is a bit tight, or you can put a small screwdriver into the hole next to it to turn the adjustment dial from the inside via the notched wheel.

Just park the car level against a wall and take adjust them up a even amount, remembering to keep the drivers side slightly lower.

Can you take a pic of the adjustment knob and wheel for him? I tried directing him to the hole for adjustment but he says that there is nothing in there.

aaronng
23-10-2007, 05:39 PM
You can also disconnect the battery for half an hour then reconnect and self levelers re-learn light position.

No, it doesn't work that way. It doesn't relearn any positions. Anyway his sensor arms are tied up because there isn't a mount point for it on the SS and Ingalls camber kit.

TRaNz
23-10-2007, 05:46 PM
yeah is it possible you could put up a pic Merlin? Aaron tried to show me, but i spose im just really really slow/sto0pid..... I really dont want to have to raise the fron of my car, i like it scraping things.

aaronng
23-10-2007, 05:59 PM
Remember to replace the missing clip from the undertray. The whole undertray will cost over $200.

Eddie
23-10-2007, 09:10 PM
i had an issue where one light is higher than the other
didn't know how to adjust.
apparently in the manual it say there's a HID switch but i can't find it anywhere. does it come with a switch on the 2003 model lux.

i'll keep an eye out for a black switch now hahaha

aaronng
23-10-2007, 10:30 PM
No HID level switch on Aus-spec. That is for european-spec Accord Euros.

Eddie
23-10-2007, 10:45 PM
So the only way to adjust the light is with that black knob?

TRaNz
24-10-2007, 12:43 AM
AAAaaaa, Merlin, where are ya buddy i need assistance with that pic,...LOL

Merlin086
24-10-2007, 09:12 AM
AAAaaaa, Merlin, where are ya buddy i need assistance with that pic,...LOL

OK...here's a pic looking to the front of the car on the passenger side, the drivers is a bit harder to get at. Remember, just twist the knob at the back.

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/8556/hidadjfo0.th.jpg (http://img145.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hidadjfo0.jpg)
I have put a orange sticker on the adjuster to 4 U 2 locate it easy.

Don't forget to have the drivers side a bit lower the way HID's come adjusted from the factory, to save blinding oncomers and having a head-on!

Just don't point them at the trees when u first adjust like I did!..lol

Pumped
24-10-2007, 09:44 AM
:-) Handy thread, just got coilovers installed myself
I was thinking id fashion up some sort of bracket to fix the arm adjustments to the coilover & ingalls Camber kit but i think this is an easier way for me to do the adjustments :)

TRaNz
24-10-2007, 09:47 PM
Awesome Merlin your awesome man, yeah i adjusted me HIDs, now they are like 45 degrees higher.....well ok not 45 degrees, but they seem higher and yeah, ill just wait until ppl start high beaming me :p
Anywho, i will adjust them accordingly soon, its just there was the other knob/crown gear infront of the battery just under the resonator pipes. Is that the focus one? i turned it one way and the other could tell the diff....LOL

luv_psi
25-10-2007, 12:52 PM
just a quick question......if the front leveler is connected and the rear isnt, is there still need for manual adjustment or will the auto leveler still work?

aaronng
25-10-2007, 04:32 PM
No it won't work. :)

LXRY
29-10-2007, 09:43 PM
hehe..........thought about it alot just didn't know how to do this. Does anybody know how to adjust properly, obviously they can't be too high.

Was reading old thread I started ages ago regarding my lights being too high, remembered a "saxon" from usa mention cut off and procedure but NOT sure if this was right, can anyone vouch for this or if they know the correct procedure please..........;)

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48487&highlight=high

revivor
11-10-2008, 10:22 PM
OK...here's a pic looking to the front of the car on the passenger side, the drivers is a bit harder to get at. Remember, just twist the knob at the back.

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/8556/hidadjfo0.th.jpg (http://img145.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hidadjfo0.jpg)
I have put a orange sticker on the adjuster to 4 U 2 locate it easy.

Don't forget to have the drivers side a bit lower the way HID's come adjusted from the factory, to save blinding oncomers and having a head-on!

Just don't point them at the trees when u first adjust like I did!..lol

Sorry to dig up an old tread.

To lower my beam, should i twist the nob below the orange sticker? or the whole nob itself? Anyone could help?

I'm trying to lower my beam just a little...Thx.

TRaNz
11-10-2008, 10:33 PM
the way i did it was, where that orange sticker is, theres a hole on that round knob looking thing, and in that hole you can see the cog-gears ( wateva they're called ). i just got a long flat head screwdriver and turned the cog-gear thingy in it. ( yeah i know i fail with naming parts correctly, my bads ).

George euro
12-10-2008, 12:12 AM
lol i have the opposite problem because the rear is so low compared to the front my HID face higher and every1 flashes me wen i drive as if i have high beams on lol

revivor
12-10-2008, 10:59 AM
the way i did it was, where that orange sticker is, theres a hole on that round knob looking thing, and in that hole you can see the cog-gears ( wateva they're called ). i just got a long flat head screwdriver and turned the cog-gear thingy in it. ( yeah i know i fail with naming parts correctly, my bads ).

thought there were no hole in that thing when i last looked..i'll check again. Is there a screw inside to turn?

Merlin086
12-10-2008, 11:08 AM
The knob is on a shaft that has teeth on it, so you slot the screwdriver into the teeth from the side and turn a few notches at a time.
Easier if you can get a good grip on the knob and just turn that, you just need strong fingers.

TRaNz
12-10-2008, 11:19 AM
using Merlin's pic agains, ive circled it....like poorly...LOL

Light green cirlce is that hole where you use the flat head screwdriver to turn the gear.
Light blue circle is the knob u can use as an alternative to turn the gear. Just perhaps a tad more harder to turn at times.

http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/9718/hidadjfo0rsed4.jpg

.QD
12-10-2008, 11:21 AM
btw, on tein's u can transfer the oem front hid sensor mount. when i got my ingalls camber kit, they made a mount for the rear. couldnt transfer the oem mount on my buddyclub so when i get time ill make a ghetto mount for the front.

but yeah i have the same problem, lo-beam points down.

revivor
12-10-2008, 01:13 PM
Got it lowered by a few mm. Will test it out 1st before going any further.
Thanks for the help guys.

s4029768
10-11-2008, 03:54 PM
thanks guys this thread is really helpfull

ExpressCoffee
30-08-2013, 11:52 PM
Sorry for the thread revival, but does this apply for CU2 Euro's as well?

Was looking at Tein SS coils.. would I have to do anything to level the light?