PDA

View Full Version : Mugen-tuned Honda Fit To Hit Tokyo

ShAwNeX
23-10-2007, 05:47 PM
http://www.worldcarfans.com/9071023.002/mugen-tuned-honda-fit-to-hit-tokyo

A Fit 'without limits' joins the line-up at the Tokyo Show in the coming days with the premiere of tuning firm Mugen Motorsport's version of Honda's 2008 model Fit. Engine tuner and parts manufacturer Mugen, the name of which translates to 'without limits', was founded in 1973 by the son of Honda Motor Company's founder Soichiro Honda and remains closely associated with the car maker to this day.

Sales of the Fit start this Friday in Japan and so the opportunity to grab the attention of potential bodykit buyers at the Tokyo Show is high, with visitor numbers estimated to be in excess of 1.5 million. Mugen offer the styling enhancements as seperate entities in themselves, but the full works, according to Mugen's Japanese-only website, costs a smidgen under 200,000 yen, equating to some $1,750.

There are two Mugen-styled Fits. The first, the RS (painted yellow in photos), does away with the Honda 'boomerang' grille, instead favouring a more slender 'sports grille' design. Stylish front fog lights built into a redesigned lower air intake and bumper arrangement are added, while via new sideskirts, a raised rear tailgate spoiler and elegantly-integrated angular chrome exhausts are welcome additions to a remoulded rear end.

The (sky blue) L/G Mugen Fit essentially jazzes up the Fit without quite the expense of an RS kit. The 118,000 yen ($1,025) upgrade adds a host of understated but sporty spoilers from a new front under spoiler and side spoilers to a rear under spoiler and rear wing, as available on the RS. The grille receives an update, too.

The Mugen Fit gets a little more athletic with performance upgrades to complement the entry-level 98 hp 1.3-litre iVTEC engine. Both versions are available with sports suspension, a quick shifter, a sports exhaust system and new brake pads. Interior upgrades include the addition of sports pedals and assist meters.

aaronng
23-10-2007, 06:01 PM
A pity the engine is still not "without limits".

jeffske
23-10-2007, 06:08 PM
thats hot

DreadAngel
23-10-2007, 07:18 PM
*taps impatiently for a Fit-R*

ShAwNeX
24-10-2007, 07:59 AM
A pity the engine is still not "without limits".

I guess we're just gonna have to wait until the CR-Z concept is released. Cause I think that's suppose to be a small "without limit" car, rather then a small cheap car.

z3lda
25-10-2007, 01:08 PM
cosmestically tuned and nothing more.

dundas
27-10-2007, 03:21 PM
wow, id tap that fit...
:D
I think i would pay that extra lil bit to get the RS addition to the fit... looks very smooth and sleek..nice sporty small car appeal :)

gumbel
29-10-2007, 01:18 AM
get that one, and put another 15k for the k20 :) :thumbsup::thumbsup:

koj
29-10-2007, 08:15 AM
wasnt the mugen fit r prototype an all out k20?