PDA

View Full Version : Headlights Problem

IVTECS4
24-10-2007, 10:13 PM
hey guys , how's it goin ?

I have added Philips 4000k Blue Vision Halogen bulbs to my Euro recently , and I find that when I'm driving at night , I can see that the right hand side headlight is much brighter than the left hand side - due to it "shining" when I follow other cars bumpers - cars that are black or dark red . I don't know why the left hand side is not like the right hand side and just yesterday forget to mention it at service time . Is it normal for the right hand side light to be brighter than the left hand side ? What can I do to make the left hand side equal to the right hand side in brightness ?

P.S: Some time ago , I accidently scrapped my car's front bumper and I don't know if the slight impact of the scrape effected the car's left hand side headlight .

Hope you can help my problem here

Cheers

euro77
24-10-2007, 10:24 PM
because the height is different, the right hand side (driver's side) is aimed lower than the left hand side (passenger's side). This is to prevent from blinding the oncoming traffic.

aaronng
24-10-2007, 10:50 PM
I have added Philips 4000k Blue Vision Halogen bulbs to my Euro recently , and I find that when I'm driving at night , I can see that the right hand side headlight is much brighter than the left hand side - due to it "shining" when I follow other cars bumpers - cars that are black or dark red . I don't know why the left hand side is not like the right hand side and just yesterday forget to mention it at service time . Is it normal for the right hand side light to be brighter than the left hand side ? What can I do to make the left hand side equal to the right hand side in brightness ?

Normal, because you are sitting in the driver's side. If you are parked behind another car and notice the right side headlight brighter, just swap to the passenger seat and you'll see the left side being brighter instead.

NeoNode
25-10-2007, 05:54 AM
You didn't install the left hand side bulb upside down did you?
I recall Aaron saying there's one correct way fitting these bulbs.

rhettzor
25-10-2007, 10:20 AM
Normal, because you are sitting in the driver's side. If you are parked behind another car and notice the right side headlight brighter, just swap to the passenger seat and you'll see the left side being brighter instead.

^ Exactly. IVTECS4, you notice the right side being brighter because you are receiving the full, straight-on reflection of the globe. You notice the left side as less because you're viewing it at an angle, and not receiving the reflection back in your face.

As aaronng said, if you swap to the passenger side, you'll notice the opposite :)

IVTECS4
30-10-2007, 06:41 PM
Thanks guys for the information . :)

tron07
31-10-2007, 03:44 PM
You didn't install the left hand side bulb upside down did you?
I recall Aaron saying there's one correct way fitting these bulbs.

You cant install the H1 upside down...

aaronng
31-10-2007, 09:04 PM
You cant install the H1 upside down...

With Philips, Narva and Osram H1 bulbs, you can in the Euro. :) I've tried. It's like driving without any lights.

tron07
01-11-2007, 01:58 PM
I distinctively remember that on the H1 there are 3 pins which you cant mount it upside down.... maybe I got mixed up with H3

aaronng
01-11-2007, 02:02 PM
I distinctively remember that on the H1 there are 3 pins which you cant mount it upside down.... maybe I got mixed up with H3

H1 only has 1 pin for live. The ground is the casing itself.

phobolism
04-11-2007, 02:24 AM
Hi guys
can i just ask, if you were to use an eibach/bilstein combo then there wont be that HID levelling issue like that of using the tein coilovers right?
cheers

tony1234
04-11-2007, 08:12 AM
Hi guys
can i just ask, if you were to use an eibach/bilstein combo then there wont be that HID levelling issue like that of using the tein coilovers right?
cheers
That's right.I've got Bilstein/Eibach combo and the mounting points on the shocks for the auto levellers shocks are there.

Suntzu
06-11-2007, 11:30 AM
Has anyone put a HID kit ( ebay or the like) in a Standard Euro? I know its in a legal grey area, but wondering if it has been done successfully?