PDA

View Full Version : Help me decide - Lowering Euro

yfin
09-08-2004, 06:08 PM
Hi Guys - I think I am going to take the plunge. After hearing so many conflicting stories about whether I should change shocks and springs at the same time for my Euro - I think I will just get springs and see how the stock shocks go. If I get 60,000km life out of the stock shocks I will be happy. Fingers crossed.

The two main choices are either King springs (around $380 fitted) or Eibach Pro Kit (around $650 fitted). Pedders also make springs but I am not sure how much. Someone on this site paid $500+ (if my memory serves me correctly) for the Pedders springs fitted so that is approximate price.

So - out of the 3 - which should I go for? Is the price difference between the Eibach and the King springs really worth it?

If anyone highly recommends a suspension place in Melb with good prices please also let me know - opinions appreciated on this.

Gibbo
09-08-2004, 08:32 PM
yfin - i have the pedders kit on my euro and im really happy with it ! i did pay $560 but it included a full wheel alignment and balance etc... also im 2000kms from a capital city, so the prices are always dearer out this way. Another choice for springs is K-Mac they also do a camber kit for the euro which is a must if you drop it more than an inch... Any way good luck with what ever you choose cause i think in the end they are all pretty good quality, just get a good deal man...

EuroAccord13
09-08-2004, 08:41 PM
One thing that I need to mention, the Euro's rear wheels are cambered 1 degree already :)

MTX BOY
09-08-2004, 08:41 PM
Yeah definitely dont 4get the camber kit if your gonna SLAM it.

toE
10-08-2004, 01:09 AM
if you're not too fussed about the performance side of things and just want the springs to make the car look good, i say go the chepest option out there. And vice-versa. :)

EuroAccord13
11-08-2004, 06:31 PM
I'd say Kings over Pedders anytime.. :D

Yeah, like Toey mentioned... if you're not gunning the car like Toey is through the mountains, go for the cheaper option ....

tanghy
11-08-2004, 07:01 PM
i will not go anywhere near king not pedders
pls
you buy a nice car and crap out the suspension cos you don't want to spend abit more, if that's the case, just leave the car as it is

Psyklops
11-08-2004, 07:08 PM
that's a very passionate response against purchasing King and Pedders...do you feel the same way about Eibach or are you a coil over only type? I am thinking about doing my EG is all...and am not sure if I wanna shell out for coil overs

tanghy
11-08-2004, 07:09 PM
eibach or nothing

Civic Type R
11-08-2004, 07:40 PM
anything wrong with CUSCO and Tein ?

EuroAccord13
11-08-2004, 10:55 PM
I'd say Kings over Pedders anytime.. :D

P.S My comment was based on a budget system... still.. Kings over Pedders anytime...

Note: Go find out what car the Pedders Evo is using in the Australian Rally... you'd be surprised.... (Taken from someone not me)

Jus-10
12-08-2004, 03:49 PM
Pedders and Kings are no where near Eibach in terms of quality, performance, etc.

The reason for changing shocks is not solely for longevity. A matched shock and spring combo will offer increased performance as well as lowering the car. Trust me, you will notice the difference in rebound, etc. It will be a much more controlled setup.

The only Honda I have ever experienced Eibachs with is an NSX, but I have been in many BMWs from M3s to 7 series with Eibachs, and they are awesome.

Go a Koni/Eibach setup and you'll be set.

dundas
12-08-2004, 04:47 PM
fellas-- how about a pair of whiteline suspension? they are nice riding springs. have a good name for themselves and i havent heard of complaints like kings or pedders before (even though i got kings)

tanghy
12-08-2004, 05:53 PM
whiteline is made by king
go figure..

-h2n-
13-08-2004, 08:35 PM
Hi Guys - I think I am going to take the plunge. After hearing so many conflicting stories about whether I should change shocks and springs at the same time for my Euro - I think I will just get springs and see how the stock shocks go. If I get 60,000km life out of the stock shocks I will be happy. Fingers crossed.

The two main choices are either King springs (around $380 fitted) or Eibach Pro Kit (around $650 fitted). Pedders also make springs but I am not sure how much. Someone on this site paid $500+ (if my memory serves me correctly) for the Pedders springs fitted so that is approximate price.

So - out of the 3 - which should I go for? Is the price difference between the Eibach and the King springs really worth it?

If anyone highly recommends a suspension place in Melb with good prices please also let me know - opinions appreciated on this.

Wassup!!

getting me euro lowered with a set of D2 racing sports coilovers at motorware in clayton tomorrow... been waiting 3 weeks for parts to arrive from jap so the anticipation has been unbearable!!

as far as i know, no one has done this mod yet so will be the guinea pig for ya'll and let you know how it goes...

kinda decided on the coilovers because i wanted to be able to change ride height now and then (still a bitch tho..)

if you wanna change the springs alone, definitely go for eibach pro kit dude ... the drop is just right... what rims you packin??
but i recommend changing springs and shocks at the same time or just get coilovers ... saves the labour cost of replacing the shocks in about 10 - 15k kms WHEN you start bouncing all over the place... been there done that and NOT going back!!!!! ^^

whatever you do, try suspension city in north melb i think they are quite reasonable ... or carshine in flemington street near the city... they can both hook you up with da eibachs ...

ithe EURO... a sweet ride dude... any shortcuts don't do justice to it.... but anyway, to each his own.... just my .02!!

peace!!

yfin
13-08-2004, 09:40 PM
Thanks for all your comments.

H2N - I have 17" Prodrive rims. So what sort of dollars are the D2 racing coilovers fitted? Make sure you post some pics and let us know how the ride is! I'd be keen to check out your car someday.

We should have a Melbourne Euro meet. There are quite a few of us now on this board.

Regards
y

Calvo
14-08-2004, 06:07 PM
EiBach's the way too go :D

if ur in Syd, go see Hansen :)

-h2n-
15-08-2004, 10:51 AM
ok... it's been done!!

it took a while because the rear shocks were a biatch to replace but now that it's all in, i'm stoked with the outcome!!

now there are 2 fingers gap up front and 1.5 fingers at the back... can go lower but wanna get used to driving at this height first and plus it looks great already!!

first impressions are good. the ride is not overly harsh (i got them on the softest setting) and when cruising back to melb from clayton felt pretty much stock, except when going over bumps of course can really feel those now (not in a bad way though) ...

anyway, lemme test it out some more as i haven't really driven enough on them yet.

yfin - a melb meet sounds great!! keep us posted will ya?? and good luck with the lowering and take my advice... DO IT!!! :D :D

H.

wynode
15-08-2004, 12:01 PM
SO does this affect your warranty?

*waits for pics*