PDA

View Full Version : foglight bulbs

Shimian
25-10-2007, 08:41 AM
Can someone recommend a brighter foglight H11 bulbs to replace stock ones? I find stock ones too dim when driving in rainy conditions. Maybe there are ones that will give me brightness therefore more distance? Philips CrystalVision good for foggies?

thanks

Sydsyd
25-10-2007, 08:59 AM
crystalvision would give u a white colour light, which isn't good at all in rainy conditions...ur option would be to buy the visionplus bulb that's 30% brighter...or the GT (i think 50% brighter) which is much better than stock OEM...

just go to any auto accessories store and find out if they have those in H11;)

GL with it

traumatized
25-10-2007, 09:50 AM
option 1.

you can convert a H9 bulb to fit the H11 socket which is much brighter due to having more lumens. it is very easy to convert and doesn't take long at all.

there is a DIY guide done by YFIN that explains what is needed to convert the H9 bulb to fit.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59500

oh word of advice when purchasing the H9 bulbs check to see that the three guides on the side of the bulbs match up with H11 bulbs. I have found that some H9 bulb guides are slightly off so when you come to install the converted H9 bulb into the H11 socket it doesn't fit.

option 2.
get higher wattage bulbs, although because it is for the foglights the area is quite small so the heat generated by the higher wattage light may cause damage to the housing of the fog light.

option 3.
as stated above you can buy efficient H11

option 4.
get a HID kit for the fog lights, i have seen it done before but i must say not many poeple have gone with thie route.

Kiz_EG6
25-10-2007, 12:35 PM
Hey man, as a bove HiD, you can get a cheap H11 kit now, probably lookin at bout 300 bux, but well worth it, you will see through brick walls, autobarn have a good cheap range under the brand "topgun"!

Shimian
25-10-2007, 07:34 PM
im looking to keep it like stock color (golden color). I think going HID for foggies are a bit much unless i can get a kit for under $80 then i might do it.

Just want to confirm, is stock foggies 3000k?

Is this what you are referring to when you say "check the three guides"?

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o108/dkny10001/H11%20and%20H9/H9toH11_3.jpg

traumatized
26-10-2007, 09:35 AM
that is exactly what i was referring to when i mentioned the guides. that will need modifying and also the little plastic piece in the socket area of the bulb.

in regards to the temp of stock bulbs i'm not sure what it is but i think it is fairly close to 3000k

Shimian
26-10-2007, 10:49 PM
Maybe its more 3300k. I was thinking of getting some MTECs 3300k standards. Will this produce the 2100 lumens with a H9 bulb?

traumatized
26-10-2007, 11:48 PM
as far as i am aware all H9 bulbs produce 2100 lumens, with the H9 MTEC bulbs you will definately need to modify the guide to make it fit into the H11 bulb housing.

just remember that any modifications to the bulb will void warranty so just make sure you are exact careful guess that is the only risk really in performing this mod.