PDA

View Full Version : Installing Suspension/LCA

Moya
25-10-2007, 05:38 PM
So I have my DC2 at the moment with stock springs, and king superlow suspension.

I have used ITR shocks and springs and used Rear ITR LCA's beside me that I want installed.

For the install, is there anything else I need? Additional Bolts to hold shock to LCA etc?

I'd like to ask my mechanic mate to help me install it, but I don't know if he knows exactly what is required for the swap. (hes a Holden Mechanic). He knows his stuff, but I'm sure in any swap there is an extra bolt or something that maybe needed?

He's got his full mechanic tool set.

Cheers

riruiz_88
26-10-2007, 07:39 PM
hey dude, you have everything you need for the conversion. it is straight fit man, just might need to make sure that all nuts/bolts are torqued properly

Chuckz
26-10-2007, 10:51 PM
thats all u need dude, straight forward out with the old in with the new

Sydsyd
27-10-2007, 12:24 AM
yep it's all straight swap and refit...for EGs u have to have DC2 rear sway bar;)

T-onedc2
27-10-2007, 01:10 AM
As above dude. Although one thing worth noting is that the brake line bracket won't bolt to the ITR lca the same way, the holes don't line up so only one bolt can be used to hold in place.
No drama, just something I discovered which I was never told.

shebangs
28-10-2007, 10:31 PM
Isn't DC2R LCA Bush Style, and the existing DC2 LCA Fork style?

So correct me if I'm wrong, but you'll be swapping shocks/springs on all 4, then on the rear, swapping LCA's aswell?

riruiz_88
29-10-2007, 07:12 AM
^^he is only swapping the rear LCA's, and the DC2R is eyelet while the DC2/EG is fork style. the font on DC2/EG are all the same, so you dont need to get DC2R front LCA's. :thumbsup: