PDA

View Full Version : Civic 06/07 Foglamps for VTi/VTi-L... anyone order these?

JaCe
23-10-2007, 10:44 PM
Just wondering if anyone has ordered the optional foglamps for the VTi or VTi-L models. If so, please tell me (or better yet, take a photo?) of the switch inside the car?

I'm curious if it's a toggle switch on the buttons console on the right of the wheel (not sure what else you call that bay of empty switches) or if it's like the Sport which is located on the stalk.

Cheers.
jc.

Shimian
23-10-2007, 10:49 PM
its integrated on the stick where the hi/low beams are. Theres like a turning style switch about 1/4 way down. Only comes on if parker lights are on, so you cant drive with foggies only

Joele
23-10-2007, 10:51 PM
I haven't got mine yet, but I was told I would get a new stalk with it.. (Vti)

destrukshn
23-10-2007, 10:53 PM
its on the stalk.
oh btw, i would kindly recommend staying away from aftermarket ones, seen the swiches fail, and a poor design, which doesn't make fitment that great, and off, also the adjustment for it, is pretty useless.
lol.

ryanc
23-10-2007, 11:35 PM
anywhere outside of honda we can source the oem foglights (with all parts) so we can install ourself?

or is it possible to purchase from honda themself without installation?

just wondering what's the cheapest way to get foggies on.

Joele
23-10-2007, 11:58 PM
Ryanc: PM destrukshn just above you ^^^

destrukshn
24-10-2007, 09:14 PM
of course you can buy ity without honda installing it.
when you buy it you get all the parts

you also, get the instructions to install from honda in the box when you buy the foglights
lol.

JaCe
24-10-2007, 09:39 PM
lol i'm just currently debating whether or not to spring for the genuine OEM ones. only catch is i don't have much $$ atm ><

destrukshn
24-10-2007, 10:02 PM
lol i'm just currently debating whether or not to spring for the genuine OEM ones. only catch is i don't have much $$ atm ><
my advice, go for genuine for the reasons i said above.
and in the end, your just gonna have to buy another kit to use it as spare parts.
lol.

Shimian
24-10-2007, 10:40 PM

Plenty of money lah. You bought a genuine mugen spoiler :p

andyhui01
24-10-2007, 11:34 PM

Jace, I just got some aftermarket oem ones (from ebay) installed, My mechanic wired them so that it only comes on if the parkers come on, turns off when I turn parkers off. The switch for on/off is located in the empty buttons beside the steering wheel.

So far (touch wood), no problems, but honestly, only had them for less than a week... lol. The beam throw is like any other foglight, fits perfectly... so no complaints :D

btw, it seems like there are only like 5 people active on FD threads (me, Shimian, jace, Jo_e)... lol

Shimian
24-10-2007, 11:37 PM
cos we love our FDs :p

ozR18
25-10-2007, 02:57 AM
i bought the foggies from destrukshn for a good price. Im gonna get it installed when i send it for service...118 bucks to get it fixed by honda. Just one question..ive got HID at the mo..will that cause any problems for the honda installers??

A new light switch is also included with the fog lamps

markCivicVti
25-10-2007, 05:12 AM
*Cough* *Cough*... i'm pretty active on the FD threads.... I'd be more active... but I [still] haven't received my fd1. Should be here in Nov sometime.

Shimian
25-10-2007, 08:37 AM
ok ok. its now 6 people active on FD threads (Andyhui01, Shimian, jace, Jo_e and MarkCivicVti)

andyhui01
25-10-2007, 05:04 PM
if we count active non-FD owners, we can count xquizit too :P

ozR18, are you serious about the $118 install from Honda? I must have gotten ripped off by my mechanic for the $150 install and my switch isn't even on the stalk.

Joele
25-10-2007, 05:06 PM
^^ LOL my Honda service center wanted $180.. ($90 per hour) going to shop around if I get the fog lights, I am not paying that much ;)

markCivicVti
25-10-2007, 06:17 PM
if we count active non-FD owners, we can count xquizit too :P

Hey!! I'm practically as good as an owner... I ordered the car over 2 months ago...

Paid the deposit yadd yadda... and have the finance approval...

I WANT MY FD!! </rant>

ozR18
25-10-2007, 07:19 PM
Yeah thats why they told me when asked them last..it takes them 1.5 hrs i think to install...i said ill supply my own genuine honda fd foggies when i send the car for service next.

its like 80 bucks or something for an hr. The switch comes together with the fog lamps and wiring etc

JaCe
25-10-2007, 10:28 PM
well I'm getting BK to do mine. got quoted $370 all up (incl. install) for genuine Honda ones so i'll probably go for it.

just need to save up $$ a bit longer.. maybe after uni finals i'll have some spare cash lying around. better stop drinking alcy for a lil while :)

destrukshn
25-10-2007, 10:50 PM
well I'm getting BK to do mine. got quoted $370 all up (incl. install) for genuine Honda ones so i'll probably go for it.

just need to save up $$ a bit longer.. maybe after uni finals i'll have some spare cash lying around. better stop drinking alcy for a lil while :)
good choice!!!
BK automotive.
=)

Aco3n
25-10-2007, 11:04 PM
I got the aftermarket one.. installed it by my self.. allignment not that great.. still does the job.. dash switch is not suitable tho.. cbf to fixed it for the moment.. but you get what you paid..

for anyone planning to install bodykit on their car.. please do mind to cut the black "sink" that covering the screw to dismantle the fog lights.. or you'll end up took off the whole bumper just to replace the bulbs.. as after you install bodykit.. you'll be having trouble taking off this cover..