PDA

View Full Version : What happened to freedom of speech?

whispy
23-10-2007, 06:55 PM
To the person/s that removed my post about "**** being a thief" shame on you! Do you want people to be ripped off? Or is just that you are in with him and protecting him! Whatever I dont really care as now I think this site is SHIT!

yfin
23-10-2007, 06:56 PM
It is called defamation and you should really get some legal advice before you say someone is a thief

bennjamin
23-10-2007, 06:58 PM
please take the issue up with ebay , and if so the police too.

But if you are defaming him without 100% proof this is not allowed to post defamation comments.

best of luck.

Zdster
23-10-2007, 06:59 PM
LOL - you signed up this month just to write that. Wow.

In regards to freedom of speech, there is no such thing in Australian law:
"The Australian Constitution does not have any express provision relating to freedom of speech."

whispy
23-10-2007, 07:00 PM
It is called defamation and you should really get some legal advice before you say someone is a thief
How about I know he is a thief and you should let people know about this guy! I should what I want bud!! STOP PROTECTING YOUR MATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!:thumbdwn:

bennjamin
23-10-2007, 07:06 PM
he isnt OUR MATE.

This is the real world and you need 100% rock hard evidence before you point fingers at ANYONE.
Calm down , stop being so paranoid and get all teh evidence you can towards this person and get a solicitor.

whispy
23-10-2007, 07:21 PM
he isnt OUR MATE.

This is the real world and you need 100% rock hard evidence before you point fingers at ANYONE.
Calm down , stop being so paranoid and get all teh evidence you can towards this person and get a solicitor.

DOn't tell me I'm paranoid. Do you even know what it means! I have all the evidence I need bud that he is taking money from others under false pretenses. How about that I dont have my part I paid for months ago! How about that numerous other people dont have anything to show for their money! How about that he regularly changes his name online! Is that enough evidence for you. WAKE UP! The vic consumer affairs has been notified! Definately not spending anymore on a solicitor! But I will make sure that he can never do it to anyone else with any information I can dig up on this scumbag!!!!!!!!!!!

yfin
23-10-2007, 07:31 PM
DOn't tell me I'm paranoid. Do you even know what it means! I have all the evidence I need bud that he is taking money from others under false pretenses. How about that I dont have my part I paid for months ago! How about that numerous other people dont have anything to show for their money! How about that he regularly changes his name online! Is that enough evidence for you. WAKE UP! The vic consumer affairs has been notified! Definately not spending anymore on a solicitor! But I will make sure that he can never do it to anyone else with any information I can dig up on this scumbag!!!!!!!!!!!

I think you need to understand a little bit more about the law. Whilst users posts are their own Ozhonda can still be drawn into defamation proceedings by the other user you claim is a thief. Has that person been convicted of theft? Didn't think so... so there was a legitimate basis for me to be concerned about your post.

Moreover, why should the owner of this not for profit web site pay money or become bankrupt because of your little battle? It has nothing to do with free speech - it is to ensure this site keeps going and to avoid being drawn into legal proceedings.

Ultimately what you post is your own, and we can't review every post - but a moderator still has a discretion to remove posts contrary to the rules.

Not that you will even bother to read it - but here are the site rules you should review carefully:

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/legal.php

By the way if you think I am exagerating the seriousness of what I am posting - recently the Whirlpool forum was sued over comments by a member about a software company. The case was eventually dropped but I can assure you that it still wasted the time and money of that website.

So goodluck with your battle but we have no interest in being drawn into your allegations about someone being a con man.

whispy
23-10-2007, 07:54 PM
See there you go again being a smart arse! I agreed with what your wrote and done with arguing with you about this but then you have to end it with "wild allegations" and just piss me off more! They might be allegations but they are definately not wild! They are documented allegations! Zip it! ENOUGH SAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

whispy
23-10-2007, 07:56 PM
You were quick to change that last sentence! Wouldnt want to defame me!

bennjamin
23-10-2007, 07:58 PM
AS said before , calm down mate.
We respect you have been ripped off and are trying to help - but this will not get you anywhere.
As mentioned , contact your solicitor and police etc with your "documented allegations" and take it from there.

yourfather
23-10-2007, 08:03 PM
hi dickhead, maybe before running your mouth off, try and stop being so emotional about it all. that might save you from getting a shit rep

yfin
23-10-2007, 08:03 PM
See there you go again being a smart arse! I agreed with what your wrote and done with arguing with you about this but then you have to end it with "wild allegations" and just piss me off more! They might be allegations but they are definately not wild! They are documented allegations! Zip it! ENOUGH SAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You claim the person is a con man and a thief. You named not only their user name but stated their full name and where they work. If you think that is legitimate start up your own web site and make your own rules. The rules we have here are to protect the website and administrators.

Accordingly, I deleted your thread. So good luck with your complaint but it is not getting further on Ozhonda.